Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

28 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

So review. at the end of October seems to be the preferred option now. 

What would be the criteria to keep him. Winning one game enough?

We have what now appears to be a tough run of matches right up to New Year. 

If he has us in a 'struggling to stave off relegation' position at the end of that run, ie if we occupy a bottom 2 or 3 slot, then I'd install the new manager that we SURELY must have on standby. 

If we're round about mid table, let him see out the season, then reassess. 

If there's no real improvement, oot the door.. but If he wins us the league I'd keep him. 

14 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

So review. at the end of October seems to be the preferred option now. 

What would be the criteria to keep him. Winning one game enough?

October is an arbitrary timeline chosen by those who wish to reflect the worst likely situation given the schedule.

At least giving till the end of the year sees us pass the halfway point in the season and you’ll get a truer reflection on where we’re going to be battling for the run in. (Relegation, mid-table obscurity or battling for Europe)

That’s not an option in the poll though, so it’s flawed

42 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

October is an arbitrary timeline chosen by those who wish to reflect the worst likely situation given the schedule. 

I want him out now. But those who want to review after October haven't chosen an arbitrary timeline - it will be after he has had a full round of games in the League. 

Maybe not yourself, but plenty of people have always said that after the first 11 games is a good time to judge the league. 

There is no rhyme nor reason to give him to the end of the year other than desperation that he can somehow turn it around (he can't). 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

At least giving till the end of the year sees us pass the halfway point in the season and you’ll get a truer reflection on where we’re going to be battling for the run in. (Relegation, mid-table obscurity or battling for Europe)

That’s not an option in the poll though, so it’s flawed

Disagree completely.

If we have a bad October & go 13 without a win there are another NINE games before the year end.

So you’d want to wait until 22 league games in (I think?) before sacking him?

Thats far too late. 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Utter drivel.

Shut up. 

AH SEYS SHUT UP! 

Cormack is in hiding. He will appear once we have been relegated to tell us we don’t need Covid passports any longer for the new division we are in and him, Glass and Gunn are working hard in securing our long term future whilst trying to play attacking aggressive football. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disagree completely.

If we have a bad October & go 13 without a win there are another NINE games before the year end.

Thats far too late. 

In this new corporate employment world that we all live in (those of us lucky to still have jobs) we are all being constantly monitored, assessed, 1-1s, performance management and all that shit. Especially American companies.

Cormack will be into all that shit. Mate or no mate, Glass will be getting scrutinised closely due to the match day and corporate financial implications, which are dropping like a stone. 

When you get to a situation of a must win game, you’re already fucked. Cos even if you win it, there’s always another obstacle just round the corner. People talk about Ferguson at Man U in the FA Cup in 1990 but that was a one off. Ordinarily, when you get to this situation, you’re already fucked

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Cormack is in hiding. He will appear once we have been relegated to tell us we don’t need Covid passports any longer for the new division we are in and him, Glass and Gunn are working hard in securing our long term future whilst trying to play attacking aggressive football. 

Stop typing shite. 

You’re as funny as woodworm in a cripple’s crutch 

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, slippers said:

To save his job he needs to at very least pick up 7 out of 12 points minimum against Dundee, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. If we don't beat Dundee I think its enough to sack him. If we lose to Dundee I think things could get so ugly he has little choice.

Raith Rovers was the early warning flag, but was recoverable from. 

Ross County at home soon after and the shit starts to get real.

And then the 4 games since……

As I said, he’s already staring at the precipice and if he can turn this round, kudos to him.

I think it’s time to go, we were ridiculous defensive under Mcinnes and ridiculous zero defence under Glass

Time for someone to just fucking sort it out, nae saying I could do it but fuck me attack at the right times and defend in depth a lead if required is nae exactly brain surgery

12 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You're in the know it seems min.

Has he been kidnapped and is being held against his will in master abductor Josef Fritzl's cellar, or is hiding, through own choice, in the basement of his luxurious 20 bedroom apartment in Atlanta??

Nothing like that at all. He is away on holiday with Prince Andrew.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disagree completely.

Thats far too late. 

That's fine, differences of opinion.

We're in transition and before he started, people said he would need time to make a change.

Playing everyone home and away is THE absolute minimum

The games we have lost we have not deserved to have been beaten (yes, I understand if they score and we don't then we deserve to be beat) 

IF we fail to win in the next 4 and go 13 without a win, then yes, DC should make it clear to SG that he needs to start getting results.

What IF we beat Dundee? Does that put the October review to bed as it wont be 13 without a win?

What if we only pick up 3 points in the next 4 (no wins) but then went on a run picking up 21 in the next 9? 

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We're in transition and before he started, people said he would need time to make a change.

The games we have lost we have not deserved to have been beaten (yes, I understand if they score and we don't then we deserve to be beat) 

IF we fail to win in the next 4 and go 13 without a win, then yes, DC should make it clear to SG that he needs to start getting results.

What IF we beat Dundee? Does that put the October review to bed as it wont be 13 without a win?

What if we only pick up 3 points in the next 4 (no wins) but then went on a run picking up 21 in the next 9? 

I like how you try and justify completely ignoring everything that points to SG as being out of his depth and incapable of doing the job as being "an opinion" and as such somehow more credible. 

Lots of what ifs. The last what if in particular is designed create doubt about SGs being out of his depth, but we all know it won't come to pass. 

25 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Needs to do more than pick up 3 points in the next 4 games imo. 

You can't say OK you beat Dundee so everything is fine now. Any duffer should be able to win more than one every 6 games with the budget we've got. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I like how you try and justify completely ignoring everything that points to SG as being out of his depth and incapable of doing the job as being "an opinion" and as such somehow more credible. 

Lots of what ifs. The last what if in particular is designed create doubt about SGs being out of his depth, but we all know it won't come to pass. 

Its not completely ignoring everything, its just not giving up and putting the blinkers on .

Its like you trying to jump and win a header with your eyes glued shut.

You've be no good in a battle, you just give up too easily

Try keeping an open mind and believe in the team

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Time for someone to just fucking sort it out, nae saying I could do it but fuck me attack at the right times and defend in depth a lead if required is nae exactly brain surgery

If it was that easy every team would do that but I’m afraid football isn’t as simple as that. 

34 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

You'd have been the last man standing on the Titanic probably - you were like this with McInnes too, everyone else knew months earlier that his time was up but you kept making excuses for him. I'm pretty sure this is just history repeating itself. However, I do admire your optimism, and your willingness to put an alternative view across, so fair play to you!

Come on though... IF we go 13 without a win, DC needs to tell SG he needs to start getting results? Surely the chairman should be at the manager if we go 4 or 5 games without a win - if I did my job terribly for a month my boss would have something to say to me - he doesn't wait until I've been underperforming for 3 months before he says "you need to start improving or else we'll have to take action..." - at the 3 month stage he's on the brink of punting me, not just starting to tell me improvements are required.

If you can't defend your own goal, and can't score in the other team's goal, then you don't deserve to win anything. If we can't beat dundee who haven't won a game at all this season it's another nail in the coffin - crowds will be down, fans increasingly disillusioned, moral amongst players even worse... but if he then goes another 3 games without a win it will be significantly worse. At this rate we'll be lucky to get 21 points in the remainder of the season never mind the next 9 games.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

You'd have been the last man standing on the Titanic probably - you were like this with McInnes too, everyone else knew months earlier that his time was up but you kept making excuses for him. I'm pretty sure this is just history repeating itself. However, I do admire your optimism, and your willingness to put an alternative view across, so fair play to you!

Come on though... IF we go 13 without a win, DC needs to tell SG he needs to start getting results? Surely the chairman should be at the manager if we go 4 or 5 games without a win - if I did my job terribly for a month my boss would have something to say to me - he doesn't wait until I've been underperforming for 3 months before he says "you need to start improving or else we'll have to take action..." - at the 3 month stage he's on the brink of punting me, not just starting to tell me improvements are required.

If you can't defend your own goal, and can't score in the other team's goal, then you don't deserve to win anything. If we can't beat dundee who haven't won a game at all this season it's another nail in the coffin - crowds will be down, fans increasingly disillusioned, moral amongst players even worse... but if he then goes another 3 games without a win it will be significantly worse. At this rate we'll be lucky to get 21 points in the remainder of the season never mind the next 9 games.

I ken. 

He should be told he needs to get results now, not after the next four games or after 22 games. 

I've seen some folk saying that as long as he stays up he should get the start of next season.  Bonkers. 

The other one is the "you can't judge him on the next 4 games as we have a really tough run of games" 

It's his own fault he's got himself into this situation where the next month is critical. 

What will they say next if he loses the next 4?  Keep hold of him because we have an easier run of games coming up and he might get some results? 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its not completely ignoring everything, its just not giving up and putting the blinkers on .

Its like you trying to jump and win a header with your eyes glued shut.

You've be no good in a battle, you just give up too easily

Try keeping an open mind and believe in the team

Sticking with Glass is giving up. 

Seriously min you've got this all muddled up. 

Open minded? The amount of times closed minded people use that phrase because they believe in shit like psychics etc is staggering, as their mind is usually completely closed to the possibility that it's smoke and mirrors. 

You have consistently displayed a closed mind to Glass being out of his depth, in the face of overwhelming evidence. Consistantly come up with different excuses and scenarios to back up your view that he could just be the man. Having the blinkers on so to speak, to quote your good self. He isn't the man. Thats not me being closed minded or giving up - that is the reality of the situation. 

As for battles, you should read into them. Having a good general is critical and countless solid and brave men who never give have been needlessly driven to their doom by incompetence from the general.

Seeing a glaring problem that urgently needs to be fixed, and pushing for it to be fixed, is not giving up. Ignoring it is. 

• Upvote 2