Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

9 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Regarding the earlier posts about us dominating possession- yes, purely per the stats we dominate possession, but no wonder when we pass the ball back and forth across the back line, often making little or no progress and many times passing it back to the keeper who lumps it up the field. Dominating possession is all well and good if you use that domination to produce something effective at the end of it. We don’t.

Do we genuinely actually dominate possession anyway?

What's the differences to McInnes?

Something I've wondered... would I rather play for McInnes or Glass... forget about the tactics, formation etc etc - who comes across more as a man-manager, someone that would produce a good atmosphere and team spirit? I feel like McInnes for most of his time here seemed to have the players behind him - obviously towards the end it seemed that he lost the dressing room a bit. I just don't really feel that there's much of a connection between Glass and the players... can't really put my finger on it, but I'm not convinced they're giving that extra 10% for him, despite the fact most of them are guys he's brought in.

1 hour ago, Itsagoal said:

Please humour me and repeat yourself.

The basic summary would appear to be as follows:

He thinks Glass has improved things and we are too focused on results. 

He thinks we are just about to click as a team. 

We have been undone by a series of individual errors rather than through our recruitment, formation or tactical organisation. 

He thinks we are being rash and the manager deserves more time. 

Hopefully he is proved right but the signs are nae good. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The basic summary would appear to be as follows:

He thinks Glass has improved things and we are too focused on results. 

He thinks we are just about to click as a team. 

We have been undone by a series of individual errors rather than through our recruitment, formation or tactical organisation. 

He thinks we are being rash and the manager deserves more time. 

Hopefully he is proved right but the signs are nae good. 

Yep he would think that, especially after interviewing and appointing his mate at his bag garden BBQ.

This situation has had car crash written all over it from day 1. 

Diamond Dave is going to be lucky to survive this situation unscathed.

Time, as always, will tell.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It would be an unlikely starting 11 for us barring a fair few injuries but it's definitely an 11 we could finish a match with after substitutions have been made.

Horrific result

The will to win has left pittodrie stadium ( months ago. ) We need a winning management and players 100 percent dedicated to winning every game.   Raith rovers Arbroath whose next Brora Rangers. ? 

4 hours ago, RUL said:

Arbroath 3 Aberdeen 1

Not sure who scored but it was

Woods

Hancock Bates Gallagher Campbell

Mcgeough Jenks Longstaff

Hayes Jet Samuels

Fuck sakes. That’s horrific. We will get people saying in pre season friendlies and “practice” matches, the score lines are irrelevant. 

Never felt that way personally.

I’m not going to use it as another stick with which to beat Glass but fucking hell, it just adds fuel to the already raging fire that  he’s miles and miles out of his depth 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fuck sakes. That’s horrific. We will get people saying in pre season friendlies and “practice” matches, the score lines are irrelevant. 

Never felt that way personally.

I’m not going to use it as another stick with which to beat Glass but fucking hell, it just adds fuel to the already raging fire that  he’s miles and miles out of his depth 

Aye

Friendlies don't count.

Atlanta B's games don't count. 

Last season doesn't count. 

This season doesn't count. 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

The will to win has left pittodrie stadium ( months ago. ) We need a winning management and players 100 percent dedicated to winning every game.   Raith rovers Arbroath whose next Brora Rangers. ? 

Probably Dundee. 

I'm thinking we'll grind out a desperate draw, but with two of the worst teams in the league you never can predict what'll happen.

You'd hope that Gallagher and Bates would have presence in a game like that and at least keep it tight and have something to build on.  Obviously not.

Pumped by Arbroath....  Having 75% of possession in the game wouldnt be able to cover that fact - An 11 of first team players (of varying experience in some cases) got steamrollered by Arbroath.

17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Never, ever read into the result in a training match. 

Perhaps, but if it is on back of 8 games without a win it doesn't exactly aid confidence.