292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

On 10/10/2021 at 1:34 PM, Zander1903 said:

winning is a habit to install into a team no matter who you are playing

can say its only a training game but with our "squad" 3 points should be a minimum against low level teams

I'd have taken a point, but had a look at their table and it seems Arbroath haven't had the 3 points awarded to them?

On 10/9/2021 at 10:47 AM, RUL said:

Arbroath 3 Aberdeen 1

Not sure who scored but it was

Woods

Hancock Bates Gallagher Campbell

Mcgeough Jenks Longstaff

Hayes Jet Samuels

Is there actually any truth in this or just word of mouth? not seen anything written anywhere else about this game. Even your comment is a word for word copy and paste from PieAndBothril (from StarryFish - might be you, dunno,). I can't even find a single Tweet about the game on Twitter. 

I find it odd though that someone can remember the full starting 11 and positions, but not who scored one goal.

7 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Is there actually any truth in this or just word of mouth? not seen anything written anywhere else about this game. Even your comment is a word for word copy and paste from PieAndBothril (from StarryFish - might be you, dunno,). I can't even find a single Tweet about the game on Twitter. 

I find it odd though that someone can remember the full starting 11 and positions, but not who scored one goal.

Gallagher got the goal via a deflection.

I firmly believed the 3-1 v Arbroath story was was horseshit.. but it seems not. 

THIS article makes a passing comment to the game and result, which would appear to confirm it did happen, but Aberdeen FC is being pretty quiet about the whole thing. 

“But, Anton Dowds scored two great goals against Aberdeen [in a bounce game] — we beat them 3-1 — and that’s a message to me that he wants Nouble’s jersey."

2 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

I think I am now done with him.

wanted it to work. Was willing to give him time, until now. That’s it. Leave my club before you ruin it 

The only way I see it being viable to keep him in post longer is if we get an experienced Yogi Hughes type in as assistant manager come Monday morning, someone who can work with Glass to point out where he's going wrong and try and get him heading in the right direction. 

For what it's worth I don't see Glass making a success of being an outright manager, he's probably more suited to youth coaching than first team management in a competitive league and I think we should be cutting our losses and getting rid now.

Said to give him the Dundee game as he’d have two weeks training the team and getting them setup to beat relegation fodder.
Defeated and should be receiving his P45 by Monday morning at the latest. 

Cormack hopefully learning his lesson that the Aberdeen job needs a qualified manager not a youth coach

1 minute ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Drew with bottom Ross county at home.

loss to bottom Dundee away. 

loss to championship Raith. 

10 games without a win. Out of a cup, out of Europe.. in relegation battle. 

he’s on the ropes

He's on the canvas min and the ref has waved it off. 

There's no way he can recover from this.

No experience in his entire coaching team. And if they bring someone in to help him now it's just an admission he's not up to it. 

Cormack will cut him loose with a season's cash to save his own neck.  Probably get a coaching job back at Atlanta as a soft landing.