Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

Absolutely no point in persevering with glass any longer. Whatever it is that he is trying to do clearly isn't working and isn't going to. Get someone in now who isn't completely clueless while there is still time to salvage something out of this season. His sacking should be announced by the morning, otherwise we are just wasting time. Get him to fuck. Oh and cormack can fuck off too. 

Still in the camp of wait until end of October. I usually think it’s unfair to not give a manager a few windows..

HOWEVER, if we don’t win in 13 matches (likely), then there is no such thing as a rebuild because we’ll be relegated. 

we have better talent then last season. At  first we should some creativity and decent attacking football. Where has that gone? At one point I thought we’d be fighting for the champions league slot…. I’m an idiot. 

There's no point delaying the inevitable he's clearly not up to the job. We are so soft it's embarrassing. 

My biggest fear when McInnes left was trusting our board to appoint the right man to replace him and Cormack has made a complete cunt of it. Not a single AFC fan wanted Glass in the first place and we sure as hell don't want him now. As a professional football manager he is clearly way out of his depth. He has to go. Now.

• Like 1

I was disappointed when we announced Glass as manager but like many gave him a chance.

He failed in his interim spell at Atlanta Utd and he's certainly replicated that record with us in just a few months.

It's time to end the experiment. Cormack blatantly lied to us about regarding the hiring process and as such its turned into an absolute sham.

We most certainly are capable of being relegated under this current management and squad. What a mess we are in. 

Sadly it hasn't worked out and Glass needs to be replaced effective immediately.

It is so, so, so obvious to anyone with an iota of football intelligence where the problem is defensively with this side; the full-backs are playing so high (being instructed to by the manager) that an experienced striker like Griffiths can just peel off Bates and have a shootie-in. Yes Bates was pretty shit there, and Gallagher was equally shit in not closing down the second one, but the CBs are so terribly exposed in every match and this is entirely the manager’s instruction; if you put them under this kind of pressure it is inevitable they’re going to make mistakes.

In an attacking sense we’re still not getting anyone close enough to our immobile front man. That’s not a dig at Ramirez, he’s just not the kind of player that’s going to run at defences, and having Ferguson play off him is a flawed strategy that keeps being played out in the hope it brings a different result.  It’s a 2-7-1 shape we’re playing and it is absolutely bonkers. That’s what Glass is trying to do differently and if it works he should be rightly lauded as some kind of tactical genius. But it’s not going to work. It makes Calderwood’s sounding of the 2-4-4 bugles look rational.

I can’t see how he survives this other than the Chairman arrogant refusal to realise what an absolute James Hunt he’s made of this.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Me.

Dinna like to see someone lose their job,especially when it's been instigated by all the bed wetters on here...In Glass I trust.

I don’t want someone to lose their job but when they are so patently unsuited to it they should be moved to a role they are better at rather than continuing to fail and bring down the company with him. Other than rhetoric what has Glass done to gain your trust? 

1 minute ago, Crossbow said:

I don’t want someone to lose their job but when they are so patently unsuited to it they should be moved to a role they are better at rather than continuing to fail and bring down the company with him. Other than rhetoric what has Glass done to gain your trust? 

Cormack would be doing Glass a favour by sacking him. The boy is out of his depth, and will end up having a breakdown if he's left drowning in the situation he's currently in. Better for all parties if he leaves. Leave now, no ill feelings - we write it off as an experiment gone wrong. Drag it on any longer and it's a different story.

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Does anyone think the players have downed tools, 

Or more accurately never even started to pick them up

I've never really noticed that there's been much of a relationship between the players and the manager... you got the sense with McInnes that he had a good relationship with the players (possibly until the last few months) and they all liked him and wanted to do well for him. You don't really get that impression with Glass. 

Still most worrying for me is the lack of any plan of action even before today’s game. Glass is struggling and it’s easy to just Chuck him under the bus, but why is nothing coming from Gunn, Cormack etc to get someone in to help out even? A coach within the staff with some damn experience would be a start! Getting out of trouble and a slump is never easy and for a completely rookie coaching team for this type of crisis it’s night on impossible. There has to be an old head or two we could add to the ranks who could assist Glass but the club has done nothing.

Today was the worst we’ve been, at least in earlier games we looked like we were trying to play football albeit slowly and poorly, today we were mostly overrun by Dundee. No tactics to stop Adam, and our CBs look barely able for Highland league level let alone International level which is bizarre.

What happens if/when Glass goes is the most important juncture in this clubs history as if this goes wrong we could go down, it’s that bad. Pressure on Cormack and the board for me. Big decisions to be made and egos have to be put to one side (might be the biggest challenge of all!)

• Upvote 3