Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

35 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've never really noticed that there's been much of a relationship between the players and the manager... you got the sense with McInnes that he had a good relationship with the players (possibly until the last few months) and they all liked him and wanted to do well for him. You don't really get that impression with Glass. 

If he does the same thing week in, week out, & says the same stuff & we keep getting beat, it’s hard to think the manager is up to it.

22 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Still most worrying for me is the lack of any plan of action even before today’s game. Glass is struggling and it’s easy to just Chuck him under the bus, but why is nothing coming from Gunn, Cormack etc to get someone in to help out even? A coach within the staff with some damn experience would be a start! Getting out of trouble and a slump is never easy and for a completely rookie coaching team for this type of crisis it’s night on impossible. There has to be an old head or two we could add to the ranks who could assist Glass but the club has done nothing.

Today was the worst we’ve been, at least in earlier games we looked like we were trying to play football albeit slowly and poorly, today we were mostly overrun by Dundee. No tactics to stop Adam, and our CBs look barely able for Highland league level let alone International level which is bizarre.

What happens if/when Glass goes is the most important juncture in this clubs history as if this goes wrong we could go down, it’s that bad. Pressure on Cormack and the board for me. Big decisions to be made and egos have to be put to one side (might be the biggest challenge of all!)

Once again, a great contribution

Well done and love to see you share more

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Still most worrying for me is the lack of any plan of action even before today’s game. Glass is struggling and it’s easy to just Chuck him under the bus, but why is nothing coming from Gunn, Cormack etc to get someone in to help out even? A coach within the staff with some damn experience would be a start! Getting out of trouble and a slump is never easy and for a completely rookie coaching team for this type of crisis it’s night on impossible. There has to be an old head or two we could add to the ranks who could assist Glass but the club has done nothing.

Should have thought of this at the start rather than bringing in your mate as the manager and allowing him to bring in his mates as assistants with zero experience between them - Glass, Brown, Agadoo, Russell, Gunn - hardly an ounce of experience between them.

Craig Brown is creaking about the place still and I'm sure he's available for a chat any time Glass wants it for what it's worth. I'm sure he's also got plenty ex managers he can call on for advice if he wants it. 

It's all unfixable now anyway - players have zero confidence and management team has zero experience. Recipe for further disaster. The only way the first thing will change is by fixing the second thing by dumping the current bunch and bringing in a new management team.

6 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Should have thought of this at the start rather than bringing in your mate as the manager and allowing him to bring in his mates as assistants with zero experience between them - Glass, Brown, Agadoo, Russell, Gunn - hardly an ounce of experience between them.

Craig Brown is creaking about the place still and I'm sure he's available for a chat any time Glass wants it for what it's worth. I'm sure he's also got plenty ex managers he can call on for advice if he wants it. 

It's all unfixable now anyway - players have zero confidence and management team has zero experience. Recipe for further disaster. The only way the first thing will change is by fixing the second thing by dumping the current bunch and bringing in a new management team.

Craig Brown, if his opinions tonight are anything to go by should not be spoken to….

I don’t even think it’s so much calling for advice rather just that 1 or 2 guys on the coaching staff that have maybe seen this before and can get through to the players (or even the manager!) to go in totally blind and with total novices was a huge gamble and it’s backfired. 

Time for our egotistical, loud, opinionated Chairman to find his voice and sort this out…

1 minute ago, DoonTheLine said:

Craig Brown, if his opinions tonight are anything to go by should not be spoken to….

I don’t even think it’s so much calling for advice rather just that 1 or 2 guys on the coaching staff that have maybe seen this before and can get through to the players (or even the manager!) to go in totally blind and with total novices was a huge gamble and it’s backfired. 

Time for our egotistical, loud, opinionated Chairman to find his voice and sort this out…

The manager decided that his backroom team should be 3 guys with hardly any experience coaching at senior club level. 

Foisting someone with experience on him is just papering over the cracks and admitting he's not up to the job. Delaying the inevitable. 

Best to just make sure the next guy brings in an appropriate coaching team with him.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The manager decided that his backroom team should be 3 guys with hardly any experience coaching at senior club level. 

Foisting someone with experience on him is just papering over the cracks and admitting he's not up to the job. Delaying the inevitable. 

Best to just make sure the next guy brings in an appropriate coaching team with him.

Isn’t this why we have a DOF and a very loud chairman? I can’t have it that this is all at the Managers door.

Cormack is always telling us how much planning goes into everything at the club, yet they didn’t think at all for taking in a coach on the staff with experience.

Taking in a coach with experience in his staff isn’t papering over the cracks - this isn’t taking in someone over him or alongside him, it’s someone on his team as a sounding board, who may have been through this before. It’s not someone to take over matters. The lack of experience from the first team through the board/dof and even to our youth teams is strange indeed! 

Just now, DoonTheLine said:

Isn’t this why we have a DOF and a very loud chairman? I can’t have it that this is all at the Managers door.

Cormack is always telling us how much planning goes into everything at the club, yet they didn’t think at all for taking in a coach on the staff with experience.

Taking in a coach with experience in his staff isn’t papering over the cracks - this isn’t taking in someone over him or alongside him, it’s someone on his team as a sounding board, who may have been through this before. It’s not someone to take over matters. The lack of experience from the first team through the board/dof and even to our youth teams is strange indeed! 

The ultimate blame lies with Cormack for the appointment. 

Glass recruited a completely inexperienced coaching team. But you'd have thought someone could have said hang on min are you sure? 

But then everyone else in the leadership team inexperienced as well. 

A clusterfuck all round if you will. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Still in the camp of wait until end of October. I usually think it’s unfair to not give a manager a few windows..

HOWEVER, if we don’t win in 13 matches (likely), then there is no such thing as a rebuild because we’ll be relegated. 

we have better talent then last season. At  first we should some creativity and decent attacking football. Where has that gone? At one point I thought we’d be fighting for the champions league slot…. I’m an idiot. 

Your loyalty is commendable SSS

your wife must be able to get away with murder lol

why give him another 3 games when things are clearly getting worse not better?

imo, we punt him post haste and don’t waste another few weeks with the worst manager in our history. Sooner we get rid sooner we can get someone more competent in place  

Wanted him to succeed but like the majority of us, enough is enough. In other games you could argue we have been unlucky to lose/not win but tonigut was toothless. Fuck off back to Atlanta 2 you prick; didn't even have the bottle to acknowledge the fans at full time. Thought our fans were quite tame at letting him know he has made a cunt of it too though...

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Wanted him to succeed but like the majority of us, enough is enough. In other games you could argue we have been unlucky to lose/not win but tonigut was toothless. Fuck off back to Atlanta 2 you prick; didn't even have the bottle to acknowledge the fans at full time. Thought our fans were quite tame at letting him know he has made a cunt of it too though...

Shut the fuck up min. 

Aye he’s not up to the job but the abuse is weird behaviour.

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’ve been trying to get me to respond to that for days now.

Why? It’s clearly not worked. 

Need to try another angle you paedo supporting little Englander ?

You’d have been delighted yer noncey mate scored tonight, eh? 

How do you Ramirez is a nonce? Swapping photos? 

I only have one team, it’s you that enjoys the other teams players mind 

Haven’t read the comments but surely nobody is defending Glass anymore?

Really wanted him to do well, but he obviously has no idea what he’s doing. 10 without a win ffs. Shite signings, shite tactics, making once decent players look shite…the list goes on.

This summer was a real missed opportunity. Cormack has given Glass a lot of money which has mostly been wasted. Even a semi competent manager would be doing better than this. Can only hope this is the last time Cormack decides to do his mate a favour rather than do what’s best for the club.

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Haven’t read the comments but surely nobody is defending Glass anymore?

Really wanted him to do well, but he obviously has no idea what he’s doing. 10 without a win ffs. Shite signings, shite tactics, making once decent players look shite…the list goes on.

This summer was a real missed opportunity. Cormack has given Glass a lot of money which has mostly been wasted. Even a semi competent manager would be doing better than this. Can only hope this is the last time Cormack decides to do his mate a favour rather than do what’s best for the club.

The trust is gone though with Cormack and it will be almost impossible for him to get it back.  

The lies about the managerial appointment would only have been forgiven if not forgotten if it had been successful. 

Folk hate being deceived by 'one of their own' far more than by an outsider. 

I have this weird recollection of about 20 years ago. I think DC was involved with the club back then, and I read this article from him on how the club was trying to do something different, and having Ebbe use a system for first team, reserves, and all youths team was the way forward. It was to be a refreshing new approach and we were going to sweep into the new millennium with a completely different philosophy to Scottish football in general.

that special system, if I remember correctly, was a horrific 433 with the two wide players completely lost and the striker totally isolated. Probably Stavrum. The whole thing was of course total horse cock, but there’s something remarkably similar to that period as is there is now.

I might have dreamt the whole thing up and there’s been two decades of heavy intoxication in between, but total shite philosophy then and very similar total shite now.

6 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

I have this weird recollection of about 20 years ago. I think DC was involved with the club back then, and I read this article from him on how the club was trying to do something different, and having Ebbe use a system for first team, reserves, and all youths team was the way forward. It was to be a refreshing new approach and we were going to sweep into the new millennium with a completely different philosophy to Scottish football in general.

that special system, if I remember correctly, was a horrific 433 with the two wide players completely lost and the striker totally isolated. Probably Stavrum. The whole thing was of course total horse cock, but there’s something remarkably similar to that period as is there is now.

I might have dreamt the whole thing up and there’s been two decades of heavy intoxication in between, but total shite philosophy then and very similar total shite now.

Ebbe played 433 as that's what he did at brondby.