Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

For his own good health wise, I reckon Glass needs to be replaced, he's a decent, honest guy, and probably, understandably, is trying to make what is likely this dream job work,

But in life we sometimes take on battles we can't win , no matter how we try to , and in those occasions, discretion is the better part of valour.

It's like a boxer, being thumped, the instinct tells him to keep standing or leaning on the ropes, It needs the towel thrown in from his corner to help him 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

For his own good health wise, I reckon Glass needs to be replaced, he's a decent, honest guy, and probably, understandably, is trying to make what is likely this dream job work,

But in life we sometimes take on battles we can't win , no matter how we try to , and in those occasions, discretion is the better part of valour.

It's like a boxer, being thumped, the instinct tells him to keep standing or leaning on the ropes, It needs the towel thrown in from his corner to help him 

When you lose the dressing room you are totally fucked, he’s a good loun and I wish him well but time to go 

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Beautiful words 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Fuck sake just noticed we have the huns away next midweek too. No way he's surviving the next three if we lose them.

This could be the only saving grace for him

Would cormack want to bring someone else in with this run of games we have?

The new guy would surely be better coming in with a chance of making a good start

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This could be the only saving grace for him

Would cormack want to bring someone else in with this run of games we have?

The new guy would surely be better coming in with a chance of making a good start

The November fixtures aren't a great deal more appealing than the next 3

Motherwell at home, who have turned us over a few times at Pittodrie in recent years

Then the international break kicks in

And then it's 2 away fixtures.......first against a resurgent Dundee United who seem to have a rookie manager that does have a bit of a clue what he's doing and then away to Celtic.

I get what you are saying about a new boss getting off to (hopefully) a good start but in practice he's not going to work miracles overnight with this completely unbalanced squad. He'll have to experiment a bit with his line ups initially as no one (not least Glass) knows what our best 11 is 3 months into the season. Hibs/sevco/Hearts are pretty much written off as it stands so a new boss could do his experimentation in those with no expectation of taking anything.....if he manages to get a point or 2 from the Edinburgh sides it would be an absolute bonus but then he also might have a bit of a clue as to what makes up the majority of our best 11. 

However it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we take 3 points or less in total from the next 6 games. As I said yesterday, things might well get worse before they start to get better

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The November fixtures aren't a great deal more appealing than the next 3

Motherwell at home, who have turned us over a few times at Pittodrie in recent years

Then the international break kicks in

And then it's 2 away fixtures.......first against a resurgent Dundee United who seem to have a rookie manager that does have a bit of a clue what he's doing and then away to Celtic.

I get what you are saying about a new boss getting off to (hopefully) a good start but in practice he's not going to work miracles overnight with this completely unbalanced squad. He'll have to experiment a bit with his line ups initially as no one (not least Glass) knows what our best 11 is 3 months into the season. Hibs/sevco/Hearts are pretty much written off as it stands so a new boss could do his experimentation in those with no expectation of taking anything.....if he manages to get a point or 2 from the Edinburgh sides it would be an absolute bonus but then he also might have a bit of a clue as to what makes up the majority of our best 11. 

However it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we take 3 points or less in total from the next 6 games. As I said yesterday, things might well get worse before they start to get better

The squad is imbalanced and bloated, yes, but a good manager comes in, identifies his best 20 players and works with them

We have the players to finish 3rd, the manager is the problem 

I've always been firmly of the opinion that a manager can't really be judged until after 2 or 3 transfer windows.  As a minimum, that's absolutely fair IMO.  However, the big worry I have with Glass, is that he seems to have got this one spectacularly wrong! I've never seen such an unbalanced AFC squad.

So, so, many central midfielders.... central midfielders on good money, not even making the squad, central midfielders playing out of position wide, central midfielders playing out of position in defence.

Just seen the goals. Same long diagonal ball in to the space left by the 'attacking' fullback. It's so glaringly obvious, but glass just seems so set in this system, despite it clearly not working. 

im done. Wanted it to work. It isn't. We could be in real trouble soon, if this isn't addressed. 

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Just seen the goals. Same long diagonal ball in to the space left by the 'attacking' fullback. It's so glaringly obvious, but glass just seems so set in this system, despite it clearly not working. 

im done. Wanted it to work. It isn't. We could be in real trouble soon, if this isn't addressed. 

I see what you are saying, but I don't think it's a simple as that.  Leigh Griffiths was the lone striker yesterday - Surely Bates just takes a couple of steps, to cover Griffiths when he peels off into the pocket?  Instead he's switched off.  He's ball watching in no mans land.  It's basic stuff.  The players are not helping at the moment.  Bates and Gallagher have been absolutely shambolic.

16 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I see what you are saying, but I don't think it's a simple as that.  Leigh Griffiths was the lone striker yesterday - Surely Bates just takes a couple of steps, to cover Griffiths when he peels off into the pocket?  Instead he's switched off.  He's ball watching in no mans land.  It's basic stuff.  The players are not helping at the moment.  Bates and Gallagher have been absolutely shambolic.

It is basic, but it's aided by the tactics. I said the other week, I don't think players are playing for him. Whether it's they don't like him, or his tactics. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Haven’t seen it back but was the first goal not well offside?

As much as we’re shite defensively, not a lot can be done if a linesman is inept? 

41 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Or, if you are playing with fullbacks that high up the park then you need to go with three centre halves to track across and cover. 

We are utterly rudderless. Chopping and changing every week, No settled starting 11, Too many players well off the pace, Management team with pretty much zero big game managerial experience (Russell was coahing England but that was once every few months)

So much wrong just now and it's compounded by the man in charge unfortunately. I'd love for him to turn it around but i doubt he has it in his locker

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

It is basic, but it's aided by the tactics. I said the other week, I don't think players are playing for him. Whether it's they don't like him, or his tactics. 

I'm not sure that's the case though, our players were absolutely up for it and trying till the last whistle

Just everything they did was keech

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Haven’t seen it back but was the first goal not well offside?

As much as we’re shite defensively, not a lot can be done if a linesman is inept? 

Even the BBC seemed to be taking their coverage from the shite Dundee in house cameras. Conveniently they've never shown an angle to show conclusively that Griffiths was either on or offside. But from what they did show, I totally concur that he was offside.........and it didn't look a  particularly close call.

Bates is getting slaughtered for his part in it but the ball was played into the space where MacKenzie should have been. And if Griffiths had been on the right hand side the same situation would have occurred with Ramsay also caught miles up the park, only Gallagher would have been blamed instead with him being left to cover that half of the field

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Even the BBC seemed to be taking their coverage from the shite Dundee in house cameras. Conveniently they've never shown an angle to show conclusively that Griffiths was either on or offside. But from what they did show, I totally concur that he was offside.........and it didn't look a  particularly close call.

Bates is getting slaughtered for his part in it but the ball was played into the space where MacKenzie should have been. And if Griffiths had been on the right hand side the same situation would have occurred with Ramsay also caught miles up the park, only Gallagher would have been blamed instead with him being left to cover that half of the field

Was disappointed with Woods effort as well. Did it go under him?