Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Maybe something to do with too may gypes or gluepots involved in the decision making that brought them here?

I reserved judgement on Samuels* and Longstaff*, but even 5 minutes on the internet after they signed told me that Jenks and Gurr would be utterly useless fucks nowhere near fit for purpose.

Clear as day. And stated thus at the time.

*Also subsequently proven shite - or deployed shitely.

Brown & Ramirez are the only 2 decent signing, the rest are gutrot.

Gurr Jenks longstaff bates Gallagher jet...not shown me anything at all

Samuel's I think when fully fit looks a handful for defenders & can hopefully supply crosses to our 1 man in the box Ramirez. 

4 hours ago, super_al said:

All will take a few windows to address. If we take what the papers were saying as gospel, over the summer they tried to move several more players on e.g Ojo, but couldn't. Joe still has a few years left on his contract and would be hard to remove. The goalkeeper situation would have been considered a lower priority. The defence is missing big Andy.

If you believe that we needed those two extra midfielders and a failed right back brought in to sit on the bench then yeah let's go for a few more windows where we bring in some more bench sitters - Glass and Colgate talked a good game but when it comes to walking the walk they can't get out of their shared pram.

It doesn’t really matter who tell’s who things. What matters is results. The silence from the club is probably the correct action to not further enhance more pressure onto the already beleaguered Stephen Glass. 
The worrying perspective from the club though is the continuation of letting these results knock another nail into his managerial coffin. 
Maybe fairly decent coaches that Glass, Russell and Apaloo are but unfortunately they don’t have an ounce of skill or ability when the chips are down to be a strong management team that was sold to our club. 
It’s only a matter of time before they are removed but this vanity project could have absolute catastrophic consequences before a decision is made…..that shouldn’t be allowed or tolerated at Aberdeen.

We are averaging less than a point a game and in only three seasons have we ever got under a point a game. 1916/17, 1999/2000 and 2003/04, It's early days but it does indicate the trouble we're in.

We finished second bottom in 03/04 and there was no play off that season. We finished last in 2000 and avoided a play-off as Falkirk's ground didn't come up to scratch. We also finished last in 1917 and withdrew from the following season's competition but continued in the top division in the season after that.

I would be happy to avoid relegation by finishing out of the drop zone or for there to be league reconstruction. A World War might be too high a price.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It doesn’t really matter who tell’s who things. What matters is results. The silence from the club is probably the correct action to not further enhance more pressure onto the already beleaguered Stephen Glass. 

It's insane to think how blinkered, naive and/or stupid the people who run our club are. 

Glass is done and has clearly gone past the point of no return with a significant portion of our fans. He had his chance and he blew it. It's gone too far - he will not be accepted. 

This only ends one way, anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see this. 

Problem is that you even have guys like Willie Miller (who are supposed to care for the club) putting their allegiance to Glass ahead of what is best for the club. Disgraceful. 

• Upvote 4
9 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No mention of information coming from “a club insider?”

The Sun are just taking a stab, and although I think they are right, it’s not based on anything other than supposition 

Cormack seems to have plugged the leaks, that were regular in the latter days of McInnes, which maybe tells you where the leaks were emanating from.

McInnes? Docherty? Sheerin? Logan? Hoban? Taylor? Anderson? Leigh? Ross?

• Upvote 1

I've said before that there will be some kind of mutual agreement nonsense worked out behind the scenes to get Glass out of here eventually - either some type of job will pop up back at Atlanta that he will conveniently be offered, or he will hand in his resignation saying he wants to return to America where his family are (but will actually have been paid off behind the scenes). Sounds like it's going to be another few weeks before it happens though.

9 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've said before that tYeshere will be some kind of mutual agreement nonsense worked out behind the scenes to get Glass out of here eventually - either some type of job will pop up back at Atlanta that he will conveniently be offered, or he will hand in his resignation saying he wants to return to America where his family are (but will actually have been paid off behind the scenes). Sounds like it's going to be another few weeks before it happens though.

Yes, not until we are in relegation territory.

4 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

He should be dismissed this week. The club is way more important than Glass and Cormack's pals act.

Aye. 

There's a lesson there that Cormack should have known already. 

If you want to remain pals with folk then don't risk working with them if you don't have to. Especially in an industry like football where most managerial appointments end in tears one way or another. 

58 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Complete tripe.

Written by a weegie, for weegies.

"Broonie" this "broonie" that. Sacking McInnes "careful what you wish for".

Fucking gype!

"Aberdeen fans were told to be careful what they wish for" will be regularly spouted in the coming weeks by the usual suspects. 

Boyd next 

17 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Worst thing that can happen is we draw or beat Hibs and he buys more time. 

Worst thing that can happen is we lose to Hibs and he still has loads of time. 

I want us to win every week, it will be no different against Hibs. I can't see a way back for Glass now unless he wins the next three games on the bounce, or 2 wins and a draw.  And if he can somehow get those results then he deserves more time tbf. 

20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

"Aberdeen fans were told to be careful what they wish for" will be regularly spouted in the coming weeks by the usual suspects. 

Boyd next 

Boyd didn't say much when commentating on the celtic game. Which surprised me. 

The easy thing to do is to prove them wrong, by not losing 5 games on the trot/not winning in 10...

29 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Worst thing that can happen is we draw or beat Hibs and he buys more time. 

I always want us to win but it probably would buy him more time which is obviously a downside. I'm not certain it will happen but of the next 3 games, I suspect it's the one most likely that we will pick up a win from as they were dreadful against United and got booed off the park at both HT and FT.

Any cracks it might have papered over will surely be re-exposed a few days later at Ibrox however. Hearts showed if you defend properly and have a go at them in a controlled manner, they're no great shakes. But if Glass doesn't address our tendency for the full backs to bomb up the park in unison, they'll destroy us.  

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Boyd didn't say much when commentating on the celtic game. Which surprised me. 

The easy thing to do is to prove them wrong, by not losing 5 games on the trot/not winning in 10...

The "careful what you wish for shite" is ridiculous, weegie media, old pals pish.

We were in similar form when McInnes was sacked which will be conveniently ignored.

It's one of those, any positive result from now on is going to be enough justification for DC to keep him on. 18 points up for grabs in the next 6 against the top 6, what return is acceptable? For me it has to be something like 12 points to make this season in any way salvageable. 

The likelihood of that happening is slim to none, based on current form. Every day that passes with this experiment still on the go, is another day wasted to picking us up and getting us going again. 

I hope we win this Saturday, but should we not, all animosity should be directed to one man, and it isn't Glass. 

I hope we win every game, but it's a difficult dilemma at the moment. Would I rather we lose against Hibs and he gets sacked and we can begin to rebuild... or we beat Hibs which gives him another few games leeway to do more damage to our season. The problem is none of us can see him turning it around - there's no signs whatsoever that he's capable of doing it - a flukey win just prolongs the pain a little longer.