Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

8 minutes ago, super_al said:

I would love to know the stat of how many shots we have had against us vs goals conceded?

What difference would it make? 

If you give the opposition clear cut chances they'll stick it in the net.  The Dutch boy is a good finisher, do you expect him to miss those chances? 

Unlucky would be things like wild deflections. But we're giving them one on ones with our keeper, sometimes right in front of goal. 

And for all our superiority first half we didn't really test Kelly that much. 

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Glass is definitely getting the full season so we will just need to see if he can be ruthless getting rid of players in January and bringing in far better replacements.

The pressure is on.

Yeah, the problem is most of the worst players are those that he's brought in himself or awarded contract extensions to. He should certainly send all the loanees home as they're contributing nothing. There's easily half a dozen others we could get rid of without noticing - Devlin, McGinn, McLennan, Kennedy, Gurr, JET etc - problem is we'll likely end up not being able to get rid of them, and losing the likes of Ramsay, Ferguson and Hedges who will be more of a loss. So far, of the players he's actually signed, only Brown and Ramirez have been any good - not a great hit rate! Hopefully Melton Mowbray will have a few players identified that can sort us out in January. 

Far too many soft cunts about nowadays. Especially at our club. Gold star/sympathy just for participating.

Glass is getting far too much excuses for being shite & having a complete shambles of a transfer window. Brown & Ramirez his only saving grace out of what? Ten signings? 

Fkn brutal.

make all the excuses you want but he is the one that is 100% to blame here & deserves zero excuses by blaming the players he has signed. They’re SHITE

sorry, I’ll credit him for Watkins also. Thanks McInnes for helping Glass with him ?

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

You said incapable. Hibs had fuck all against an organised defence. 

Hibs and Hearts had a combined total of 2 shots on target against us. 

We've actually been playing well this season. It's the individual errors that are costing us. 

It only takes a couple of wins and we can catch the teams above us. Utd and Hearts will drop points.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yes, that’s fair, you can cite Hibs… how many more can you cite?

Safe to say I’d out number you about 4 or 5 to 1. 

How did you determine if its Glass' incapability,or poor decision making from a make shift defence?.Lets assume for arguments sake were stuck with what weve got til Jan,how many games have the current line up had to work together.How long is reasonable for them to get their act together? Tell us what you'd do to improve with what weve got to work with

7 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

How did you determine if its Glass' incapability,or poor decision making from a make shift defence?.Lets assume for arguments sake were stuck with what weve got til Jan,how many games have the current line up had to work together.How long is reasonable for them to get their act together? Tell us what you'd do to improve with what weve got to work with

We were a disorganised shambles with a full strength defence. 

19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We were a disorganised shambles with a full strength defence. 

Full strength?, well that’s bollocks, considine our most trusted central defender missing and our only 2 shining lights left and right back injured,a think our defence is simply awful but certainly not full strength. 
@Laichomoray it’s glass job to get the best out his team not us?, was glass that brought in bates and Gallagher!, utter shite the two have been.a full round of fixtures has been played, 1/3 of a season, does this coaching, team and results stack up to someone doing well?, mind folk wanted McInnes gone (no wonder)and he was top half.every year,  because of the product on the pitch, aye watching our defence run about clueless is smashing ain’t it?.how many clean sheets has glass managed?,

guys a shit manager without the experience needed to take us further, top 100 club my arse

If you had a full strength squad it would still be a disaster, what individual specific roles does Glass tell his defence to  carry out. Every time a goal is lost the players blame each other this shows disorganisation from the top.
Neal Cooper knew exactly what he had to do in Fergies set up and if he made a mistake he expected a rocket.. Same with McInnes players knew there role and mostly followed instructions. This defence hasn’t a clue what it’s doing, badly coached uninspiring management and on field confusion.

• Upvote 3
22 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

If you had a full strength squad it would still be a disaster, what individual specific roles does Glass tell his defence to  carry out. Every time a goal is lost the players blame each other this shows disorganisation from the top.
Neal Cooper knew exactly what he had to do in Fergies set up and if he made a mistake he expected a rocket.. Same with McInnes players knew there role and mostly followed instructions. This defence hasn’t a clue what it’s doing, badly coached uninspiring management and on field confusion.

Spot on

58 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Full strength?, well that’s bollocks, considine our most trusted central defender missing and our only 2 shining lights left and right back injured,a think our defence is simply awful but certainly not full strength. 
@Laichomoray it’s glass job to get the best out his team not us?, was glass that brought in bates and Gallagher!, utter shite the two have been.a full round of fixtures has been played, 1/3 of a season, does this coaching, team and results stack up to someone doing well?, mind folk wanted McInnes gone (no wonder)and he was top half.every year,  because of the product on the pitch, aye watching our defence run about clueless is smashing ain’t it?.how many clean sheets has glass managed?,

guys a shit manager without the experience needed to take us further, top 100 club my arse

See before you type all that crap, try reading my post.

We WERE a shambles with a full strength defence… past tense. As in, earlier in the season.

• Upvote 1

I have completed written off this season. Glass is supposedly learning as Aberdeen manager and the players are learning to adjust to how Glass wants them to play. We are going to just try and make the top six this season, Cormack has taken the pressure right off Glass as he knew he was being swallowed up. When we get to the January transfer window a few reinforcements will be brought in and a few punted out. McGinn, JET and Hayes will free up a few dollars so we can delve into the American market again. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them head to Atlanta in a swap deal. 

1 hour ago, winchester83 said:

Can’t help but agree with all of this. As shite as some of our defenders are, I’m seriously questioning how much of that is down to Glass making his team look awful. I had my hands over my eyes well before both goals went in. You could see gaping holes in our defence well in advance. Defenders looking at each other clueless after each goal. Glass will say momentary lapse of concentration. Bollox - I say no idea what they’re supposed to do in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Can’t help but agree with all of this. As shite as some of our defenders are, I’m seriously questioning how much of that is down to Glass making his team look awful. I had my hands over my eyes well before both goals went in. You could see gaping holes in our defence well in advance. Defenders looking at each other clueless after each goal. Glass will say momentary lapse of concentration. Bollox - I say no idea what they’re supposed to do in the first place.

How the feck can you blame the manager for individual errors ie a goal keeper who can’t make a decision or a save at fir park two shoots two goals the same today ,he shoots and he scores especially against AFC never a truer word spoken .

18 minutes ago, BIG FAN said:

How the feck can you blame the manager for individual errors ie a goal keeper who can’t make a decision or a save at fir park two shoots two goals the same today ,he shoots and he scores especially against AFC never a truer word spoken .

Who do you think sets the team up? Who coaches them within the structure of his preferred way of playing? Who signed them in the first place, or has re-educated them to be defenders?