Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Can’t help but agree with all of this. As shite as some of our defenders are, I’m seriously questioning how much of that is down to Glass making his team look awful. I had my hands over my eyes well before both goals went in. You could see gaping holes in our defence well in advance. Defenders looking at each other clueless after each goal. Glass will say momentary lapse of concentration. Bollox - I say no idea what they’re supposed to do in the first place.

How the feck can you blame the manager for individual errors ie a goal keeper who can’t make a decision or a save at fir park two shoots two goals the same today ,he shoots and he scores especially against AFC never a truer word spoken .

18 minutes ago, BIG FAN said:

How the feck can you blame the manager for individual errors ie a goal keeper who can’t make a decision or a save at fir park two shoots two goals the same today ,he shoots and he scores especially against AFC never a truer word spoken .

Who do you think sets the team up? Who coaches them within the structure of his preferred way of playing? Who signed them in the first place, or has re-educated them to be defenders?

Why don't we have a defending coach?*

Surely such a thing exists?

It's patently obvious that any coaching the defenders are getting is from some cunt who doesn't know what they are doing.

The disorganisation at the back is too ubiquitous in games this season for any other explanation?

*please do not say we actually have one

5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Why don't we have a defending coach?*

Surely such a thing exists?

It's patently obvious that any coaching the defenders are getting is from some cunt who doesn't know what they are doing.

The disorganisation at the back is too ubiquitous in games this season for any other explanation?

*please do not say we actually have one

It's just 30 individual errors that's caused us to lose that number of goals in only 20 games so far. 

Nothing else to see here. 

2 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Bottom line is if you cant defend you will achieve nothing. 2 clean sheets in 23 tells its own story.

Defend and put the ball in the oppositions net.        Aberdeen can’t afford to wait a year before Stevie boy gets his team and shit together MR CORMACK. You are looking at a relegation battle.    Get the cheque book out in January and a manager that can spot talent, to spend the money on. 

41 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Defend and put the ball in the oppositions net.        Aberdeen can’t afford to wait a year before Stevie boy gets his team and shit together MR CORMACK. You are looking at a relegation battle.    Get the cheque book out in January and a manager that can spot talent, to spend the money on. 

The prawcess wont be up to much if these things are not sorted out.

Let's face it DC has employed a mate / puppet (delete as appropriate), who, whether we like it or not, is serving his managerial apprenticeship in the Premiership.

Positive results in the Hibs, Huns and Hearts matches really, really surprised me.

However another couple of negative results against United and Tims will return us to the question posed via this thread.

I, personally, wanted SG punted post Dundee loss. If we go into another winless run pre- January window, he has to go before then.

Sorry but he ain't cutting it for me, particularly defensively, which should be the foundation of any good manager / team.

13 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Let's face it DC has employed a mate / puppet (delete as appropriate), who, whether we like it or not, is serving his managerial apprenticeship in the Premiership.

Positive results in the Hibs, Huns and Hearts matches really, really surprised me.

However another couple of negative results against United and Tims will return us to the question posed via this thread.

I, personally, wanted SG punted post Dundee loss. If we go into another winless run pre- January window, he has to go before then.

Sorry but he ain't cutting it for me, particularly defensively, which should be the foundation of any good manager / team.

The problem is even if we bin Glass, your not going to like the alternatives as it will be another emerging talent.

3 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I see Norwich sacked their manager after he WON!

We should have sacked Glass despite the Hibs result and we should have sacked him despite him winning the "Dave Cormack Last Week of October trophy" and the "statistically the best manager of the month award".

Ach, that's nothing... we sacked a manager after he qualified for Europe ?

21 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It's going to be this way until end of season before DC does his prawcess assessment.

Win games. Lose games. Trundle until end of season.

Better get used to it. No words will change it.

Sounds about right. 

We'll surely pick up more than enough points to avoid any prospect of relegation, but much more of this shite and we'll be finishing circa Craigy Broon territory once again. 

41 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It's going to be this way until end of season before DC does his prawcess assessment.

Win games. Lose games. Trundle until end of season.

Better get used to it. No words will change it.

Unfortunately you are most probably correct.

However will be interesting to measure the mood of the majority of fans once we are into February / March, out of the Scottish Cup and languishing in 9th or 10th position in the league.

DM had most definitely went stale but none of us imagined that we would have regressed yet further still.

Nothing wrong with going two steps back to go three steps forward but we're going so far backwards, particularly defensively as I say, that finding forwards again with this regime is going to be difficult.

Seriously I would punt Glass, install Brown as player/ manager, and bring in an experienced, older coach as his assistant. 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's just 30 individual errors that's caused us to lose that number of goals in only 20 games so far. 

Nothing else to see here. 

I love that line from managers after defeats,'individual errors'.It is just these 'fine margins' that is stopping us being a top side is another favourite.

22 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Sat back too much in the second half against the rangers

Don't think we could've got out if we tried! 

Glassy isn't the man. Saturday proved it again, he deserved his chance, made a good fist of it for a week, but the goals/general play on Saturday is exactly what we've been seeing all season long. 

No penetration in the build up, our best chances being set pieces. Basic defending not being done, giving up huge chances and allowing other teams to sit in. 

It's poor. The signings have been poor, they haven't addressed problems we had in the squad to start with, namely, lack of a creative presence in midfield and a competent centre half. 

Tactically he was scunnered Saturday, Motherwell do what they always do, come and sit in, try counter, and it worked. 

No plan  B from Glass, the defence is honestly an abomination. 

Sooner we realise this, we can wash our hands of the project and try crack on as normal. 

35 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Don't think we could've got out if we tried! 

Glassy isn't the man. Saturday proved it again, he deserved his chance, made a good fist of it for a week, but the goals/general play on Saturday is exactly what we've been seeing all season long. 

No penetration in the build up, our best chances being set pieces. Basic defending not being done, giving up huge chances and allowing other teams to sit in. 

It's poor. The signings have been poor, they haven't addressed problems we had in the squad to start with, namely, lack of a creative presence in midfield and a competent centre half. 

Tactically he was scunnered Saturday, Motherwell do what they always do, come and sit in, try counter, and it worked. 

No plan  B from Glass, the defence is honestly an abomination. 

Sooner we realise this, we can wash our hands of the project and try crack on as normal. 

Can't argue with any of that, consi. 

i think he's had 9 wins with us. 9. That's garbage. He's been here long enough now to try to get his 'message' across. 

3 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Can't argue with any of that, consi. 

i think he's had 9 wins with us. 9. That's garbage. He's been here long enough now to try to get his 'message' across. 

9, 2 of which were against a part time Icelandic outfit that we made really tough work of. 

Glass has had a 50%+ loss rate in all his managerial roles to date.

On that basis I will estimate that current performances will "earn" us 10 wins, 9 draws and 19 defeats over a 38 match season. That's 39 points, which Ross County achieved last season in 10th place which was 3 points above Kilmarnock in the, ultimate, relegated play off place.

In summary, if DC retains Glass for the season, we will be in a relegation fight from the turn of the year onwards.

With our current defence don't fancy our chances.

Hope I am totally wrong but, barring the 7 points week, the above scenario becomes more real with each passing week.

I suspect things will be equally as horrific after the next two away games at United and Tims...