292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

When were all 5 fit at the same time?

Presuming they will ALL be fit at the same time is unusual in any football side - the fact that we defend like the keystone cops regardless of who is chosen is the problem - our defending this season has been atrocious regardless of who is there. I'm all for attractive football but I'd rather we were playing it rather than facilitating it for the opposition

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

When were all 5 fit at the same time?

Start of the season, still shipped goals. 

2 clean sheets in however many games, with the money spent on that position, is brutal.

Defence is by far the biggest problem. 

3 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Presuming they will ALL be fit at the same time is unusual in any football side - the fact that we defend like the keystone cops regardless of who is chosen is the problem - our defending this season has been atrocious regardless of who is there. I'm all for attractive football but I'd rather we were playing it rather than facilitating it for the opposition

The defensive mistakes aren't to do with the style of football, IMO. It's straightforward stuff, stopping crosses, marking men in the box, making sure you're not overloaded at the back post, trying to block shots on the edge of the area, judging the flight of balls in the air. 

Besides maybe Celtics second goal, and a couple Qarabag ones, I can't think of goals where the opposition have split us open. It's normally stupid, individual errors that half decent sides can pick up on.  

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Start of the season, still shipped goals. 

2 clean sheets in however many games, with the money spent on that position, is brutal.

Defence is by far the biggest problem. 

All 5 were not fit.

The defence is by far the biggest problem...... as we have 5 defenders injured.

Talk or relegation is mental. Its nae happening. 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The defensive mistakes aren't to do with the style of football, IMO. It's straightforward stuff, stopping crosses, marking men in the box, making sure you're not overloaded at the back post, trying to block shots on the edge of the area, judging the flight of balls in the air. 

Besides maybe Celtics second goal, and a couple Qarabag ones, I can't think of goals where the opposition have split us open. It's normally stupid, individual errors that half decent sides can pick up on.  

Yes our defence is making basic repeated mistakes across the board - just who is coaching them - why is this happening - I agree our style is better but our defence is awful and I'd have thought that we are past the point of saying that individual errors are costing us when the same thing continues again and again unless that individual is the one coaching the defence - I'm afraid the buck has to stop somewhere. 

27 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

The list of excuses for Glass is fluid and inexhaustible 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Chances of having all 5 defenders fit and available at the same time for more than a couple of games at a time are pretty slim. 

True. But having so many injuries to defenders all season obviously has an impact.

3 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Who are they and have they shown we're any good at defending with them?

You don't know who the injured defenders are? 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Chances of having all 5 defenders fit and available at the same time for more than a couple of games at a time are pretty slim. 

Exactly. 

You're never going to have full compliment available. Just the way it is. 

7 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Yes our defence is making basic repeated mistakes across the board - just who is coaching them - why is this happening - I agree our style is better but our defence is awful and I'd have thought that we are past the point of saying that individual errors are costing us when the same thing continues again and again unless that individual is the one coaching the defence - I'm afraid the buck has to stop somewhere

Agreed. Which is why I'm saying we need a fresh start.

The problem hasn't been the defenders who have been unavailable, it's been the ones who have been playing. Whoever they have been on any given week, they've not been very good at defending it seems. We need to practice defending cross balls and diagonal balls - spend the next two weeks practicing it and if they still can't do it, release the lot of them.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

The problem hasn't been the defenders who have been unavailable, it's been the ones who have been playing. Whoever they have been on any given week, they've not been very good at defending it seems. We need to practice defending cross balls and diagonal balls - spend the next two weeks practicing it and if they still can't do it, release the lot of them.

aYe, reLEez RAmsY.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Haha! Never have 5 defenders fit? Wise up. Never?!?!

We'd never play the same back 4 two games in a row and 1 defender on the bench?

I meant full complement in any position. 

The reason we're shipping goals is the same reason we were shipping goals when they were all fit, they can't fucking defend. 

22 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

All 5 were not fit.

The defence is by far the biggest problem...... as we have 5 defenders injured.

Talk or relegation is mental. Its nae happening. 

The team of '95 would have wiped the floor against the current side. Yet they were very, very close to taking the drop.

Right now  we are comfortably above the relegation spot but only because Coonty had a horrific start to the season, and Dundee not a lot better. But both of them have shown signs of picking up in the past few weeks.......sure they both got horsed off the arse cheeks yesterday but they did both put 2 past both them.

Right now we struggle to score and struggle even more to keep a clean sheet. Away games against United and Celtic are coming up. It would take a very optimistic man to think we will get much more than a point from those matches and even that might be stretching things.

Gallacher, Ramsay and MacKenzie might just about be fit by the time they come around. But then again all 3 of those were playing regularly when we were getting beaten week after week.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Away games against United and Celtic are coming up. It would take a very optimistic man to think we will get mich more than a point from those matches and even that might be stretching things.

Tims away I expect will be a defeat, but I expect this squad to at least match Utd. It depends which dons turn up - which will once again ndicate whether the coaching team are sorting out the obvious failures and whether they're ultimately up to the job

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The team of '95 would have wiped the floor against the current side. Yet they were very, very close to taking the drop.

Right now  we are comfortably above the relegation spot but only because Coonty had a horrific start to the season, and Dundee not a lot better. But both of them have shown signs of picking up in the past few weeks.......sure they both got horsed off the arse cheeks yesterday but they did both put 2 past both them.

Right now we struggle to score and struggle even more to keep a clean sheet. Away games against United and Celtic are coming up. It would take a very optimistic man to think we will get much more than a point from those matches and even that might be stretching things.

Gallacher, Ramsay and MacKenzie might just about be fit by the time they come around. But then again all 3 of those were playing regularly when we were getting beaten week after week.

You cant compare what happened 27 years ago.

"County and Dundee have shown signs of picking up in the past few weeks". Aye signs like beating hearts, hibs and drawing at ibrox?

Abody needs to chill. I'm not saying Glass is the answer but the "we're getting relegated if Glass stays" talk is madness. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Here he goes again with this tripe. Not a fucking chance we're getting relegated min. 

We've a problem at the back just now, likely because we've 5 defenders oot. Calm the fuck doon. 

Not tripe min.

Good teams should be based upon a solid defence first and foremost.

Our defence has been shite all season.

Wouldn't trust Glass to resolve regardless of oot defenders returning from injury or not.

If we lose the next two away games, entirely possible, we'll have 15 points from 15 games.

In ANYONE'S book that is relegation form!!!!

I’m happy enough to give him the next few months right now. Might change if we have a disaster the next few games but the last set of games was encouraging enough for me. 

We didn’t deserve to lose on Saturday. First half I thought we played really well but second half was poor. 

In the Hibs, Hearts and Huns game I seen enough to be encouraged. Second half against Hearts was the best I’ve seen us in years, was outstanding fitba, we were unlucky to not give them 5. 

We will have some shitty results along with some great ones this season I think but I’ve definitely see something with Glass. 

2 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Glass has had a 50%+ loss rate in all his managerial roles to date.

On that basis I will estimate that current performances will "earn" us 10 wins, 9 draws and 19 defeats over a 38 match season. That's 39 points, which Ross County achieved last season in 10th place which was 3 points above Kilmarnock in the, ultimate, relegated play off place.

In summary, if DC retains Glass for the season, we will be in a relegation fight from the turn of the year onwards.

With our current defence don't fancy our chances.

Hope I am totally wrong but, barring the 7 points week, the above scenario becomes more real with each passing week.

I suspect things will be equally as horrific after the next two away games at United and Tims...

United are shite min we'll win there.  Don't fancy our chances at Parkhead but Livingston managed a point so you never know.  Glass should and will get the January window to sort the defence with Bates needing replaced asap

59 minutes ago, NEM said:

United are shite min we'll win there.  Don't fancy our chances at Parkhead but Livingston managed a point so you never know.  Glass should and will get the January window to sort the defence with Bates needing replaced asap

It was Glass that brought Bates in. Along with assorted other shite like JET, Gurr and even the loans who are all here for the season. I can't see Cormack being too keen on allowing him to bring in more players on January without shifting a couple out at least....but who would want our dross? And anyway if Glass thought Bates and Gurr were good enough, fuck knows what other shite he might deem good enough......we could end up with even more shite on our hands  with long contracts on big money (in Scottish terms). I  just don't trust him with the defence

Now after the 2 away games to United and Timothy, December is relatively benign for the most part, up to facing sevco on the 29th. But if he doesn't get anything from United and Celtic, he's then on a 3 game losing streak and he then faces 2 home matches against Livi and St Mirren where for me nothing less than 6 points is essential. For me, that would be the point at which we should pull the trigger.

Unless things completely fall off a cliff he'll get the January window and a run at the Scottish Cup for sure. 

Need to get the recruitment decisions right in January though as there's no doubt we've made a complete cunt of the summer window. 

Of the 3 extended and the 10 brought in there's hardly any of them starting in the first team now. 

Woods messed up his chance and is back on the bench. McGinn is barely fit for a cameo. Devlin still injured. 

Gurr, Jenks, Jet, Longstaff and Samuels seem to have fallen completely out of the picture. Gallagher in and out and Bates having a stinker. 

Which leaves 3 out of 13 that you'd describe as being successful so far. Brown, Ramirez and Watkins. 

It's a poor hit rate by any standards. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

It was Glass that brought Bates in. Along with assorted other shite like JET, Gurr and even the loans who are all here for the season. I can't see Cormack being too keen on allowing him to bring in more players on January without shifting a couple out at least....but who would want our dross? And anyway if Glass thought Bates and Gurr were good enough, fuck knows what other shite he might deem good enough......we could end up with even more shite on our hands  with long contracts on big money (in Scottish terms). I  just don't trust him with the defence

Now after the 2 away games to United and Timothy, December is relatively benign for the most part, up to facing sevco on the 29th. But if he doesn't get anything from United and Celtic, he's then on a 3 game losing streak and he then faces 2 home matches against Livi and St Mirren where for me nothing less than 6 points is essential. For me, that would be the point at which we should pull the trigger.

Yes and McInnes brought in shite like Zola and Wylde in his first season and was allowed to rectify those mistakes. No manager gets it right with every player. There’s no doubt glass needs to improve in the transfer market though with only 3 success stories of the ten or so players signed in the summer. 

Hopefully the head of recruitment is going to have a positive influence in January else if question why he’s at the club drawing a wage.

Agree if we lose the next four then he needs bulleted but I think that’s highly unlikely. Reasonably confident of picking up 7 points from that run of games 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Not tripe min.

Good teams should be based upon a solid defence first and foremost.

Our defence has been shite all season.

Wouldn't trust Glass to resolve regardless of oot defenders returning from injury or not.

If we lose the next two away games, entirely possible, we'll have 15 points from 15 games.

In ANYONE'S book that is relegation form!!!!

Your "If Glass stays we're as good as relegated" is utter tripe!

We're 125/1 to finish bottom and 33/1 to be in bottom 2.

We're 7/1 to finish top 3 and 2/5 to finish top 6.

Thats after a dodgy start with a makeshift back 4.

Change the sheets and calm the fuck doon min.

• Upvote 1