Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Your "If Glass stays we're as good as relegated" is utter tripe!

We're 125/1 to finish bottom and 33/1 to be in bottom 2.

We're 7/1 to finish top 3 and 2/5 to finish top 6.

Thats after a dodgy start with a makeshift back 4.

Change the sheets and calm the fuck doon min.

We'll finish bottom six which, with 3rd highest budget, would be a disgrace.

We'll see how you are viewing things as the season progresses.

I really hope you are right but strongly suspect you are not.

Will never take to DC after the warped prawcess of hiring his mate in the first place.

Not Glass's fault but appointment could potentially put us back years.

As someone else has already said 3/10 signings can be considered successful to date. Why should we be positive about the club signing well during January?

To be continued considering our opinions are polar opposites. One of us will ultimately be right. If you are I will happily admit I was wrong. Will you do likewise if we finish bottom six in a relegation struggle?

9 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Will never take to DC after the warped prawcess of hiring his mate in the first place.

As someone else has already said 3/10 signings can be considered successful to date. Why should we be positive about the club signing well during January?

To be continued considering our opinions are polar opposites. One of us will ultimately be right. If you are I will happily admit I was wrong. Will you do likewise if we finish bottom six in a relegation struggle?

You are aware that the majority of other teams are absolutely hopeless too. When all is said and done we will be somewhere between 3rd and 6th. Absolute no chance we finish bottom half as the other teams are just too bad to allow it. Up until this weekend we were back within touching distance of third again having not won in 10 a few weeks previous. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Talk of relegation is setting the bar so low that mid-table is being viewed a success and building towards something. 

Last season we were 3rd till our total collapse, guaranteed 4th, and everyone was complaining every week.

Can’t imagine anyone is happy with mid table? Third is bare minimum. 

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

It is annoying because neither Celtic or Sevco are anything special this season (especially if Gerrard leaves for Villa as some are suggesting). It was a chance to push the boat out a bit and aim a bit higher than the standard 3rd or 4th - but we've stuffed it up again. Similar to the Ronny Deila season a few years back. As others have said, most teams are equally garbage. It's actually really difficult predicting results - I'm tempted to go for a draw in most games as there's not that much between the teams. Also hard to predict where we'll end up - the performances and results in the previous 3 games gave me a little optimism that things might be turning, but it was back to the same story against Motherwell, so I've no idea right now - guess we'll have a better idea in a month's time whether those 3 games were a bit of a fluke or not.

21 minutes ago, slippers said:

Is 100% correct.

4th to 6th would still be poor.

Bottom six would be a damning reflection of DC's prawcess.

There is still a sizable amount of folk think that we will be less shite than other teams and comfortably finish mid table.

When the majority of us wanted stale DM out we were hoping that the club would be aiming upwards not downwards!!!!

42 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Thats a 6/1 shot.

Chill. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

Not happy with it. Willing to bare it for a season with the caveat of teething problems 

I'd be amazed if he can take us to the top 6 now. 

42 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I could never be so sure and that confident.

It's going to be the most up and down season we have had for years.

Enjoy it haha.

I don’t think we will get 3rd or a cup win but agreed. I think we will get top 6, have some great results and performances and have a few shockers too. 

People bored of McInnes have got what is to be expected. It wasn’t going to change to brilliant overnight.

51 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t think we will get 3rd or a cup win but agreed. I think we will get top 6, have some great results and performances and have a few shockers too. 

People bored of McInnes have got what is to be expected. It wasn’t going to change to brilliant overnight.

To be honest, with the squad of players he's got and the budget he's got, and given how poor most of the other teams in the league are - it would take some effort NOT to make top 6. I mean we've been absolutely shambolic so far this season and we're joint 6th as it stands.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

To be honest, with the squad of players he's got and the budget he's got, and given how poor most of the other teams in the league are - it would take some effort NOT to make top 6. I mean we've been absolutely shambolic so far this season and we're joint 6th as it stands.

Very true. We have been atrocious and probably will still make the top six. 
Glass will need to strengthen the team big time in the summer. First thing should be the cull of Joe Lewis and Gary Woods. We need goalkeepers who are hard to beat…any radge shoots at our goal gets the ball in the back of the net. Not a good sign.

• Like 1

The days of joe harts are over. A keeper now is a sweeper who occasionally has to make a save or two during a game. That's why teams have sussed out man utd, coz they know that de gea is a bombscare with the ball at his feet, but when it comes to actual saving utd from multiple thrashing, he's definitely up there protecting the likes of maguire et al.

10 hours ago, Fridge said:

The Huns seem to think Glass is going and we’re taking in Neil Lennon. I have no fucking idea the rationale behind this.

Probably Stupid north east Hun fucks sitting in their tea shacks in their rigs in Uzbekistan, panicking about their wives getting ploughed back home whilst they sit there all alone 

40 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Probably Stupid north east Hun fucks sitting in their tea shacks in their rigs in Uzbekistan, panicking about their wives getting ploughed back home whilst they sit there all alone 

I can understand why they'd be concerned...... but why would Lennon be considered any better at preventing the GWT strutting his stuff than Glass?