Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The evidence points to that being the case.

For someone else to win it, either there would have to be a serious alteration in the rules to restrict their financial advantage (extremely unlikely)........or a club up here manages to attract a seriously wealthy new owner who lobs in massive wedges of cash (and the SFA don't suddenly decide to then change the rules because of it to protect the interests of their favoured duo).......or the arse cheeks fuck off to a new league elsewhere (without having the rules altered to suddenly allow their colts sides to progress through the league system)

Away you go, burley was capable of doing it till he imploded 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, but I'd easily wager the negativie posts far outweigh the positive supportive ones

What is it you disagree with in the post, that its possible for us to get back to competing for European places? That we should see where we are at come the end of December?

We have already fucked this season.

Their performances in the league and cups so far are sackable offences.

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Get him to fuck now, it's absolutely scandalous he appears to be under no pressure. 

Lost all love for the club thanks to Cormack and Glass, a pair of bellends. One out of his depth, the other full of his own self importance. 

Club is a complete joke to me the longer we persist with this amateur level management. Cannot take him/the club seriously anymore.

Guess he’ll be grown a few more pathetic excuses by some though again. 

we only lost 2-1 to Celtic after all. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Get him to fuck now, it's absolutely scandalous he appears to be under no pressure. 

Lost all love for the club thanks to Cormack and Glass, a pair of bellends. One out of his depth, the other full of his own self importance. 

He’ll get the next two games for sure

But it’s 3 defeats on the bounce. 8 defeats from the last 11 league games. Only 4 league victories all season. 2 wins in the last 16 games in all competitions 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He’ll get the next two games for sure

But it’s 3 defeats on the bounce. 8 defeats from the last 11 league games. Only 4 league victories all season. 2 wins in the last 16 games in all competitions 

Managed a clean sheet one time though didn’t we?

Not all bad

I'd argue this is potentially the worst managerial appointment the club has ever made. McGhee and Paterson being the main challengers to that trophy.

Taking into account the candidates we could have attracted/appointed (we were the 3rd most attractive proposition in Scotland for any potential manager back in April) and the foundations of the squad McInnes left behind, its comical just how far we've fallen. Why hire an unproven manager at this level (or any level for that matter) to take over a club like Aberdeen. 

The renewal of certain players contracts in the summer at a time when we could have offloaded some deadwood and the overall absolutely horrific recruitment have seen us fall into relegation candidates, all in the space of a few months.

I can't see things improving at all until Glass and his staff are removed. I don't disagree that McInnes time was up but at the very least we'd be top 6 right now if he were in charge.

I've no hate towards Glass whatsoever. Great player. Poor manager.

• Upvote 2

Our games played tally has been rising at a faster rate than our points tally for most of seasonsince the Utd & Livi win.

Considering you get 3 points for a win that is pretty damn embarrassing.

Wonder which will hit 38 first. That isn’t even a joke. It is now a genuine concern . Can this side amass 18 points from remaining 18 games. Will that be enough to a valid relegation dog fight?

Shambolic manager. Utter Embarrassment of an appointment. To try & justify it just makes it more embarrassing & to have any kind of hope/faith that he can somehow turn into a competent manager all of a sudden let alone a very good one is even more embarrassing again.

Utterly blinkered faithful happy clapping not to see that there is ZERO hope that Glass can become a good manager. He is to football management what Gurr is to football. Spent too much time in America & lapped up soccer mum type praises & judgements of the game.

11 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'd argue this is potentially the worst managerial appointment the club has ever made. McGhee and Paterson being the main challengers to that trophy.

Taking into account the candidates we could have attracted/appointed (we were the 3rd most attractive proposition in Scotland for any potential manager back in April) and the foundations of the squad McInnes left behind, its comical just how far we've fallen. Why hire an unproven manager at this level (or any level for that matter) to take over a club like Aberdeen. 

The renewal of certain players contracts in the summer at a time when we could have offloaded some deadwood and the overall absolutely horrific recruitment have seen us fall into relegation candidates, all in the space of a few months.

I can't see things improving at all until Glass and his staff are removed. I don't disagree that McInnes time was up but at the very least we'd be top 6 right now if he were in charge.

I've no hate towards Glass whatsoever. Great player. Poor manager.

100% this.

However beware of criticism via a happy clapper or two ?.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Shambolic manager. Utter Embarrassment of an appointment. To try & justify it just makes it more embarrassing & to have any kind of hope/faith that he can somehow turn into a competent manager all of a sudden let alone a very good one is even more embarrassing again.

Utterly blinkered faithful happy clapping not to see that there is ZERO hope that Glass can become a good manager. He is to football management what Gurr is to football. Spent too much time in America & lapped up soccer mum type praises & judgements of the game.

We're definitely in a dogfight now. At least temporarily. 

Even if we fix our tactical issues you just can't see us being able to outfight the other teams down there which makes it concerning. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

We're definitely in a dogfight now. At least temporarily. 

Even if we fix our tactical issues you just can't see us being able to outfight the other teams down there which makes it concerning. 

I hate to say it but I would prefer we lost next couple of games (if it was enough to guarantee getting rid of Glass then) than win them & buy him more time (false hope for something that will never really improve) & give him another crack at making a complete cunt of another transfer window/budget.

Need a new manager in in time to make a decent assessment of squad FOR/prior to the January window & not during window

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

We need 6 points by next Saturday or else he needs to go. He can take half the squad with him also.

6 points by next Saturday just gives more false hope again.

He needs to go regardless of results. He is utterly shite & we need to accept this. It has been a fkd up appointment & we need to admit it rather than continue this shambles in denial 

2 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

100% this.

However beware of criticism via a happy clapper or two ?.

Cormack won't sack him.

Glass has an opportunity to turn things around starting Wednesday.

We have a decent run fixtures up until January where we SHOULD gain ground on 3rd spot however I just can't see it happening under Glass.

I really hope to be proven wrong by Glass and his troops.

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

6 points by next Saturday just gives more false hope again.

He needs to go regardless of results. He is utterly shite & we need to accept this. It has been a fkd up appointment & we need to admit it rather than continue this shambles in denial 

Don’t necessarily disagree with you in that it might prolong the inevitable.

This next batch of games is going to be pivotal for our season and if things carry on the way they have been we could be going into the winter break in a relegation battle.  

8 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Cormack won't sack him.

Glass has an opportunity to turn things around starting Wednesday.

We have a decent run fixtures up until January where we SHOULD gain ground on 3rd spot however I just can't see it happening under Glass.

I really hope to be proven wrong by Glass and his troops.

Gaining ground on 3rd spot? Like 3rd is even an achievable target under Glass? ?

Not laughing at you really but just think it incredible that anyone can genuinely think we have any real hope of getting a European spot with Glass & his team. Let alone 3rd place still