Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

For what it’s worth I think we’ve been pretty unlucky to have the points total we do. 

However the results speak for themselves. Must win the next two.

I was initially of the view that we were unlucky. However the Motherwell game, Pittodrie, changed my view as we were so woeful, especially second half. Both games since weve never looked like scoring and we continue to lose mental goals. 

Maybe fluke a win Wednesday, follow it up Saturday. Come a week on Saturday it'll be another horrendous 90 minutes in Perth. 

Glass is just going to continue being a disaster imo. 

3 hours ago, super_al said:

If we sack Glass all we end up with is the same model of hiring emerging talent. Glass is not the problem.

He's a big part of the problem but I agree the change to give people like Cormack and gunn more control, and seemingly excluding 75% of folk who want the job, is a huge issue. 

There's a theory in Cormack head that US practice is better than Scotland. That atlanta utd have all the answers. So until someone on thr board is strong enough to challenge this then the same shite will keep happening. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes as well must be enjoying his wine of late & pishing himsel at Cormack whilst looking at his bank balance & the fact that his sacking from the club has probably had zero negative effect on his CV because of the failure by Cormack to improve on him

His CV must just be shite in general then as the cunts still unemployed 

We all know Glass isn't the man for the job it's been obvious for long enough now. I don't blame him he was obviously going to jump at the job when it was offered to him and he has been unlucky with defensive injuries but regardless he is clearly just not up to managing a club of our stature. Cormack won't remove him until things get desperate and DC won't feel it's reached that point yet. Regardless of his radio rant a few weeks ago privately Cormack must be starting to seriously doubt if Glass can turn this around even if he won't say it publicly. 

18 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

We all know Glass isn't the man for the job it's been obvious for long enough now. I don't blame him he was obviously going to jump at the job when it was offered to him and he has been unlucky with defensive injuries but regardless he is clearly just not up to managing a club of our stature. Cormack won't remove him until things get desperate and DC won't feel it's reached that point yet. Regardless of his radio rant a few weeks ago privately Cormack must be starting to seriously doubt if Glass can turn this around even if he won't say it publicly. 

His radio rant a few weeks ago will be another of the major factors for the stubborn cunts refusal to admit he has fkd up & take the required action.

He knows he will get ridiculed for sacking him after such a staunch (undeserving) backing of Glass & his ego simply will not allow this.

This is why the rest of the board need to act & take the decision out of Cormacks hands. 

Our only hope is the rest of the board acting, maybe Glass showing the humility & stepping down himself. 

Relying on Cormack to make the change is as delusional & hopeful as believing Glass can actually turn things around & morph into a semi competent manager. Yet there are still some that believe the latter can happen with just a few face saving wins in December ?

26 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Agree with all that. 

I predict that if we're in the bottom 3 come January there'll be some kind of "agreement" where he leaves because he's "missing family and friends in the US" or he's "offered a job back at Atlanta" (managing their under 12s or something) and the line will be "best for all parties".

Absolutely no way it can continue like this beyond January - there'll be proper protests outside the stadium and nobody left inside it by then the way things are going.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Agree with all that. 

I predict that if we're in the bottom 3 come January there'll be some kind of "agreement" where he leaves because he's "missing family and friends in the US" or he's "offered a job back at Atlanta" (managing their under 12s or something) and the line will be "best for all parties".

Absolutely no way it can continue like this beyond January - there'll be proper protests outside the stadium and nobody left inside it by then the way things are going.

Who are we going to get thats a better option?

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Cormack won't sack him.

Glass has an opportunity to turn things around starting Wednesday.

We have a decent run fixtures up until January where we SHOULD gain ground on 3rd spot however I just can't see it happening under Glass.

I really hope to be proven wrong by Glass and his troops.

? 3rd bottom to avoid relegation would be fine as things stand atm.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Did you start on the original Champ Manager 93 or have you upgraded since:

This is a funny post because it appears you know (& as such have played) a lot more about these sad sack games than I would ever even contemplate. I played comp games that entertained whilst out of your face on drugs at end of a night at very most. Any of these games you seem so obsessed with never even tickled my interest any further than a curiosity sniff of no more than 2 minutes before deciding they were absolute bollocks ? on a cyber pet type level. You sad cunt ?

p.s. It’s funny as in laughing at you, not with you. 
any actual football fan that ‘plays’ that shite is a total dweeb in reality. 

You know it, it seems,  by your attempts at ridicule using it as a weapon of choice a few times now but my question to you is………..

At what point in your life playing these games did you eventually realise how much of a sad sack cunt you were to be playing them? To then totally transform into actually using them as derogatory weapon toward others in your fantasy land/world?

Edit…..

simple question. 
have you ever played it & if so for how long etc. Or to what level?

point of note. 

I haven’t for reasons stated above. Never got past even making a complete team before realising it was a load of absolute SHITE ? 

I actually don’t even know if the shite I am referring to is even part of championship manager but I am assuming the one thing I did ever look at out of curiosity (from dweeb mates) was something along those lines

Glass should have got the bullet after the Dundee match. 

That week of good results has just prolonged his unnecessary stay as our manager. Cormack needs to get a grip of this situation before he loses all good will from supporters, if he hasn't already. 

We can't give this guy another window. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Glass should have got the bullet after the Dundee match. 

That week of good results has just prolonged his unnecessary stay as our manager. Cormack needs to get a grip of this situation before he loses all good will from supporters, if he hasn't already. 

We can't give this guy another window. 

I have been voicing for some considerable time that Glass will get us relegated if kept in post, but spoilt the comment by suggesting it would be no bad thing if it allowed us to get the overall management of the club in better shape like Hibs and Hearts.

I continue to note that there are still some happy clappers on here who cannot acknowledge what is happening and delude themselves into believing Glass will get it right and Cormack is God.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne (probably wrong spelling) "I'm out". This shambles is only going to get worse if left unchecked and, unfortunately, unchecked is exactly what egotistic Dave's course of action will be.

Account deleted.....

11 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

I have been voicing for some considerable time that Glass will get us relegated if kept in post, but spoilt the comment by suggesting it would be no bad thing if it allowed us to get the overall management of the club in better shape like Hibs and Hearts.

I continue to note that there are still some happy clappers on here who cannot acknowledge what is happening and delude themselves into believing Glass will get it right and Cormack is God.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne (probably wrong spelling) "I'm out". This shambles is only going to get worse if left unchecked and, unfortunately, unchecked is exactly what egotistic Dave's course of action will be.

Account deleted.....

People saying "we won't get relegated" clearly don't watch enough football to know clubs bigger than ours have had that thought. It can happen to anyone, your history/standing means nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Account deleted.....

In what way are hearts and Hibs in better shape than us? They’ve not finished above us for about ten years 

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

In what way are hearts and Hibs in better shape than us? They’ve not finished above us for about ten years 

As of right now, they clearly are. 

Hibs are in a cup final and 3 places above us in the league, hearts were second on Saturday. I get what you're saying about recent history but it's totally irrelevant to the here and now.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

I have been voicing for some considerable time that Glass will get us relegated if kept in post,

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

People saying "we won't get relegated" clearly don't watch enough football to know clubs bigger than ours have had that thought. It can happen to anyone, your history/standing means nothing. 

Do you two want to put a charitable bet on with me, say £50 each on Aberdeen being relegated?

Ill pay out to the charity of your choice if we are

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Do you two want to put a charitable bet on with me, say £50 each on Aberdeen being relegated?

I'll have the same bet with any of the other drama queens.  In fact £50 we don't finish bottom 4

8 hours ago, super_al said:

Who are we going to get thats a better option?

Give the gig to Neil Lennon temporary till the end of the season just to steady the ship, and take from now till end of thee season to do our homework correct and appoint the correct man for the job who will be in it for the long haul and get us to where we all want the club to be at.

Getting the club to the level we all want to be at is not going to happen under the current leadership that's a certainty.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think every poster should take you up on your bet, purely to see your arse twitching like a rabbits nose from March onwards ?

Is that you taking the bet? ?

1 minute ago, blowupsheep said:

Give the gig to Neil Lennon temporary till the end of the season just to steady the ship, and take from now till end of thee season to do our homework correct and appoint the correct man for the job who will be in it for the long haul and get us to where we all want the club to be at.

Getting the club to the level we all want to be at is not going to happen under the current leadership that's a certainty.

Shut up ah says shut up!

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I'm not saying we are getting relegated. I'm saying it's foolish to think we absolutely won't. This squad should have more than enough to see that off, I'm just saying the arrogance of some to assume it wouldnt happen cause we're Aberdeen, has proven to be a pitfall for many a club before. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Hibs finished above us last season......by 7 points

This season Hearts have probably got a big enough lead over us already that we aren't catching them. And Hibs have a lead over us with 2 games in hand, if they win them both it will be very difficult to catch them too,

They also both have bigger average crowds than us. We do however hold a financial advantage over them due to our "non-footballing" activities.