Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Wowsers... really? Why do you expect that? (genuinely interested in hearing your reasons for that optimism)

Don’t give up min. We’re only 3 points behind Hibs. Ok, they have a couple of games in hand but they were losing the game at the weekend till St Johnstone went down to 10 men and have been in really bad form as well.

Regardless of Hibs, there’s no reason why we couldn’t get a run in these upcoming games to be back amongst Motherwell and Utd, then start looking towards Hearts and Hibs

I expect us to beat Livi. Don’t you?

I expect us to beat St Mirren. Don’t you?

St Johnstone and Hibs away will be tough, but we can beat both. Do you not think we can beat them?

I expect to beat Dundee at home. Don’t you?

I expect us to give SevCo a tough game at home. Don’t you?

Next two games Motherwell are playing Hibs and Utd, so there will be drooped points immediately above us. Win our next two and we’ll be back in the mix for top 6 and then we look forward and upwards.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
On 11/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, afc1903mad said:

Could we end up in the position they were?, yes, but equally, we could just as easily end up back competing for Europe and 3rd.

Is there something in our play which you believe shows a propensity towards an upward curve? At the moment I still think we'll finish above two or three teams so relegation isn't at the forefront of my mind but as for challenging for 3rd........really?

38 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Don’t give up min. We’re only 3 points behind Hibs. Ok, they have a couple of games in hand but they were losing the game at the weekend till St Johnstone went down to 10 men and have been in really bad form as well.

Regardless of Hibs, there’s no reason why we couldn’t get a run in these upcoming games to be back amongst Motherwell and Utd, then start looking towards Hearts and Hibs

St Johnstone and Hibs away will be tough, but we can beat both. Do you not think we can beat them?

Next two games Motherwell are playing Hibs and Utd, so there will be drooped points immediately above us. Win our next two and we’ll be back in the mix for top 6 and then we look forward and upwards.

Jesus H Christ ?

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The only sensible part of that post is the “mad” at the end of your name. 
quite honestly, combine our recent form against the so-called “lesser” teams (of which we are striving badly to become one) and Glass’ overall 28% win ratio, come any match day kick off, I’m depressed at what’s likely to occur over the next couple of hours and I am genuinely happily surprised if the we take anything against any opponent.

52 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Cmon, look at our current form and SG stats, and you honestly typed that with sincerity?

The answer to both in our current situation is a firm NO.
I don't expect us to beat them.

Would fucking love it if we did, but no, we should not be expecting to turn up and win games in our current situation.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Comical Ali strikes again 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

It took a last minute goal thanks to their keeper’s howler for us to get a win last time we played them. And we we were in better form then.

Lost 3-2 last time we played them.

both games should be great for stats though. Tons of possession. Tons of shots on goal. Precious few attempts on our goal. 
not optimistic about anything other than precious few points. I really hope I’l wrong but I can’t seeing us beating Livi and St. Mirren.

We’ll see lads.

You guys were mocking me when I said McCrorie was our best Central defender, now others are coming round to the same thoughts.

Others mocked me when I said Bates was improving and there was compliments in the match thread for his performance.

Aberdeen need to improve, no doubt about it, we need to get better results for sure. Maybe Glass will fail to get us there, maybe he will. This could be an important month for his future here

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

All I can say is I am happy you have the optimism, not sure where it is coming from at this present moment, but fair play to you for seeing something the rest of us can't.

It’s on a balance to be fair, there’s no doubt the results are not good enough.

‘The league is shit enough that we can still claw it back though.

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... your optimism is to be admired, as is your ever-willingness to back up your views.

I wish I could agree with you, but I really can't.

I see what you're saying - the rest of the teams in the league are rubbish - absolutely true. The problem is simple - we are more rubbish.

I honestly don't "expect" us to beat anyone right now, not a single team in the league. We should be beating Livi and St Mirren, but I expect a draw at best from each game based on what I've seen from this team this season. I don't have much hope for St Johnstone or Hibs games either.

Out of Livi, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs, Dundee and Sevco we should be picking up 12-18 points in a "normal" season. At the moment I'm expecting we'll come away with 6 or 7 points out of those 6 games.

Last 16 games we've won 2, drawn 3 and lost 11. We hardly create chances, and barely ever score, and we still make mistakes at the back. We've got stacks of injuries. Our bench is full of utter cack. Our manager seems uninspiring and clueless.

He almost had me believing after the "good week" but everything before and after that 7 days has been desperate and gives no indication that we're heading in any direction other than the wrong one.

10 hours ago, Guest said:

Crohn's and Colitis UK will be my choice.

Admire yer confidence min but if DC leaves Glass in post for the whole season we're toast. The man's management statistics in all posts to date SHOULD have alerted the egotistic one that he wasn't up to the job.

DC's arrogance could end badly too.

This ^^^^^^

His stats as manager are fkn brutal at every club except a wee spell in first post as caretaker manager at Shamrock Rovers (50%) win rate but not sure how many games he was caretaker for. Could only be 2 ? 

How Cormack managed to force this useless fkwit on the board is more of a really Milne like dictatorship.

He can’t even maintain a 3 wins in 10 for us ffs. 

That’s the kind of record that would have most other clubs in the league replacing their managers so how the fk are a club like Aberdeen not doing so?

Cormack has a fk load to answer for. To proud to admit his fk up. Pride comes before a fall

8 games as caretaker manager at shamrock rovers with 4 wins 4 losses. His career best record as manager with 50% win rate.

93 games total as manager

26 wins

18 draws

49 losses

He really is utter shite. Lost more than half the games he’s managed

Career win percentage of just below 28% which is slightly boosted by those 4 wins
At shamrock rovers.

There are no excuses that can convince you that he is anything other than shite & simply not up to the job.

Nowhere near the quality Aberdeen required & it is criminal that Cormack forced this cunt upon us.

Only those fans with too much pity/sentiment for him can support him continuing to fk up this club & only a stubborn & arrogant chairman could allow it to continue.

16 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I have high expectations. We should always be beating Livi and St Mirren at home.

Sometimes life doesn’t live up to our expectations, but we should always be expecting to win these games at home.

Don’t you agree?

I agree with "We should always be beating Livi and St Mirren at home"

Do I think we currently a squad capable of doing so? Probably.

Do I think we currently have a manager I trust to do so? Absolutely not.

I am genuinely concerned with how close we are to the bottom. All 3 teams below us have gams in hand, they win those and we go 2nd bottom.

Glass isn't good enough but neither is recruitment who ever is in charge, our squad is SO unbalanced

• Upvote 1