Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

30 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Question: If Glass were to miraculously win the Scottish cup but finished 10th in the league, would you still want him replaced?

Winning a cup instantly elevates any manager or player of ours to legendary status so if that was the end result then no I wouldn't

The problem would be that if we win a couple of rounds in the cup so we are still in it in March.....but we are also within 6 points of bottom place and on a poor streak of form in the league.......can you really justify risking your top league spot on the basis that you might go on to win the cup? I think any chairman would prioritise remaining in the SPL

29 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Agreed, its not hard, but you make it so.

Forget about our result for just a moment, my point was referencing only their individual games.

Both teams (Dundee and St Johnstone) have the opportunity for 3 points. Both teams however cannot get 3 points, therefore there will be points dropped in their game by at least one or maybe both teams.

Nothing to do with our result and whether they gain on us or not.

Its simply guaranteed dropped points in their game which as a result (now considering our game) gives us the opportunity to gain on one or both of them.

In the worst case scenario, yes we could lose ground on 3 teams (lose to Livi and Dundee / St Johnstone draw), yet also have the potential to gain distance on all three ;).

Does the fact that we're discussing how games between the likes of these teams, and how the outcome might impact us, not concern you?

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

I've posted several times about my concern at the current situation and the fact that there is a real risk of relegation. What I find most disturbing is the way Cormack has virtually walked away from it all after his crazy radio interview. It's his responsibility for the mess we are in. What does Glass actually have to do to get the sack? Is he immune from dismissal? I'm almost resigned to the fact that things won't change as Cormack will tough it out, by which time it will be too late.

Cormack didn’t just get standard Glass. He got bulletproof Glass

8 hours ago, thurso said:

We could also quite easily be 5th

Could we? Are you sure? Looking at fixtures not so sure. Will be astonished if we do. Certainly not ‘easily’ especially for a team that is currently averaging 1 point per game this season

currently 9 points from 5th & 12 available to us between now & Christmas but also 2 other sides between us & Motherwell who are (at moment) 9 above us. 

motherwell currently winning so we are 4 games away from possibly getting to 5th yet we are only 2 games away from potentially going bottom.

4 games between now & Christmas

edit. Red card for Well now so that could help lol

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Does the fact that we're discussing how games between the likes of these teams, and how the outcome might impact us, not concern you?

Not really, no.

It is concerning that we’re currently bottom 6 and we should be a lot higher, but we are where we are and it was always going to be transitional.

December clearly is an important month and it’ll be interesting to see where we are at the end of it

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Could we? Are you sure? Looking at fixtures not so sure. Will be astonished if we do. Certainly not ‘easily’ especially for a team that is currently averaging 1 point per game this season

currently 9 points from 5th & 12 available to us between now & Christmas but also 2 other sides between us & Motherwell who are (at moment) 9 above us. 

motherwell currently winning so we are 4 games away from possibly getting to 5th yet we are only 2 games away from potentially going bottom.

Are you mentally ill? 

27 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Not really, no.

It is concerning that we’re currently bottom 6 and we should be a lot higher, but we are where we are and it was always going to be transitional.

December clearly is an important month and it’ll be interesting to see where we are at the end of it

Got it…you’re on the wind up. 

18 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Got it…you’re on the wind up. 

He/she/it is  not clever enough to be on the wind up. He/she/it is the Comical Ali of Aberdeen fans chat sites. Always defending the current manager until the inevitable happens. It’s amusing watching the defence of the current manager whilst it goes on. This is just the start of it….he/she/it will get very annoyed soon enough and start getting angry at fellow posters  who debate. 
Let the fun begin….

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

4 teams currently below us.

Before they play those games in hand (Ross County plays St Johnstone, Dundee is away to Hibs, Livi at home to Hibs), the table will change  

Tomorrow we play Livingston, so in our own hands to start opening up a gap

Dundee are playing St Johnstone, so points will be dropped between those teams

St Mirren are at home to Ross County, again points to be dropped there.

Tonight, just above us, Motherwell and Dundee Utd play each other, so again points to be dropped between them

Hibs also host SevCo, so again a potential opportunity to close the gap (although always love when SevCo drop points) 

Incidentally, Celtic host Hearts, so its entirely plausible we could reduce the gap to 3rd to only 9 points

1 game at a time though and we need to make sure we get a win against Livi tomorrow

COYR's

I hope to hell they don't go this way but this is a scenario...

Wed Dec 1st

Aberdeen v Livi - Livi Win
Dundee v St Johnstone - Dundee Win
St Mirren v Ross County - Ross County Win

7th Livingston 16pts
8th St Mirren 16pts
9th Dundee 16pts
10th Aberdeen 15pts
11th St Johnstone 14pts
12th Ross County 13pts

Sat Dec 4

Aberdeen v St Mirren - St Mirren Win
St Johnstone v Ross County - Ross County Win

11th Aberdeen 15 pts
12th St Johnstone 14pts

Then our next game is Sat Dec 11th and it's St Johnstone v Aberdeen

6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Cormack's hubris and boundless ego will be battling against the businessman side of his persona. 

He won't want to be proven wrong, but at the same time he'll see bottom six looming, declining crowds, and diminishing income. 

Only Dave himself knows which way he's going to tip, and when. But he dug his heels firmly into the sand with his mental interview, so I feel he's going to be bloody-minded in support of his mate, Glass, for far longer than makes any sense. 

I just think tomorrow will bring it home to Cormack. I can't see us reaching 6,000, brutal form, weather, folk can watch it at home. Of course if we win it buys more time. 

Huns game with Xmas crowd, blootered...

He is ultimately a fan. It'll be difficult for him to admit he's got it wrong but he must be as pissed as we are. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Good result from our perspective tonight.

You're bonkers min. 

A draw would have been the best result for us.  When 2 teams ahead of you play you need them to draw so neither pick up 3 points and potentially pull further ahead of you. 

Not that it's going to matter soon if we don't get our finger out. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Not really, no.

?

nothing transitional about this. Yes Glass could improve slightly (be fkn hard not to) but there is absolutely nothing in his managerial stats/record to date (ever) to suggest he could improve us to anywhere close to an acceptable standard.

The sooner everyone (Cormack especially)  realise/accept this the better & we can move on from this absolute amateur approach.

Nothing about Glass to suggest he can even reach the poorest levels of the Mcinnes tenure & that is what is scary. We were supposed to be improving on Mcinnes but the cheap shite experiment has been a massive failure. 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

?

nothing transitional about this. Yes Glass could improve slightly (be fkn hard not to) but there is absolutely nothing in his managerial stats/record to date (ever) to suggest he could improve us to anywhere close to an acceptable standard.

The sooner everyone (Cormack especially)  realise/accept this the better & we can move on from this absolute amateur approach.

Nothing about Glass to suggest he can even reach the poorest levels of the Mcinnes tenure & that is what is scary. We were supposed to be improving on Mcinnes but the cheap shite experiment has been a massive failure. 

I'm nae sure it's even been cheap.  Isnt our wage bill higher than its ever been? 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah but that’s most likely on likes of Brown, Ramirez & Gallagher. Glass cannot be on anything close to Mcinnes cash (even as exaggerated as they were) as he got 3 or 4  improved deals.

He won't be on peanuts

If the rumours of what we are paying Scott Brown are true..........do you think we will be paying his boss less?

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

After Motherwells win tonight 5th could be hard before Christmas but we will be closer than now and after tomorrow nights game I fully expect us to be level on points with Hibs and ahead of st mirren 

1 hour ago, Medw1311 said:

I hope to hell they don't go this way but this is a scenario...

Wed Dec 1st

Aberdeen v Livi - Livi Win
Dundee v St Johnstone - Dundee Win
St Mirren v Ross County - Ross County Win

7th Livingston 16pts
8th St Mirren 16pts
9th Dundee 16pts
10th Aberdeen 15pts
11th St Johnstone 14pts
12th Ross County 13pts

Sat Dec 4

Aberdeen v St Mirren - St Mirren Win
St Johnstone v Ross County - Ross County Win

11th Aberdeen 15 pts
12th St Johnstone 14pts

Then our next game is Sat Dec 11th and it's St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Yes, that is definitely a possible scenario, which I hope is quashed tomorrow night

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're bonkers min. 

A draw would have been the best result for us.  When 2 teams ahead of you play you need them to draw so neither pick up 3 points and potentially pull further ahead of you. 

Not that it's going to matter soon if we don't get our finger out. 

Different perspective.

with tonight’s result, 4th position is on 25 points, 10 ahead of us. In your scenario, Utd would have been on 26, so 11 points ahead.

Id rather be 1 less point behind 4th spot

Its basic maths ?

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He won't be on peanuts

If the rumours of what we are paying Scott Brown are true..........do you think we will be paying his boss less?

It’s all relative really. Yes players at clubs like ours are on closer wages to managers but not always the case. 

I would be very disappointed if Brown isn’t earning more than Glass. Especially for what both parties are bringing to the side since their arrival.

18 minutes ago, thurso said:

After Motherwells win tonight 5th could be hard before Christmas but we will be closer than now and after tomorrow nights game I fully expect us to be level on points with Hibs and ahead of st mirren 

Not requesting a bet on it but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we are closer on points to bottom of table than 5th placed side going into Boxing Day game

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not requesting a bet on it but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we are closer on points to bottom of table than 5th placed side going into Boxing Day game

We’re 9 behind 5th with a game in hand, hopefully we reduce that to 6 tonight.

Id rather Ross County beat St Mirren though with St Mirren getting a couple of players sent off 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If I was a betting man I’d take a bet on it. I personally think we will win tomorrow so we will be 6 behind Motherwell.

Hibs will probably loose tomorrow to the rangers so we will be level on points maybe ahead on goal difference.

16 hours ago, Ke1t said:

A supposed  top club shouldn't be hiring rookie managers and hoping they learn on the job... that's fucking asinine.

Don't agree with that. 

We just haven't got ourselves a very good one. 

With a proven manager you know what you are going to get... and Aberdeen aren't going to attract the best.

I suppose the issue with Glass was the little experience he had before us didn't go very well either