Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

Cormack basically forced Glass on the team against some concerns by some of board but he basically said it’s my way or nothing didn’t he? 
Rest of board are just as culpable now if they aren’t at very least still voicing their concerns about him still being here.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some other board members ‘leaving’ or stepping down from Cormacks dictatorship very soon.

Something has to give & a couple of wins v Livi/St Mirren shouldn’t be all it takes for things to be all rosey again.

6 points in next two games certainly isn’t enough to hide the stench at the club for me.

23 hours ago, Medw1311 said:

I hope to hell they don't go this way but this is a scenario...

Wed Dec 1st

Aberdeen v Livi - Livi Win
Dundee v St Johnstone - Dundee Win
St Mirren v Ross County - Ross County Win

7th Livingston 16pts
8th St Mirren 16pts
9th Dundee 16pts
10th Aberdeen 15pts
11th St Johnstone 14pts
12th Ross County 13pts

Sat Dec 4

Aberdeen v St Mirren - St Mirren Win
St Johnstone v Ross County - Ross County Win

11th Aberdeen 15 pts
12th St Johnstone 14pts

Then our next game is Sat Dec 11th and it's St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Glad the doomsday scenario hasn’t played out.

Tonight, 

• We’ve moved from 8th to 7th
  • Reduced the gap to 4th from 10 points to 7 points
  • increased the gap to the bottom from 5 points to 7 points

let’s keep looking upwards ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tonights result hasn't changed my opinion on him. It's high time he started delivering results consistently.

It's all very well beating a poor Livingston side at home.

He needs to prove himself by taking us on a marathon run and getting us back into a European spot. It's gone from 4 wins to only needing 3 wins to catch up. Get it done Glass.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Tonight, 

We should be looking down on the rest - not up.

We would be as well persevering with Glass to the end of the season.

We have often misfired,. but there are flashes of potential.

He is never going to get us relegated, especially considering some of the other shite in the league, and so there is no major threat in giving him time.

it was a stick on that people would quickly turn on Glass, after getting rid of boring-but-dependable McInnes.

Next year of later, Glass could well get us back to where McInnes had us - possibly with better football - and people will be happy.  Then after half a dozen years or so, they will get bored and the cycle will begin again.

• Upvote 1

He's not out the woods yet. Even if we beat St Mirren at the weekend.....which I think we will. The 2 away games at St Johnstone and Hibs will tell us more. Both of those teams are on horrendous form themselves and 2 defeats in those games would for my money take Glass right back to where he was before tonight's match. And then we could be looking at fan protests outside the Mainer if the home matches against Dundee and especially sevco don't go well.

On the other hand, a couple of draws in the away matches won't be viewed quite as harshly as they might have been providing we do indeed take care of St Mirren. And so long as we then beat Dundee and just avoid a total horsing v the huns (although a victory would be very welcome)......he should be just about safe for the season.

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Cormack basically forced Glass on the team against some concerns by some of board but he basically said it’s my way or nothing didn’t he
Rest of board are just as culpable now if they aren’t at very least still voicing their concerns about him still being here.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some other board members ‘leaving’ or stepping down from Cormacks dictatorship very soon.

Something has to give & a couple of wins v Livi/St Mirren shouldn’t be all it takes for things to be all rosey again.

6 points in next two games certainly isn’t enough to hide the stench at the club for me.

You know this for a fact or you just spouting pish as usual

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Tonight, 

Yes I'm glad too, let's hope we can follow it up with another 3 points on Saturday 

• Upvote 1

Jonny Hayes admits rotten Aberdeen luck has him questioning whether he'd ever be a manager

"Jonny Hayes is doing his coaching badges but admits he’s being put off becoming a manager after seeing bad luck hit his boss.

The Irishman has watched Stephen Glass be without much of his defence all season and several other key men as Aberdeen have bobbed around the bottom six. 

The Dons beat Livingston on Wednesday night to move to the same points as sixth-placed Hibs, although their Edinburgh rivals have two games in hand. 

Hayes knows Lady Luck hasn’t been smiling on Glass’ side. He said: “I wouldn’t even say refereeing decisions. Look at the injuries and reshuffling the manager has had to do.

“And the Dundee United game, with all the incidents, seemed to sum it up. We went down to 10 men and all the niggles and injuries we’ve had. It doesn’t make you want to become a manager.

“I’m doing my coaching badges. They teach you how to deal with a player when he loses possession.

“But I can’t imagine what it’s like when you have four players and your whole defence injured at the same time.

“We haven’t had much luck this season. It’s a case of getting the head down and working hard and hopefully that will help us in the long run.

“We’ll come back because we have a good squad and it’s about showing those qualities.

“Look at Funso Ojo, he’s played here, there and everywhere and he can play in a number of positions.”

Hayes knows the importance of backing the victory over Livi with another win when St Mirren head to the north-east tomorrow then building beyond that again."

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Jonny Hayes admits rotten Aberdeen luck has him questioning whether he'd ever be a manager

"Jonny Hayes is doing his coaching badges but admits he’s being put off becoming a manager after seeing bad luck hit his boss.

The Irishman has watched Stephen Glass be without much of his defence all season and several other key men as Aberdeen have bobbed around the bottom six. 

The Dons beat Livingston on Wednesday night to move to the same points as sixth-placed Hibs, although their Edinburgh rivals have two games in hand. 

Hayes knows Lady Luck hasn’t been smiling on Glass’ side. He said: “I wouldn’t even say refereeing decisions. Look at the injuries and reshuffling the manager has had to do.

“And the Dundee United game, with all the incidents, seemed to sum it up. We went down to 10 men and all the niggles and injuries we’ve had. It doesn’t make you want to become a manager.

“I’m doing my coaching badges. They teach you how to deal with a player when he loses possession.

“But I can’t imagine what it’s like when you have four players and your whole defence injured at the same time.

“We haven’t had much luck this season. It’s a case of getting the head down and working hard and hopefully that will help us in the long run.

“We’ll come back because we have a good squad and it’s about showing those qualities.

“Look at Funso Ojo, he’s played here, there and everywhere and he can play in a number of positions.”

Hayes knows the importance of backing the victory over Livi with another win when St Mirren head to the north-east tomorrow then building beyond that again."

They  teach you how to deal with a player when they lose possession……what a load of do gooding shite.

Give said player a rollicking and threaten to sub the bastard if he does it again. 
No wonder the modern manager is absolutely useless!