Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Evaluate his tenure at the end of May unless there's another particularly heinous run of form after this result. 

Top 6 minimum and latter stages of the Scottish Cup otherwise he's toast. 

Happy to wait a bit longer with these new signings coming in and see fit like, pinning our hopes on two young lads who have never played in the country before, is a bit worrying though. 

Tonight shows the reinforcements required, and the deadwood that needs shifted. 

Aye - starting with the deadwood manager.

Your post is apathy personified. 

• Upvote 1

Some thoughts on the performance tonight;

1. If you want to play “keep ball” then keep the ball. Don’t brick it as soon as you see an opposing player running toward you and pass it straight at another opposing player.

2. If you choose to make a pass then make a pass to someone you know can receive it.

3. JET. Holy fuck min.

4. Ramsey appears to be sinking like a lead balloon. Take the £3m!!!

5. Brown tires after 60mins. Fucking take him off.

6. Dean Campbell is not a defender.

7. 70% possession and 1 shot on target. There’s a stat for you Gunnar and Mowbray.

8. Glass’s changes in the 2nd half were shocking and showed his inept decision making to a tee.

9. Where’s Dante and Vicente?

10. JET. I mean, WTF? 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

You probably won’t believe this but I said at the time he was winning both cups, that I wasn’t convinced by Callum Davidson 

I’ve given you my name, Jim Goodwin, and fuck all to do with tonight’s win

I wanted Goodwin all along. Even more so when Glass’s name came up.

Would like to know if he was one of the supposed ‘four man shortlist’ as if he & Maloney were 2 of the other 3 then I would have taken either one but preferably Goodwin. 

Glass has been a complete shambles from start to (hopefully very fkn soon) finish & should never have made any fkn list of potentials let alone a ‘four man shortlist’ from which he was the ‘outstanding candidate’ ?

Brown signing was the wee sparkly distraction to deflect from just how shite the managerial appointment was & loads of the support took the snake oil salesman’s pitch & loved him for it.

FUCK CORMACK & his wee fkn marionette 

Cormack has to bin him (or get him to step down) or he will very soon be the only one getting blamed & his we scapegoat strawman Glass will be forgotten about

3 hours ago, El Pacino said:

Some thoughts on the performance tonight;

1. If you want to play “keep ball” then keep the ball. Don’t brick it as soon as you see an opposing player running toward you and pass it straight at another opposing player.

2. If you choose to make a pass then make a pass to someone you know can receive it.

3. JET. Holy fuck min.

4. Ramsey appears to be sinking like a lead balloon. Take the £3m!!!

5. Brown tires after 60mins. Fucking take him off.

6. Dean Campbell is not a defender.

7. 70% possession and 1 shot on target. There’s a stat for you Gunnar and Mowbray.

8. Glass’s changes in the 2nd half were shocking and showed his inept decision making to a tee.

9. Where’s Dante and Vicente?

10. JET. I mean, WTF? 

The recruitment of JET, alone, is a sackable offence for anyone connected with it; be it Glass, Brown, Russell, Gunnar. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Wrong fans clearly let down by Glass and his inept management. Games against Sevco have never been a benchmark as we've always raised our standard and game against them. Its "shit" like this that will be his downfall and once again, just like the last game at St Mirren Park he’s failed to understand how to play against stubborn sides who don’t have a go.

Inept, inept, inept management. No doubt his big buddy will come out all guns blazing again talking about stats to try and deflect again. 

A horrendous appointment who is sadly here for the long run.

Do you think St Mirren weren’t having a go ?.....  They were on the front foot from the start and showed as much attacking threat , if not more , than we did.  Even in the closing stages when we should have been having a go to salvage something they showed more urgency to get forward than us.

Don’t get me wrong , St Mirren were poor too and if it wasn’t for their one decent attempt on goal (which was practically a  free-kick,  thanks to Ramsay) I doubt if their fans would’ve been all that happy with their performance.

Glass wasnt responsible for all the basic errors such as misplaced or mishit passes  ,  heavy touches , poor control etc which pretty much every outfield player was guilty of. 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He reached the LC final by giving sevco a fucking horsing the likes of which no Scottish team has done other than Celtic in the past 3 years

The Scottish managerial pool is nowhere near as deep as it was in the 70s/80s/90s. 

Who do you think is better than Ross? I've given you Neil and  for sure Clarke is above him too. Despite his last 2-3 years with us, I'd have McInnes ahead of him too.

Beyond those 3 I cannot think of anyone who is better. And I even include Davidson in that, who indubitably had the season of his career last season but who is getting found out this one. 

EDIT.... obviously Moyes would be ahead too but I haven't counted him as he wouldn't even go for a shit for the kind of cash we pay...

Does any potential new AFC manager have to be a jock, like?

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

We are no better than we were a year ago despite all the new signings, and there's no sign that we're improving. 9 months and little to show for it except some miserable defeats and painful football. Why was Glass appointed again ??

Cheaper than a proper , experienced manager

4 minutes ago, redone said:

Not a lie 

Not a lie but a gross misunderstanding of what he said means - stupidity and complete underestimating the opposition and overestimating his own opinion - followed by arrogant dismissal of complaint - DC and Boris have the same casual disregard for reality when it doesn't suit their agenda. 

There's been a cosy easy feeling amongst the players staff and management for years now

It's good money playing for Aberdeen with really no pressure to win anything.

Occasionally we win two games in a row and then the pressure is off the players  and manager 

Having said that we have a half decent squad and the other half are shite players who don't give a fuck

They know who they are

That's where we are right now. 

Just hoping the two youngsters we signed actually make an impact

The problem is that for the players there are no ramifications for failure.  Jet should be on a fucking treadmill and not let off until he is 2 stone lighter.   Each and every player last night should be in from their days off watching last nights rerun again and again until they feel the abject shame they should feel.  The coaches, who’s job it is to lead coach and mentor, what the hell are they actually doing. The manager, plays for the crowd but a complete lack of emotional intelligence, all Braveheart statements and no quantifiable evidence of actually doing his job to the required standard.   All in all we are in a very very poor place, what is it 10 losses this season already, I get people talk about this year being a “transitional” one, by fuck if this is the direction of our transformation I am truly truly worried. 

Glass' ability or lack thereof to get the best out of our players is the biggest issue. 

It's clear that almost no one in our squad is playing to their best week in and week out. Bringing their best out of them is part of the managers job. He's failing at that and as a result, our form is at best "inconsistent". 

His tactic to get the best out of the players seems to be slating them publicly. I'm not sure that'll be very effective. 

Guest milne_afc

February sacking imho, when the season is over. There’s no way he can motivate a team to go and match Motherwell away in a cup tie. St Mirren just had to try harder last night, that’s all it takes to beat the Dons.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

February sacking imho, when the season is over. There’s no way he can motivate a team to go and match Motherwell away in a cup tie. St Mirren just had to try harder last night, that’s all it takes to beat the Dons.

I certainly would be tempted to take whatever money we can get for Hedges and Ramsay as quickly as possible to help fund getting new players in. If we can hold onto Ferguson until the summer then fair enough but get the other two sold. I wasn’t originally for selling Ramsay but his displays recently are completely off the boil and he has obviously has his head dreaming of what might be (regarding a new club) rather than doing the good things that got him in the team at the start.