Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

I don’t think we will finish outside top 6 as even after tonight’s games we may be only 3/4 points off 4th which is laughable in itself. But I am pretty confident even if we finished 5th or 6th and out of Europe he would still get next season. I just have that feeling he would have to finish bottom half to even consider sacking especially since the chairman has openly backed him. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

I don’t think we will finish outside top 6 as even after tonight’s games we may be only 3/4 points off 4th which is laughable in itself. But I am pretty confident even if we finished 5th or 6th and out of Europe he would still get next season. I just have that feeling he would have to finish bottom half to even consider sacking especially since the chairman has openly backed him. 

Sack him, and Cormack. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

I don’t think we will finish outside top 6 as even after tonight’s games we may be only 3/4 points off 4th which is laughable in itself

I think thats what is so frustrating.

You dont even need to have a good season to finish 3rd. The season we finished behind Kilmarnock we were hopeless. But it was still a last minute pen for Killie that saw us finish 4th. 

A good season beating muck like St Mirren and Dundee and holding our own against Rangers and Celtic would see us comfortably 3rd and even a bit of title race excitement up until at least March.... and thats the minimum really

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Remember also that the one win we've got there... against St Johnstone... came through a goal that should probably not have been allowed with Jenks handball.

Thats a fucking atrocious point considering Ojo got sent off for looking at a fan away at Dundee and at Ibrox we got cheated beyond belief. 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Thats a fucking atrocious point considering Ojo got sent off for looking at a fan away at Dundee and at Ibrox we got cheated beyond belief. 

It's not an atrocious point. We definitely only won that game because we got a lucky decision in our favour. 

Agreed that Ojo shouldn't have got sent off in that game - that may or may not have altered the result. And yes we were cheated at Ibrox. 

Point remains though, that win against St Johnstone was only achieved because we got lucky with a decision.

2 hours ago, beer gut said:

Glass is the “Manager”. if he needs someone to come in and help then hes not up to the job. 

IMo he is never going to be a manager. he doesn’t have it in him. Its clear as day. He might be a decent coach but hes never going to be manager good enough for AFC. I don’t blame him though. He never should have been in the running for the job in the 1st place. 

How is it clear as day that he might be a decent coach ?

Agreed that he should never have been appointed as manager with responsibility for the first team 

24 minutes ago, redone said:

How is it clear as day that he might be a decent coach ?

Agreed that he should never have been appointed as manager with responsibility for the first team 

He didn’t say “it’s as clear as day he might be a good coach”.

The full stop means he said “he might be a good coach”.

PS - he isn’t. He has no clue how to break teams down and playing about 4-5 centre mids isn’t the way to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Need a hard cunt in the first team coaching staff. Glass, Russell, Apaloo are all dreeps. Brown would be better on the bench during some games imo. 

Well, after that appalling opening 20 mins, I was kinda hoping that the “coach on the park” would have sorted out matters last night, without the need to look to the dug out or wait till half time.

Brown should have missed the game v Edinburgh City along with Hayes  but Glass(y) shat it, after what happened in Kirkcaldy 

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

It's not an atrocious point. We definitely only won that game because we got a lucky decision in our favour. 

Agreed that Ojo shouldn't have got sent off in that game - that may or may not have altered the result. And yes we were cheated at Ibrox. 

Point remains though, that win against St Johnstone was only achieved because we got lucky with a decision.

Yeah but if you're going to point out a bit luck we got in our favour to win a game, it's only balanced to point out bad luck in the games that we've failed to win. 

Missed the game last night thankfully due to not being arsed about getting out my bed at 3am to watch it because i didn't fancy us at all.... Sad state of affairs when your not confident of a win at St Mirren.

1 win in 12 away games is horrendous. Throw into the mix the players getting played out of position,  Possesision based football with zero end product of midfielders shitting themselves to play a forward pass is a fucking abomination. We have zero creativity when teams are well organised and we resort to getting it out wide and throwing it into the box with no end product. I can't see the pointin persisting with Glass till the end ofthe season because on current form. Our season will be done in the next month or two. We all know he's not going to get his jotters anytime soon as the nepotism in his appointment is blatantly obvious. 

Cormack has done well off the park since he came in IMO, But nn it.... He's had a fucking holocaust

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Of the 74 people who voted give him the season, how many of those 74 still think this way?

He can fuck off anytime soon, I voted to give him the season.
Putting a guy in with no experience in managing without giving him some experience to help was always going to end in disaster.
He really needs to go, but it aint happening this season, the best we can hope for is that Cormac gets him a decent no2, that should be on our focus as well as the new players required.

This is a fucking experiment going wrong.

I'm off to change my trousers.

• Like 1

If the process behind the scenes is in place and being done properly the club should already have an idea on who they want to take the job next.  Glass is on a 12month rolling contract, right now he's not done nowhere near enough to justify an extension so I'll guess that we have a new guy in place sooner rather than later, unless something changes and we go on a very good run until the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk have been brainwashed into the attacking football. There's absolutely nothing attacking about knocking the ball across your back 4 in your own half all game. 

The football is maybe more eventful than last season but not always in a good way! 

1 shot on target (which was possibly meant to be a cross) last night rubbishes the idea that we're doing anything that remotely resembles attacking football. It's exactly the same as it was under McInnes laterly - utterly clueless when we get into the opposition half.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

If the process behind the scenes is in place and being done properly the club should already have an idea on who they want to take the job next.  Glass is on a 12month rolling contract, right now he's not done nowhere near enough to justify an extension so I'll guess that we have a new guy in place sooner rather than later, unless something changes and we go on a very good run until the end of the season.

Has your account been hacked?