Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Would anyone bet on Glass beating Mcinnes’s Killie in a play off? 
Wonder if they thought to include a clause preventing Campbell playing ? imagine he relegated us ?

SPFL rules do not allow loaned players to play against their parent clubs under any circumstances.

Nevertheless McInnes has recruited heavily since getting the Killie gig. But so far without any great success. If Partick win their games in hand they'll go ahead of them. 

If we lose our next 2 league matches then an 11th place finish is most certainly on the cards and I'm not sure this team we have has the cojones to get itself through it whoever we might face.

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

SPFL rules do not allow loaned players to play against their parent clubs under any circumstances.

Nevertheless McInnes has recruited heavily since getting the Killie gig. But so far without any great success. If Partick win their games in hand they'll go ahead of them. 

If we lose our next 2 league matches then an 11th place finish is most certainly on the cards and I'm not sure this team we have has the cojones to get itself through it whoever we might face.

Didn't Glass put in a superb performance last time we were in the play offs? Maybe he'll play left wing instead of Funso

put this out there last night

Think logical

When is Cormack in country? a Sacking wont happen before then then

so earliest realistically no matter what happens is next weekend - win those two games we could easily be 4th - no way  he is getting sacked

ok so say he loses all three games and cormack is sat in his office on Mon 25th thinking of calling glass in . Quickly checks diary

Oh Alex Fergusson is here in 5 days dont want the distraction of a change so get the Dundee united game out of the way 

on the 28th we could be on 38 pts in 4th and in the next round and he is Not getting sacked before the split with every chance of getting into the top 6 , or he could be out of the cup and well in 10th with nearly no chance of it 

he has got until the 28th before any decison will be made

2 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Think logical

so earliest realistically no matter what happens is next weekend - win those two games we could easily be 4th - no way  he is getting sacked

ok so say he loses all three games and cormack is sat in his office on Mon 25th thinking of calling glass in . Quickly checks diary

Oh Alex Fergusson is here in 5 days dont want the distraction of a change so get the Dundee united game out of the way 

on the 28th we could be on 38 pts in 4th and in the next round and he is Not getting sacked before the split with every chance of getting into the top 6 , or he could be out of the cup and well in 10th with nearly no chance of it 

Do you seriously think we are going to win our next 5 games?  

We've not won any of our last 5 league games (2 draws, 3 defeats)

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We are still roughly 10+ points away from safely avoiding the play off spot. Not even sure this side has 10 points in them from remaining 13 games. We are only just above averaging a point a game as it is & have been at that very average a couple of times this season. 
Add in the fact that we are struggling to get any results against the bottom six sides & it doesn’t bode well for us should we end up in bottom six post split.

Not really that outrageous to suggest we could end up in a play off v Mcinnes’s Killie to stay up ?

Well done on a making a point and then successfully dismantling it in the space of a paragraph. 

Maybe try that before posting next time?

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

At this rate 5 draws could get us in 4th, if it wasn't us in this position, I'd say this league is the most exciting in the world bar Hearts.

A title race, a race for a European place and a relegation battle, only 1 team in Hearts who can really put feet up.

Should have been us.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

to be honest i have no idea

Does this team have 5 losses in it - yes

Does it have 5 wins in it - yes

so we have 2 Draws 3 losses check the others

well 3L D2
St j 1W 2L 2D
DU 2W 2D 1L

None are really firing on all cylinders.

and all this was summed up last night I would not have thought we had the 2nd half in us after the first half

what I did like  was 3 organisational changes not seen before

mccrorie at right back, Kennedy at right mid and not mentioned much 2 up front, take those 3 into the next gam I r3eckon we will be fine   

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Think logical

If we lose the next few games that's got embarrassing shit show written all over it.  The atmosphere will be toxic

10 minutes ago, Bamber said:

to be honest i have no idea

Does this team have 5 losses in it - yes

Does it have 5 wins in it - yes

so we have 2 Draws 3 losses check the others

well 3L D2
St j 1W 2L 2D
DU 2W 2D 1L

None are really firing on all cylinders.

and all this was summed up last night I would not have thought we had the 2nd half in us after the first half

what I did like  was 3 organisational changes not seen before

mccrorie at right back, Kennedy at right mid and not mentioned much 2 up front, take those 3 into the next gam I r3eckon we will be fine   

What makes you think that this team has 5 wins in a row in its locker when it has drawn 2 and lost 3 of its last 5 and has struggled to win 2 games in a row all season, winning less than a third of its games and losing half?

Bottom line last night was shit defending for celtics 2 goals their 3 rd was off side. 
Another defeat, how long is it going to take Colgate  kid to realise he made a mistake in signing up his blossom Buddie glass. 
Is he going to wait until the dons are in 11th slot. 
Even if or when he replaces glass, he hasn’t the brains to replace him with the man Aberdeen need.   

The January window for getting players in was a comedy and full of excuses on how they tried but failed at the last minute, how many times have we heard that one. 

Beat by Motherwell on Saturday and Glass should walk hand in hand with the Colgate kid. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What makes you think that this team has 5 wins in a row in its locker when it has drawn 2 and lost 3 of its last 5 and has struggled to win 2 games in a row all season, winning less than a third of its games and losing half?

I reckon if you look at the table as it is and assume it stays like that until the split we'd have some pretty tough fixtures post split that i wouldn't fancy us taking many points from. Safe to assume both St Johnstone and Dundee stayed in the bottom 6. We'd likely be away to St Johnstone and home to Dundee. If Hibs end up in the bottom 6 we'd likely be away to them aswell. When you consider our form currently and then factor in 2 away wins all season it's hard to imagine many points post split. If push comes to shove i'm not sure this team has the mentality. Lose on Saturday and Glass shouldn't even be allowed on the coach home. 

3 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Well done on a making a point and then successfully dismantling it in the space of a paragraph. 

Maybe try that before posting next time?

How so? Our latest form has us on less than a point per game. Trust you to be so basic you have to focus on me stating our season average & not having the mental abilities to think outside of what is written 

All teams doing badly in professional leagues have the odd while when they look quite good - it doesn't last and the league table doesn't lie - we are where our form says we should be - and history os littered with platitudes about how unlucky a team was to be relegated and how no one thought it could happen. We've had bad luck but also good (Livi away for example). If Glass had started badly and showed signs of getting better it would be one thing but it's not that - it's just he's not very good (and never has got better at any role he's been in to suggest he can step up)..

The irony of a play-off (defeat) against McInnes is the stuff that fate is made of.

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I reckon if you look at the table as it is and assume it stays like that until the split we'd have some pretty tough fixtures post split that i wouldn't fancy us taking many points from. Safe to assume both St Johnstone and Dundee stayed in the bottom 6. We'd likely be away to St Johnstone and home to Dundee. If Hibs end up in the bottom 6 we'd likely be away to them aswell. When you consider our form currently and then factor in 2 away wins all season it's hard to imagine many points post split. If push comes to shove i'm not sure this team has the mentality. Lose on Saturday and Glass shouldn't even be allowed on the coach 

The bottom half after the split is just not a place you ever want to be unless you're a masochist. 

Especially in a tight season like this one where a couple of wins or defeats can change things dramatically. 

4 hours ago, Bamber said:

Think logical

Cormack doesn’t come across as someone who will want to face Glass when he sacks him. I reckon he will one day pluck up the courage and tell Glass he is sacked via a text message. It will have a couple of kisses at the end of it so there is no hard feelings.

19 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Cormack doesn’t come across as someone who will want to face Glass when he sacks him. I reckon he will one day pluck up the courage and tell Glass he is sacked via a text message. It will have a couple of kisses at the end of it so there is no hard feelings.

Perfect scenario is he sets up a meeting between Glass and Gunn, telling Glass he's firing Gunn, and telling Gunn he's firing Glass. 

They sit down, tell each other they have some bad news, both say, "We're going to have to let you go." and they're oot the door in the boot of a taxi with the minimum of fuss. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Perfect scenario is he sets up a meeting between Glass and Gunn, telling Glass he's firing Gunn, and telling Gunn he's firing Glass. 

They sit down, tell each other they have some bad news, both say, "We're going to have to let you go." and they're oot the door in the boot of a taxi with the minimum of fuss. 

Glass and Gunn look like the type who would burst out crying when told they were sacked.