Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

47 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

No cup run, and European place very much in doubt.  Playing devils advocate I'd say if he can get Europe and learn from this season he should stay.  If we lose v St Johnstone, and for 4 or more points behind 4th, he has to go.

I would have backed Deek to have us back in 3rd or 4th this season given his experience, what was the point of sacking a decent manager and replacing him with sh**e?

I don't want Deek or his inspid tactics back, but would seriously consider Yogi right now.  ?

John Hughes?

GTF 

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If it wasn't him I seen there today then he has a twin

confirmed on radio interview by Glass himself that Cormack was there

Interviewer asked what Cormack was saying.....Glass says he hasn't spoken to him yet but he "has a team to prepare for Tuesday night"

Looks like he won't be falling on his sword

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

confirmed on radio interview by Glass himself that Cormack was there

Interviewer asked what Cormack was saying.....Glass says he hasn't spoken to him yet but he "has a team to prepare for Tuesday night"

Looks like he won't be falling on his sword

Of course he won’t.

He has 12 months compensation to get if he’s sacked.

I wouldn’t give that up, neither would you. Why should he?

I don’t even think he’ll be sacked anyway. 

14 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Half the team need duntin along with him , but do you trust the present chairman and board to get the right manager in to replace glass. .

Trust? No not really if truth be told.

Every managerial appointment is a punt really, no matter who you are, but this one patently ain’t working. It’s not even as if the ‘better than the devil you know” card can be played.

But they need to change, sharpish.

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Of course he won’t.

He has 12 months compensation to get if he’s sacked.

I wouldn’t give that up, neither would you. Why should he?

I don’t even think he’ll be sacked anyway. 

He gets that years' pay whether he leaves of his own volition or gets fired. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Are you on the wind up? How can anyone still say he gets to end of season? He has a 12 month payoff regardless of when we sack him. I simply can’t believe people want to give him another few months! If he stays we could go down it’s that bad! 

Well, the way I see it is if the seasons a write off, maybe we could bring in a consultant to help Glass learn from this season?  Playing Devils Advocate here.

As for giving him more time, if he beats St J we are 1 point off 4th, by this time next week we could be in European place and then he's doing what the board expect minus the cup run.  

Id rather have a proven manager in pronto, could Craig Brown do a stint as caretaker until we get in a decent manager?

3 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Trust. No not really if truth be told.

Every managerial appointment is a punt really, no matter who you are, but this one patently ain’t working. It’s not even as if the ‘better than the devil you know” card can be played.

But they need to change, sharpish.

Yep, every appointment is a gamble. The frustration with the Glass appointment was that he only got it because of Cormack knowing him. There was no other serious candidate. 
It will certainly be interesting to see who our esteemed chairman chooses next. Genuinely don’t be surprised if it is Scott Brown. 

dont forget SAF factor. Here in less than 2 weeks. 

either it is cancelled or glass is out in hours

no way are they risking a full blooded protest with him here. Will make every newsfeed in the western world knocking Ukraine and partygate of all news and social media feeds

would imagine that that will make the decision a quick one

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely not if he chooses to walk away & resigns? 

That's the downside of a rolling contact. Only gross misconduct would allow a club to get shot of a manager for free, Otherwise, whether we sack him or he chooses to walk away, he's still due that 12 months salary.

The upside is a club is only ever due that 12 months pay. Imagine if Glass had signed a 3 year 3 months contract when he joined. We'd be due him a lot more cash to fire him. And he would only resign after first negotiating a whopping great pay-off. 

It's swings and roundabouts really. It just limits the clubs' liabilities overall but makes getting rid of a duffer like Glass early a lot easier cost wise

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Feel sorry for him, wanted it to work but he's miles out his depth. Cormack 100% to blame here.

Nae idea what decent manager would want to come in and work under Cormack and Gunn mind you.

That’s a big part of the problem though & the ridiculous time it has taken a lot of the support to come to realise Glass just isn’t up to it. PITY

Which is pathetic IMO. 
No fkn room for sentiment/pity in football 

Fans of Aberdeen have steadily grown soft as shite & far too fkn tolerant of shite

• Upvote 1