Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's the downside of a rolling contact. Only gross misconduct would allow a club to get shot of a manager for free, Otherwise, whether we sack him or he chooses to walk away, he's still due that 12 months salary.

The upside is a club is only ever due that 12 months pay. Imagine if Glass had signed a 3 year 3 months contract when he joined. We'd be due him a lot more cash to fire him. And he would only resign after first negotiating a whopping great pay-off. 

It's swings and roundabouts really. It just limits the clubs' liabilities overall but makes getting rid of a duffer like Glass early a lot easier cost wise

Surely we wouldn't have to fork out if Glass simply decided to jack it. 

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Well, the way I see it is if the seasons a write off, maybe we could bring in a consultant to help Glass learn from this season?  Playing Devils Advocate here.

As for giving him more time, if he beats St J we are 1 point off 4th, by this time next week we could be in European place and then he's doing what the board expect minus the cup run.  

Id rather have a proven manager in pronto, could Craig Brown do a stint as caretaker until we get in a decent manager?

Steady chief…Ninth was an achievement when The GWT last at the helm…Paul Hartley should be given the reigns and Glass booted to fuck…

I do have some sympathy for Glass here. He should never have been given the job.

Cormack needs to take a step back and look at his decision making here. He’s keen and wants the club to do well but putting Gunn and Glass in to jobs has been a mistake and deep down he will know that.

Now is the time to make that difficult decision. Hands up, make the call, and bring in a DoF with football knowledge who can then bring in his own man as manager.

I’d like someone like Darren Fletcher for example who knows the game and is very well respected as DoF.

1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Have maintained from his appointment that career management statistics of 3 wins in 10 and 5 losses in 10 is simply not good enough to be manager of our club.

Cormack get it sorted, and pronto.

The amazing thing is though (other than his 8 game stint as interm at shamrock rovers where he won 4 lost 4 games) this is the best he has ever been in his career as manager. & his loss % is 50% here as well ?

It’s horrific 

The cunts career stats as manager (at EVERY CLUB) has been 50% losses (at fkn best) & that is just ridiculous. 
His loss rate is worse than any manager we have ever had I think. Only MM comes close. 

41 games for Glass with Aberdeen now & he’s lost 20 of them. So if pedantic then not “quite” 50% loss but near as dammit. 
14 fkn wins

career total of 105 games managed & he’s LOST 53 of them ?

Is that what Cormack finds as ‘best candidate’ for the Aberdeen  job? SERIOUSLY? ?

6 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

I do have some sympathy for Glass here. He should never have been given the job.

Cormack needs to take a step back and look at his decision making here. He’s keen and wants the club to do well but putting Gunn and Glass in to jobs has been a mistake and deep down he will know that.

Now is the time to make that difficult decision. Hands up, make the call, and bring in a DoF with football knowledge who can then bring in his own man as manager.

I’d like someone like Darren Fletcher for example who knows the game and is very well respected as DoF.

He works for Man United FFS ?

• Haha 1

He says he won’t quit until he believes he cannot improve our fortunes. 

Considering how low that bar has been set BY HIM & HIS WORK TO DATE then he would have to be a complete shitebag to believe he couldn’t improve us.

Just a pity his beliefs are (& always have been) seriously misplaced 

Just fk off Glass. Accept you are a shite manager & nowhere near Aberdeen job levels. We don’t accept shite. If Glass was a fan watching another manager running the club like this he would 100% want him out & expect him to have the decency to walk if not pushed. He shouldn’t be exempting himself from this judgment 

2 hours ago, El Pacino said:

For clarity, you want Fletcher for DoF or manager?

2 hours ago, El Pacino said:

Wait.. you think we can attract the Technical Director of Man United to Pittodrie?

Have you got Michelle Keegan’s number, I fancy going on a date tomorrow. 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Hopefully the Russians bomb us all to fuck in the next few days and we won't need to worry about such trivial matters.

One of my mates has a favourite expression for when middle eastern countries are throwing up geopolitical hassle - "Just nuke their desert into glass."

I'm now at the stage of "Just nuke Glass into a desert."

12 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's actually worse now, some people just like to claim it's a bold new era and can see progress. 

I'll not be renewing next season if Glass is still here. Although I may have mentioned that 311 times now. 

Goodwin is who I would want. Just like his passion on the touchline, his signings have been way more effective than Glass's this season and on a much lesser budget. Sadly can't see Dave bothering his arse to take stock and action at the lack of progress or entertainment that we were promised.

Broken_Record?

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Some folk have no sense of perspective.  Right now we have the Atlanta reserve coach and a local lad with no experience, as our DoF... we are not going to move from that to recruiting staff from Man United!

Reality check required for many on here.

But.. but.. Shaun Maloney went from the number one ranked national team in world, to Hibernian.

9 hours ago, super_al said:

Glass was let down in January. He did not have the right players 3 weeks ago and he did not have the right players today.

Maybe, but it was his own fault he was needing backed in January anyway.

He had a huge input in the summer window seeing as the recruitment guy wasn’t in place, and the only reason we were needing reinforcements in January was because we signed a heap of shite.

We had the scope to sign just about an entire starting 11 in summer, and instead we signed fucking muck like Gurr, Samuels, JET etc and gave Devlin a new contract when it should have been clear as day they wouldn’t be good enough.

How can the average fan see that but Glass (and Gunn, Cormack) not?