Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think it would be better from a PR point of view if Cormack just said of any future appointments, 'I'm appointing who I feel like appointing, again. There's no interview process.'

Rather than lying about all the potential candidates, and claiming Glass was somehow the best of the bunch. 

We're not all fucking idiots, and being treated like we are is a bit annoying, to say the least. 

They won’t remember 

It's a fucking handful of games into the season you bams, you can't be getting rid of managers after every bad run. Even if that was desired we couldn't afford to do it. you're the types who were at Man Utd when Fergie first went there, teams don't get built overnight. We're hardly getting hammered in games, bad luck cost us a couple.

Now take your crap thread and ram it. He's going nowhere.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Glass will come good, hardly in the door, needs more time. 

Have to respectfully disagree.

The appointment is not working, as many, including me, dreaded.

Dundee game is massive.

Should we lose there is no way back for SG.

ITK or not DC would have to act before our season falls of a cliff.

Ps wouldn't it be so like the thing for Griffiths to score the winner next Saturday evening?

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

It's a fucking handful of games into the season you bams, you can't be getting rid of managers after every bad run. Even if that was desired we couldn't afford to do it. you're the types who were at Man Utd when Fergie first went there, teams don't get built overnight. We're hardly getting hammered in games, bad luck cost us a couple.

He's on a rolling contract, for the reason that he is inexperienced. Very much could we afford to rid ourselves of him. 

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Strangely the Sportsound crew Inc that Hun cunt McIntryre are nae critical of Glass,  ok it suits them to have Aberdeen where they are , but they are all saying that a bit of luck is all we need we aren't far away

Mmm the same pricks said we should stick with stale DM, so their opinion doesn't really count much....

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nonsense. Yes there is. 

No he wouldn't. 

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one and we all, probably, act like one from time to time.

I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me. 

One thing is for sure. Time will tell whether SG will ultimately be successful or not and one of us will be proven right.

I do hope you are right, trust me, but cannot see it happening to be honest.

12 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Strangely the Sportsound crew Inc that Hun cunt McIntryre are nae critical of Glass,  ok it suits them to have Aberdeen where they are , but they are all saying that a bit of luck is all we need we aren't far away

The likes of Charlie Adam, Michael Stewart, Tam McManus et al are personal fwiends of Glasser and are therefore staying supportive. So far. But the usual dinosaur element at Pacific Quay are loading up.

Our own Richard Gordon was against it from the start and he clearly still is. Ange the flange is centre stage at the mo but that will shift to Glass soon enough 

8 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one and we all, probably, act like one from time to time.

I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me. 

One thing is for sure. Time will tell whether SG will ultimately be successful or not and one of us will be proven right.

I do hope you are right, trust me, but cannot see it happening to be honest.

I've not said glass will be successful. I've said I don't think he will be. So I'm not sure what you're on about. 

I was just disagreeing with your exaggerated assessment on the importance of our next match. 

28 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Ferguson had a track record of success, Glass has nothing.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, daytripping said:

With all due respect to you lot here. I've forgotten more about football than some of you will ever know. I see the makings of a good manager, had us playing well in Europe, players short on confidence now just need a kickstart, we'll come good.

Spot on min, although I haven't forgotten much about football, indeed its a fantastic sport that is always opening up new insights 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've not said glass will be successful. I've said I don't think he will be. So I'm not sure what you're on about. 

I was just disagreeing with your exaggerated assessment on the importance of our next match. 

Apologies I misinterpreted your views on Glass.

Don't think my assessment of Dundee match importance in exaggerated. Have seen what losing such matches has done to various club managers over years and, given our very poor run of late, would not be surprised in the slightest if SG lost his job on the back of a defeat.

Like I say time will tell...

A draw or defeat to Dundee won't finish him off I don't think - he'll get the remainder of the month at least, but that will likely mean no wins against Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, at which point it'll be 13 without a win. Even if he gets a win against Dundee and loses the next three it's still utterly horrific form, which must be up there with the worst in the clubs history. No excuse for that. Even a team with a high turnover of players trying to adapt to a new style should be able to pick up significantly more points than we have. He's had about as easy a run of games to start his Aberdeen career as he could possibly have dreamt of and he's made a monumental hash of it. I hope he turns it around, proves us all wrong and wins the next 4 on the bounce, but seems much more likely that we'll lose all 4 based on what I've been watching.

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

With all due respect to you lot here. I've forgotten more about football than some of you will ever know. I see the makings of a good manager, had us playing well in Europe, players short on confidence now just need a kickstart, we'll come good.

We played well in one game v Hacken, when no opposition had seen us play. For 3 minutes it looked like we were going to blow the 2nd leg until they got a red card. 

We then conceded 3 to an Icelandic team with 50 fans. Made Qarabag look like prime Man City although they were a good team.

Granted we looked comfortable against Dundee United. Last minute gimme from the team 10th. Last minute equaliser against the team 11th. I haven't a clue where any optimism is coming from. Worse start than both seasons McGhee had. He simply can't get the balance right to win games. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

A draw or defeat to Dundee won't finish him off I don't think - he'll get the remainder of the month at least, but that will likely mean no wins against Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, at which point it'll be 13 without a win. Even if he gets a win against Dundee and loses the next three it's still utterly horrific form, which must be up there with the worst in the clubs history. No excuse for that. Even a team with a high turnover of players trying to adapt to a new style should be able to pick up significantly more points than we have. He's had about as easy a run of games to start his Aberdeen career as he could possibly have dreamt of and he's made a monumental hash of it. I hope he turns it around, proves us all wrong and wins the next 4 on the bounce, but seems much more likely that we'll lose all 4 based on what I've been watching.

At this present time and present form, there’s no way they will get a win against Rangers , Hibs, or Hearts and   Dundee a defeat there and Cormack should man up and fire him and a few of the muppets he signed, before they go up against Rangers, Hearts , and Hibs. Then the problem will be letting Cormack choose the next manager. !!!!!!!!!!'!!  

53 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

At this present time and present form, there’s no way they will get a win against Rangers , Hibs, or Hearts and   Dundee a defeat there and Cormack should man up and fire him and a few of the muppets he signed, before they go up against Rangers, Hearts , and Hibs. Then the problem will be letting Cormack choose the next manager. !!!!!!!!!!'!!  

They?

I think the biggest problem is every time a player makes a mistake and a team gets a shot on goal it goes in. 
Every time we’ve dropped points the opposition has scored with pretty much every shot on target and we end up getting beat by one goal. Lewis was getting the blame on here, he gets dropped and Celtic beat us 2-1 with two shots on target. 

21 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think the biggest problem is every time a player makes a mistake and a team gets a shot on goal it goes in. 
Every time we’ve dropped points the opposition has scored with pretty much every shot on target and we end up getting beat by one goal. Lewis was getting the blame on here, he gets dropped and Celtic beat us 2-1 with two shots on target. 

Aye but the issue is that we are giving them chances that they can't miss.  Or practically throwing them in ourselves. 

It's nae like they are fluking goals against us.