Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

Just heard he's been sacked. Not sure how true it is but source has never been wrong before. 

They apparently are worried a loss to dundee sees us in a relegation scrap. 

Cormack to stay away and all announcements through the club from this point forth. 

Who do we get in? 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Just heard he's been sacked. Not sure how true it is but source has never been wrong before. 

Cormack to stay away and all announcements through the club from this point forth. 

Who do we get in? 

Put the rod away min. 

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who do we get in? 

Bit early to call it a relegation scrap. 

Come New Year it could be. 

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who do we get in? 

I ken yer fishing, but by fuck how I wish this was true.  It needs to happen now as there is one hell of a mess to sort out. So painful to think about what Glass did with those transfer funds. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Sick of hearing the term "The Glass experiment" 

Stephen Glass is an ex Dandy. He's got experience, albeit not a great deal, as a manager. He's experience of the Scottish game in the past. 

An experiment is having some guy on a fucking laptop calling the shots. Or bringing in someone who's had ZERO connections to the Dons, foreign and has no idea about the Scottish game.  Or having joint managers like a team had recently, which I can't remember off the top of my head. 

Teams bring in people like Glass ALL THE FUCKING TIME. 

I'm not saying the above in a "pro Glass" rant, just that it's hardly an "experiment" to bring in ex players who have had a wee bit of managerial experience. In fact, a lot of the time they bring in guys who haven't had ANY management experience, looking at you Rangers. 

Agree the "The Glass Experiment" doesn't properly convey the situation. 

It should be something like "The Glass Disaster" or "The Glass Clusterfuck" or "Amateur Hour with Stephen Glass" 

6 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I ken yer fishing, but by fuck how I wish this was true.  It needs to happen now as there is one hell of a mess to sort out. So painful to think about what Glass did with those transfer funds. 

Not fishing. Just relaying what I've been told 

By no means am I saying it's 100% true 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well it's either 100% true or 0% true. 

Read what I've said. It could be that he's sacked by Cormack isn't taking a back seat. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

With the lack of experience it is 

There was an experiment a few years back... people wanted to know if a conductor was absolutely necessary for an orchestra, or if the musicians could probably just figure it out for themselves without the need for La Chatte Avec Baton... the original French term for the role. 

With an experienced and talented orchestra, despite a few early missteps, an orchestra would soon identify the tempo, and the various elements of said orchestra would anticipate their cues for themselves. So, in effect, no conductor at all was necessary to the orchestra finding its own rhythm and playing to the expected standard. 

I forget what what my point was , but I'm sure someone clever can figure out what I'm trying to say. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agree the "The Glass Experiment" doesn't properly convey the situation. 

It should be something like "The Glass Disaster" or "The Glass Clusterfuck" or "Amateur Hour with Stephen Glass" 

Ca-Glass-trophe. 

DisGlasster!

Glarsse over Tit!

The HoloGlasst!

The Headlines make themselves.

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There was an experiment a few years back... people wanted to know if a conductor was absolutely necessary for an orchestra, or if the musicians could probably just figure it out for themselves without the need for La Chatte Avec Baton... the original French term for the role. 

With an experienced and talented orchestra, despite a few early missteps, an orchestra would soon identify the tempo, and the various elements of said orchestra would anticipate their cues for themselves. So, in effect, no conductor at all was necessary to the orchestra finding its own rhythm and playing to the expected standard. 

I forget what what my point was , but I'm sure someone clever can figure out what I'm trying to say. 

I like the point 

Tragically, it doesn't apply to our level of football  

5 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Strangely the Sportsound crew Inc that Hun cunt McIntryre are nae critical of Glass,  ok it suits them to have Aberdeen where they are , but they are all saying that a bit of luck is all we need we aren't far away

Stuff it, I'm back

So, when the "weegia" don't criticise mcinnes,  its because he is a pal of theirs

When they don't criticise glass, it's because they want us to be "down"?

Gotcha 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

On the basis of what?…

… he can run fast in a straight line? 

He also appears capable of crossing a ball, which for the last couple of seasons we've seemed barely capable of doing. 

Fast is good, too. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but the issue is that we are giving them chances that they can't miss.  Or practically throwing them in ourselves. 

It's nae like they are fluking goals against us. 

How many times have we been completely outplayed in matches this season. 
It seems to me whenever we make a defensive mistake the other team has always capitalised. We can be pretty solid in a match one mistake one goal against. Cut out the mistakes would be the first thing I’d be trying to do whoever the manager is 

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Stuff it, I'm back

So, when the "weegia" don't criticise mcinnes,  its because he is a pal of theirs

Gotcha 

I agree with you. The weegia did criticise McInnes at the end. 

I actually think Glass has gotten off lightly so far.  Pundits making excuses for him and its pathetic. Some are now starting to realise that they can't continue to try and protect him or they'll end up looking like idiots. 

Anyone in the media criticising the appointment of Glass isn't doing it because they want to put Aberdeen down. Its because its a shite appointment. 

And anyway the two are not comparable, because even at his poorest McInnes was never as a bad as Glass. 

18 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

He also appears capable of crossing a ball, which for the last couple of seasons we've seemed barely capable of doing. 

Fast is good, too. 

Cross a ball? He just leathers it across goal to no-one in particular.

In one game, his misplaced, leathered cross ended up so wide of the mark, the opposition ended up on the attack.

He looks like a headless chicken with no football intelligence to me. 

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, thurso said:

How many times have we been completely outplayed in matches this season. 
It seems to me whenever we make a defensive mistake the other team has always capitalised. We can be pretty solid in a match one mistake one goal against. Cut out the mistakes would be the first thing I’d be trying to do whoever the manager is 

Aye but you're making out that we're unlucky. 

If teams were scoring flukey deflections I might agree with you. 

But we're practically letting them walk the ball into our net. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cross a ball? He just leathers it across goal to no-one in particular.

In one game, his misplaced, leathered cross ended up so wide of the mark, the opposition ended up on the attack.

He looks like a headless chicken with no football intelligence to me. 

A fast wide player who can knock in any kind of ball is an improvement.

Our current wide players include Matty Kennedy, a guy who struggles to even get past his man, and when he does he routinely fails to get in a cross.  He's possibly the least effective wide player we've had since Mackie was employed as ad hoc winger.  Chris Clark was better than Kennedy.

Hayes, who's sitting much too deep to be effective as a persistent attacking threat. 

McGinn, who at this point is little more than emergency backup. 

Hedges, hopefully back soon. But he's not yet. 

McLennan... least said the better. 

Have I missed anyone? Probably, but we're not over-endowed with brilliant wide players right now, so I'll take innacurate crossing over no crossing. 

48 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Stuff it, I'm back

Gotcha 

Yep, agree.

Difficult to leave the bams on this site eh?

59 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I agree with you. The weegia did criticise McInnes at the end. 

I actually think Glass has gotten off lightly so far.  Pundits making excuses for him and its pathetic. Some are now starting to realise that they can't continue to try and protect him or they'll end up looking like idiots. 

Anyone in the media criticising the appointment of Glass isn't doing it because they want to put Aberdeen down. Its because its a shite appointment. 

And anyway the two are not comparable, because even at his poorest McInnes was never as a bad as Glass. 

Correct

However having watched the alex ferguson amazon thing last night, part of me does want to persevere with glass now