Jump to content
WesthillWanderersFC

Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

248 members have voted

  1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

    • Sack him immediately
      78
    • If we lose to Dundee
      47
    • Review at end of October
      62
    • Give him the full season
      64


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Woods must be zero % - tims had two attempts Sunday and scored them both 😂

Was cringing when the front half of the shed were chanting his name. 
 

Fair play to them, mid to late teens trying to make an atmosphere, but sometimes the song choice is horrendous. 
 

Every player doesn't need a song. Especially not these cunts.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fair play to them, mid to late teens trying to make an atmosphere

Fucking little idiots

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Was cringing when the front half of the shed were chanting his name. 
 

Fair play to them, mid to late teens trying to make an atmosphere, but sometimes the song choice is horrendous. 
 

Every player doesn't need a song. Especially not these cunts.

They'll soon get that sort of unwanted enthusiasm crushed. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

They'll soon get that sort of unwanted enthusiasm crushed. 

God knows it's crushed all of us. 
 

I still join in and sing the ones I feel worthy. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

A fast wide player who can knock in any kind of ball is an improvement.

Our current wide players include Matty Kennedy, a guy who struggles to even get past his man, and when he does he routinely fails to get in a cross.  He's possibly the least effective wide player we've had since Mackie was employed as ad hoc winger.  Chris Clark was better than Kennedy.

Hayes, who's sitting much too deep to be effective as a persistent attacking threat. 

McGinn, who at this point is little more than emergency backup. 

Hedges, hopefully back soon. But he's not yet. 

McLennan... least said the better. 

Have I missed anyone? Probably, but we're not over-endowed with brilliant wide players right now, so I'll take innacurate crossing over no crossing. 

Samuel Austin is probably on a par with McLennan. Both are fast headless chickens with little footballing ability or intelligence. Occassionally something comes off for them and they look amazing, but 9 times out of 10 they will run the ball straight off the pitch, trip over their own feet, or balloon a cross out of play or way over everyone's head. Makes his signing a bit pointless, as we already have someone with exactly the same skillset at the club.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Ca-Glass-trophe. 

DisGlasster!

Glarsse over Tit!

The HoloGlasst!

The Headlines make themselves.

 

Ghlasstly 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Move for Goodwin now, then piss Hibs off again in January & get McGrath on pre, then small fee to get him in. 
 

Scot Brown as player assistant manager 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Ghlasstly 

Shart of Glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but you're making out that we're unlucky. 

If teams were scoring flukey deflections I might agree with you. 

But we're practically letting them walk the ball into our net. 

At which point did I say the goals were lucky. Think I mentioned the word mistake a few times.
If I thought we were unlucky I’d have said that but what I did say was cut the mistakes out is the first thing they have to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Ke1t said:

They'll soon get that sort of unwanted enthusiasm crushed. 

Oh aye they certainly will. AFC in the last 25/30 years has done that to lots of folks. Me included.

Share this post


Link to post

What a bloody mess. The club have just annouched that they expect less than 10,000 attendees at the Hibs and Hearts games so won't need to do checks as it falls below 10,000. These are games we should have at least 15,000 at. Is this a statement to appease fans and actually get them attending or we actually expecting less than 10,000 people? 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, slippers said:

What a bloody mess. The club have just annouched that they expect less than 10,000 attendees at the Hibs and Hearts games so won't need to do checks as it falls below 10,000. These are games we should have at least 15,000 at. Is this a statement to appease fans and actually get them attending or we actually expecting less than 10,000 people? 

We had a spell there where we acted like a big club but this is embarassing.

Share this post


Link to post

Probably using this statement as a loophole to avoid checks

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, starryfish said:

We had a spell there where we acted like a big club but this is embarassing.

Wise up 🤣

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Probably using this statement as a loophole to avoid checks

That's exactly what it is. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

So review. at the end of October seems to be the preferred option now. 

What would be the criteria to keep him. Winning one game enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

So review. at the end of October seems to be the preferred option now. 

What would be the criteria to keep him. Winning one game enough?

We have what now appears to be a tough run of matches right up to New Year. 

If he has us in a 'struggling to stave off relegation' position at the end of that run, ie if we occupy a bottom 2 or 3 slot, then I'd install the new manager that we SURELY must have on standby. 

If we're round about mid table, let him see out the season, then reassess. 

If there's no real improvement, oot the door.. but If he wins us the league I'd keep him. 

Edited by Ke1t

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

So review. at the end of October seems to be the preferred option now. 

What would be the criteria to keep him. Winning one game enough?

October is an arbitrary timeline chosen by those who wish to reflect the worst likely situation given the schedule.

At least giving till the end of the year sees us pass the halfway point in the season and you’ll get a truer reflection on where we’re going to be battling for the run in. (Relegation, mid-table obscurity or battling for Europe)

That’s not an option in the poll though, so it’s flawed

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't read but voted review end of October. Give him a chance to face every team but his performance against the 'worst' doesn't bode well

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

October is an arbitrary timeline chosen by those who wish to reflect the worst likely situation given the schedule. 

I want him out now. But those who want to review after October haven't chosen an arbitrary timeline - it will be after he has had a full round of games in the League. 

Maybe not yourself, but plenty of people have always said that after the first 11 games is a good time to judge the league. 

There is no rhyme nor reason to give him to the end of the year other than desperation that he can somehow turn it around (he can't). 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, super_al said:

I hate to see this forum if we loose to Dundee.

We are getting beat by anyone we face at the moment….Dundee will be no different. Cormack isn’t going to fire his pal. He would rather see us relegated than ditch Glass.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We are getting beat by anyone we face at the moment….Dundee will be no different. Cormack isn’t going to fire his pal. He would rather see us relegated than ditch Glass.

Utter drivel.

Shut up. 

AH SEYS SHUT UP! 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

October is an arbitrary timeline chosen by those who wish to reflect the worst likely situation given the schedule.

At least giving till the end of the year sees us pass the halfway point in the season and you’ll get a truer reflection on where we’re going to be battling for the run in. (Relegation, mid-table obscurity or battling for Europe)

That’s not an option in the poll though, so it’s flawed

Disagree completely.

If we have a bad October & go 13 without a win there are another NINE games before the year end.

So you’d want to wait until 22 league games in (I think?) before sacking him?

Thats far too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Utter drivel.

Shut up. 

AH SEYS SHUT UP! 

Cormack is in hiding. He will appear once we have been relegated to tell us we don’t need Covid passports any longer for the new division we are in and him, Glass and Gunn are working hard in securing our long term future whilst trying to play attacking aggressive football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disagree completely.

If we have a bad October & go 13 without a win there are another NINE games before the year end.

So you’d want to wait until 22 league games in (I think?) before sacking him?

Thats far too late. 

In this new corporate employment world that we all live in (those of us lucky to still have jobs) we are all being constantly monitored, assessed, 1-1s, performance management and all that shit. Especially American companies.

Cormack will be into all that shit. Mate or no mate, Glass will be getting scrutinised closely due to the match day and corporate financial implications, which are dropping like a stone. 

When you get to a situation of a must win game, you’re already fucked. Cos even if you win it, there’s always another obstacle just round the corner. People talk about Ferguson at Man U in the FA Cup in 1990 but that was a one off. Ordinarily, when you get to this situation, you’re already fucked
 

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Cormack is in hiding. He will appear once we have been relegated to tell us we don’t need Covid passports any longer for the new division we are in and him, Glass and Gunn are working hard in securing our long term future whilst trying to play attacking aggressive football. 

Stop typing shite. 

You’re as funny as woodworm in a cripple’s crutch 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

To save his job he needs to at very least pick up 7 out of 12 points minimum against Dundee, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. If we don't beat Dundee I think its enough to sack him. If we lose to Dundee I think things could get so ugly he has little choice.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, slippers said:

To save his job he needs to at very least pick up 7 out of 12 points minimum against Dundee, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. If we don't beat Dundee I think its enough to sack him. If we lose to Dundee I think things could get so ugly he has little choice.

Raith Rovers was the early warning flag, but was recoverable from. 

Ross County at home soon after and the shit starts to get real.

And then the 4 games since……

As I said, he’s already staring at the precipice and if he can turn this round, kudos to him.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Stop typing shite. 

You’re as funny as woodworm in a cripple’s crutch 

He’s not. That is funny.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...