Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The Green Final was great back in the day. 

However you've dodged the question. 

Does having the most possession have any value if you are getting beaten most games?  

How can I dodge a question you didn’t ask in the post I replied to? :dontknow:

Yes, yes, I agree, the result is the ultimate statistic and whilst generally possession is a great indicator of the better team who will likely win more than the opposition, it is a stat that can mean nothing if you concede to counter attack goals

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Having possession doesn't matter if you're regularly losing. 

100% agree possession doesn’t win you games but we ain’t getting outplayed in games.

As I tried to point out before to you and you tried to say I was trying to imply we were just unlucky with the goals we are letting in, but in my view  it should be quite easy to turn this run of losses around as the goals we are letting in isn’t because teams are playing through us or playing us of the park. It’s because of mistakes and mistakes should be the easiest thing to stop happening. Sadly lately it hasn’t worked out like that and every mistake the team makes is leading to a goal against. 

Just now, thurso said:

100% agree possession doesn’t win you games but we ain’t getting outplayed in games.

As I tried to point out before to you and you tried to say I was trying to imply we were just unlucky with the goals we are letting in, but in my view  it should be quite easy to turn this run of losses around as the goals we are letting in isn’t because teams are playing through us or playing us of the park. It’s because of mistakes and mistakes should be the easiest thing to stop happening. Sadly lately it hasn’t worked out like that and every mistake the team makes is leading to a goal against. 

Do you not think teams have worked out how to play us? 

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The Green Final was great back in the day. 

However you've dodged the question. 

Does having the most possession have any value if you are getting beaten most games?  

Generally it is a good thing, because the expectation is that by holding the ball you control the game. 

In our case that doesn't appear to be the case. Much of our possession doesn't bare a truly incisive threat.

1 minute ago, thurso said:

And how is it they play against us

I think they are generally happy for us to have possession as we don't hurt teams with it if they are reasonably organised. 

They wait for us to double up wide leaving space in midfield and behind the full backs.  Normally leaving their sitting midfielder and a wide player in space. 

Then when we inevitably lose possession the ball goes into midfield then wide and off they go. 

Then our centre backs are exposed, our full backs and our relatively slow midfielders are turned and chasing back towards goal in a race with their attacking players to get to our goal first. 

It's just too easy to break against us. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think they are generally happy for us to have possession as we don't hurt teams with it if they are reasonably organised. 

They wait for us to double up wide leaving space in midfield and behind the full backs.  Normally leaving their sitting midfielder and a wide player in space. 

Then when we inevitably lose possession the ball goes into midfield then wide and off they go. 

Then our centre backs are exposed, our full backs and our relatively slow midfielders are turned and chasing back towards goal in a race with their attacking players to get to our goal first. 

Ok that’s a fair point if teams were scoring like that on the break against us every week and cutting us open but from my recollection, on Sunday Celtic’s two goals, first was mistake from bates for not heading it clear, second was mistake from hayes not tracking the full backs run into the box when everyone was back defending. 
St Johnston game mistakes from Ramsey and Gallagher, May got the ball no one closed him he shot goal. 
Even st mirren game 2 of the 3 goals weren’t from them cutting us open they were from mistakes from Lewis and jenks getting sent off for a soft yellow then a mistake for going in for the second yellow, in a game we were in total control of until he got sent off 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yup. Aberdeen's possession of the ball is the smoke and mirrors which is tricking some people into thinking "we're not far away". 

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Try Tenable instead as you sound like a hun infiltrator min.

You were doing well in the conversation then you collapsed under slight pressure by reference of hun. It’s a sign of weakness to call a fellow Don a hun when being outsmarted. 
Keep in touch with yourself though…..keep it nice though.

• Upvote 1

Alan Titchmarsh for manager. He’s good at clearing out weeds and bar Broonie that is what the team consists of. No spine, aggression or passion. Utter pish.

27 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fuck you Cormack. Empty words. Empty words. Fucking snake oil salesman. 

Looking forward to his tweet after 9 league games, the deluded, smarmy twat....

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I see one of the replies is asking when the Q and A is.   

He's gone very quiet on that.  Not that he's got anything to worry about anyway as they'd vet and manipulate the questions like they did last time. 

Totally agree Ernie.

Have you eaten any rowies recently is a question likely to make the cut.

Feckin' farce.... 

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

We have scored less than the opposition in most matches glass has played

So, yes we have been outplayed

The sport is about scoring more goals than the opposition

Thats it

Aye maybe so.

But one of the best methods of creating and preventing goals is by being good in posession.

Its the biggest instrument any team has.

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

We have scored less than the opposition in most matches glass has played

So, yes we have been outplayed

The sport is about scoring more goals than the opposition

Thats it

Agreed, always has been the case.

You don't win feck all when you score less than the opposition.

More shots on goal, more corners, dominating possession doesn't mean diddly squat if the other team scores more goals.

As MT says that's it!!

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Top teams are all extremely good in posession. Its part of the game.

There is nothing blinding me pal.

Cheers for the suggestion though.

It's one part of the game. Scoring and defending are other significant parts. 

That top teams are good in possession is kinda a given, but us passing the ball from side to side in the centre of the park doesn't amount to much. 

Seriously, if you get the chance go and check the possession stats from the Craig Brown 9th place era.  I remember thinking as you do now, that it was gonna click any minute, but it never did. 

Can't see the wood for the trees. 

16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It's one part of the game. Scoring and defending are other significant parts. 

That top teams are good in possession is kinda a given, but us passing the ball from side to side in the centre of the park doesn't amount to much. 

Seriously, if you get the chance go and check the possession stats from the Craig Brown 9th place era.  I remember thinking as you do now, that it was gonna click any minute, but it never did. 

Can't see the wood for the trees. 

Absolutely no way am i getting drawn into some pointless, mind numbing, boring as fuck debate about football bud.