Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This is as good as a vote of confidence as you’ll get just now…

Cormack, to use an Americanism he'd understand, screwed the pooch when he appointed Glass... and regardless of ambiguous, vague Tweets, he's going to have to accept that sooner or later and do something about it.  

I suspect we'll draw in Dundee, but surely a defeat there... heading into a hellish sequence of ties... will set us up for an end of year horror show.

And not the good kind of horror show, where Elvira's jiggling her titties as she tries to escape cheeky cartoon monsters that are trying to shag her.

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Top teams are all extremely good in posession. Its part of the game.

There is nothing blinding me pal.

Cheers for the suggestion though.

Leicester City won the Premier League with relatively low possession stats in most games. Their tactics hitting teams on the counter attack won most games.

I don't have possession stats from the Fergie era but do recall that we had a brilliant counter attacking style in many games, using Weir and Strachan on the flanks.

In other words it's not about how much possession a team has it is was they do with the possession when they have it.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

This is as good as a vote of confidence as you’ll get just now…

Similar to the comms when he cancelled the q and a during the McInnes end days.

Surprised it wasn't a picture of himself in an Aberdeen shirt with the caption saying new centre back signing, best days in the 70s but great teeth! 

49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

We have scored less than the opposition in most matches glass has played

So, yes we have been outplayed

The sport is about scoring more goals than the opposition

Thats it

Yes it’s about scoring more than the opposition but just because they won doesn’t mean we were out played. Celtic never even outplayed us last weekend. When Iv watched Celtic outplay us we’ve lost 7-0 and the goalie still had a few dames to make or it would of been 10. That’s being outplayed.

In the losses, the games have been very even and it’s the defensive fuck ups that are making us loose by the odd goal. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Similar to the comms when he cancelled the q and a during the McInnes end days.

Surprised it wasn't a picture of himself in an Aberdeen shirt with the caption saying new centre back signing, best days in the 70s but great teeth! 

True (the McInnes comments). 

But it doesn’t sound like someone who’s about to sack Glass though.

Sounds like he’s getting a bit more time to me. 

12 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Unfortunately it does sound like Glass is going to get the chance to relegate us after all. 

Perhaps. But it reads like it's starting to dawn on him that we're in the shit. Football clubs, with good managers, players and a good setups who are going through a simple sticky patch don't make noises like that. 

It's not just a sticky patch, and Dave has let slip that he's starting to realise it. 

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Perhaps. But it reads like it's starting to dawn on him that we're in the shit. Football clubs, with good managers, players and a good setups who are going through a simple sticky patch don't make noises like that. 

It's not just a sticky patch, and Dave has let slip that he's starting to realise it. 

Yep. He's done just that, whilst encouraging others to start talking about the manager...

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just need Zoe to tweet how much she is suffering being the only Aberdeen fan in a house full of Huns and the work will be complete. 

Aye Rob using the classic vague buzz word that is "transition".  Signing off with "Keep the (blind) faith"

Also says that "Every club goes through a transition at some point and this happens to be our moment" but obviously fails to mention that 99.9% of the time it ends with the manager being punted. 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Yes it’s about scoring more than the opposition but just because they won doesn’t mean we were out played. Celtic never even outplayed us last weekend. When Iv watched Celtic outplay us we’ve lost 7-0 and the goalie still had a few dames to make or it would of been 10. That’s being outplayed.

In the losses, the games have been very even and it’s the defensive fuck ups that are making us loose by the odd goal. 

You really need to grasp this mate

You play football to score goals

If you score less than the opposition, you have been outplayed

Simple 

If you play someone at draughts and take 30 seconds between shots, your opposition takes 4 seconds between shots and ends up removing all of your pieces from the board

Who outplayed who?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Allegedly our first team played Arbroath in a closed door game. Got beat 3 1!! As I say cant see anything online but thats the result!! Surely no...

Stop being negative. Surely the most important thing is if we managed to have lots of possession passing the ball about in the middle of the park. Does anyone know if we managed to do this? 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Stop being negative. Surely the most important thing is if we managed to have lots of possession passing the ball about in the middle of the park. Does anyone know if we managed to do this? 

Apparently you could see what they were trying to do. It just didn't come off but there were lots of improvements and we weren't outplayed. 3 individual errors cost us. 

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just need Zoe to tweet how much she is suffering being the only Aberdeen fan in a house full of Huns and the work will be complete. 

Amanda Stavely just said about the takeover at Newcastle that investment is required but also it needs time and patience in their pursuit of being successful.

Its the same with us, the fans need time and patience to allow the transition to bear fruit.

If you end up chopping and changing managers after only 8 games of a season, we’ll never be successful

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Amanda Stavely just said about the takeover at Newcastle that investment is required but also it needs time and patience in their pursuit of being successful.

Its the same with us, the fans need time and patience to allow the transition to bear fruit.

If you end up chopping and changing managers after only 8 games of a season, we’ll never be successful

How do you like your rowies? 

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think she was talking about time and patience for Newcastle to get to the top, and that the fans are gonna have to wait for this. 

She certainly did not imply that their performances and results would fall off a cliff under the guidance of an inexperienced manager who frivolously wasted their new found wealth on sub standard players.  

At least I don't think she implied that, but I guess "opinions" and all that so you may have picked her up differently from me. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I think she was talking about time and patience for Newcastle to get to the top, and that the fans are gonna have to wait for this. 

She certainly did not imply that there performances and results would fall off a cliff under the guidance of an inexperienced manager who frivolously wasted their new found wealth on sub standard players.  

At least I don't think she implied that, but I guess "opinions" and all that so you may have picked her up differently from me. 

I’m surprised so many just want to give up and have no fight in them.

If Glass can’t turn it around, then he’ll get sacked. 8 games is pitiful lack of patience or support for the team