Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Stop being negative. Surely the most important thing is if we managed to have lots of possession passing the ball about in the middle of the park. Does anyone know if we managed to do this? 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently it’s clear to everyone “the direction we’re going in” & “what we’re trying to do”. 

Come on lads, are you really getting in a tiz about a rumoured result that’s not confirmed and you didn’t see

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m surprised so many just want to give up and have no fight in them.

If Glass can’t turn it around, then he’ll get sacked. 8 games is pitiful lack of patience or support for the team

That's spin. He's had 20 games and lost half of them. 

Just like he lost half his games at Shamrock. 

More than half his games at Atlanta 2

And more than half his games at Atlanta. 

His career average is just over a goal scored per game and almost 2 conceded per game. 

This has been pretty consistent at all clubs including at Aberdeen.  His career win rate in almost 100 games is 28% which is pretty much on par with his record here. 

Despite the propaganda about attacking football his teams don't score any more goals per game than a McInnes team did but concede about twice as much. 

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m surprised so many just want to give up and have no fight in them.

If Glass can’t turn it around, then he’ll get sacked. 8 games is pitiful lack of patience or support for the team

We have fight in us, but under Glass there is nothing to fight for other than to keep him in a job for a little bit longer. 

Why fight to maintain a situation that is NEVER going to come close to delivering success? Why fight to maintain a situation that is putting us backwards.  No, we fight to fix it. 

Be honest with yourself. Consider the fact that Cormack brags about us having the 3rd biggest budget and then against this backdrop consider Glass performance in the summer.  Are you honestly comfortable allowing him to start preparing for  and then spending cash in Jan? Transfers are what will keep us fucked up long term as we will be stuck with shite players on wages they have no chance of achieving elsewhere. 

He has failed at every aspect of management. Transfers, tactics and team selection and every now and then there is the odd comment in your posts that indicate that you know this. Its not a case of one part being missing for it to click i.e. The one missing piece of the puzzle. He has failed in everything.   Why would we fight to keep someone like that in place? 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

We have fight in us, but under Glass there is nothing to fight for other than to keep him in a job for a little bit longer. 

Why fight to maintain a situation that is NEVER going to come close to delivering success? Why fight to maintain a situation that is putting us backwards.  No, we fight to fix it. 

Be honest with yourself. Consider the fact that Cormack brags about us having the 3rd biggest budget and then against this backdrop consider Glass performance in the summer.  Are you honestly comfortable allowing him to start preparing for  and then spending cash in Jan? Transfers are what will keep us fucked up long term as we will be stuck with shite players on wages they have no chance of achieving elsewhere. 

He has failed at every aspect of management. Transfers, tactics and team selection and every now and then there is the odd comment in your posts that indicate that your know this. Its not a case of one part being missing for it to click. He has failed in everything.   Why would we fight to keep someone like that in place? 

I am honest with myself, I am willing to give him more time. I thought that was obvious by now.

You want him gone, who do you want DC to bring in to replace?

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I am honest with myself, I am willing to give him more time. I thought that was obvious by now.

You want him gone, who do you want DC to bring in to replace?

Alex Neil make it happen. If Neil insists he has no interest, then maybe appoint someone who we know can do a decent job up here, so we stop the rot. 

I actually think Glass has fucked the squad. We need to get this sorted. 

I'm not opposed to an up and coming manager, but it has to be done properly.

Fair enough you want to give him time, which I've said before is nothing if not noble and no one can say you're not being fair to Glass, but I think you know he's not the man - you just need a little bit more certainty than the rest of us. 

• Like 1
Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

8 league games since he’s had the opportunity to recruit players .

The end of last season surely was used to assess the squad and what he can work with., so yes, it’s only 8 league games post his first window opportunity to change the team

He’d been assessing the squad for months before his appointment was announced. He said so himself on day 1 before clumsily trying to correct himself after he realised he’d revealed the prawcess. He’s a fucking halfwit.

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's spin. He's had 20 games and lost half of them. 

Just like he lost half his games at Shamrock. 

More than half his games at Atlanta 2

And more than half his games at Atlanta. 

His career average is just over a goal scored per game and almost 2 conceded per game. 

This has been pretty consistent at all clubs including at Aberdeen.  His career win rate in almost 100 games is 28% which is pretty much on par with his record here. 

Despite the propaganda about attacking football his teams don't score any more goals per game than a McInnes team did but concede about twice as much. 

That sums it up pretty well.

The thing is, most of us saw this coming. 

The little track record he had (one that clearly wasn’t enough to make him Dons boss) showed us this was more than likely.

Cormack & Wicks will see things go pretty toxic with 2,000 boozed up fans at Dens if things go badly. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye Rob using the classic vague buzz word that is "transition".  Signing off with "Keep the (blind) faith"

Also says that "Every club goes through a transition at some point and this happens to be our moment" but obviously fails to mention that 99.9% of the time it ends with the manager being punted. 

Also quoting aTory cunt in his tweet, a Tory that’s now Director General of the BB fucking C. 

Cormack & Wicks are both indirectly acknowledging that things are going Pete Tong by tweeting these messages of support. 

They’d have been better saying nothing. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Also quoting aTory cunt in his tweet, a Tory that’s now Director General of the BB fucking C. 

Cormack & Wicks are both indirectly acknowledging that things are going Pete Tong by tweeting these messages of support. 

They’d have been better saying nothing. 

Yep. These tweets say a lot...

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The recruitment has been a disorganised, scattergun clusterfuck. 

A bloated squad with about 3-4 players too many in numbers, yet we’re short in 2-3 positions. 

Complete shambles. 

A decent coach would have made 4or 5 key signings in the right positions and would have got the better players still in our squad motivated again after them being on East Street with Mcinnes phoning it in for the last year or so. 

That's the thing that grates the most. A good coach will get more out of previously underperforming players fairly quickly.  They don't need time. 

Look at Atlanta even. After deciding Glass wasn't up to the job permanently they brought in Heinze who also made a cunt of it. Half way through the season they brought the new guy in and he's getting wins most weeks after a fairly short time in charge with the same squad.  Nobody is saying he has inherited a bad gig from Heinze and hasn't been able to bring in his own players and needs time. He's obviously just a better coach and motivator. 

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

You really need to grasp this mate

You play football to score goals

If you score less than the opposition, you have been outplayed

Simple 

If you play someone at draughts and take 30 seconds between shots, your opposition takes 4 seconds between shots and ends up removing all of your pieces from the board

Who outplayed who?

Wow that draughts comparison is one of the strangest things Iv read on her so far 

11 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Amanda Stavely just said about the takeover at Newcastle that investment is required but also it needs time and patience in their pursuit of being successful.

Its the same with us, the fans need time and patience to allow the transition to bear fruit.

If you end up chopping and changing managers after only 8 games of a season, we’ll never be successful

Your final paragraph holds true in most cases.

However Diamond Dave's buddy does not have the experience or skillset to allow this transition to bear fruit.

Really, really frustrating this has been allowed to happen. There was a glorious chance to improve things post DM, which egotistic DC has fecked up good and proper.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the first team played 11 dustbins in midweek, and got beat 4-0?

However the 90% possession stats will surely please the management team..  

Seriously we should be going to Dundee with the clear intention of grinding out an ugly 1-0 victory. A clean sheet and three points would do us no harm at all.

But will our inexperienced manager employ such tactics or continue to employ the bamboozling approach he has used so far?

13 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Nae played since you were a kid then. Was it cause you were shite and just gave up.

I haven’t lost a game of tiddlywinks in 40 years either.

? I have recently found a chess game on SKY apps thanks to my youngest son. It was okay but still never had me sweating. I am playing my son nearly every day and he is desperate to beat me. Better letting kids learn the hard way and appreciate the victory once they get there.

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe the end of October in the poll might be the one.

The pressure is certainly mounting on Glass

14 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Perhaps. But it reads like it's starting to dawn on him that we're in the shit. Football clubs, with good managers, players and a good setups who are going through a simple sticky patch don't make noises like that. 

It's not just a sticky patch, and Dave has let slip that he's starting to realise it. 

I really hope Glass has learned from this current predicament we are in. After the international break we come back refreshed and start building a momentum up whilst winning matches. If it’s more of the same then it’s only a matter of time before we cut our losses.

12 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Amanda Stavely just said about the takeover at Newcastle that investment is required but also it needs time and patience in their pursuit of being successful.

Its the same with us, the fans need time and patience to allow the transition to bear fruit.

If you end up chopping and changing managers after only 8 games of a season, we’ll never be successful

Even when it's as clear as day the manager is miles out of his depth?

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Millertime said:

If you play someone at draughts and take 30 seconds between shots, your opposition takes 4 seconds between shots and ends up removing all of your pieces from the board

Who outplayed who?

Well as long as you don't land on a snake or a ladder and make the right substitutions at key moments in the game it will probably depend on whoever scores the most checkmates. 

Regarding the earlier posts about us dominating possession- yes, purely per the stats we dominate possession, but no wonder when we pass the ball back and forth across the back line, often making little or no progress and many times passing it back to the keeper who lumps it up the field. Dominating possession is all well and good if you use that domination to produce something effective at the end of it. We don’t.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Arbroath 3 Aberdeen 1

Not sure who scored but it was

Woods

Hancock Bates Gallagher Campbell

Mcgeough Jenks Longstaff

Hayes Jet Samuels

It would be an unlikely starting 11 for us barring a fair few injuries but it's definitely an 11 we could finish a match with after substitutions have been made.

Horrific result

2 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Regarding the earlier posts about us dominating possession- yes, purely per the stats we dominate possession, but no wonder when we pass the ball back and forth across the back line, often making little or no progress and many times passing it back to the keeper who lumps it up the field. Dominating possession is all well and good if you use that domination to produce something effective at the end of it. We don’t.

Exactly min. 

Possession stats are useless without additional context.