292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Scott Brown as manager? Surely not. 
He has even less coaching experience than Glass.

They might do that on an interim basis. Him & Barry Robson maybe.

But I’d think that would be temporary until a permanent replacement was found. 

Here’s hoping we can somehow get 9 or 10 points out the next 12 to make the thread redundant (nae laughing at the back now!). 

It's what I think will happen. It's obviously not my preference but I think with whatever pay off McInnes got (or if he's still on the payroll as some say) plus the year's salary due to Glass on the day he gets sacked, we won't have megabucks to throw at it (thus ruling out Neil who might have been persuaded if we offered him a salary that would match what he could get in the English Championship). Who the experienced assistant might be is anyone's guess. Yogi Hughes maybe? (put the guns away, just thinking of someone experienced)

2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

You’ve got to have a serious mentality problem if you think what’s been on offer this season is acceptable. Root cause is glass, I’ve got no doubt about that. 

There's now 12 people apparently happy for this to carry on for a full season. 

But at least 9 of them must be on the wind up. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's what I think will happen. It's obviously not my preference but I think with whatever pay off McInnes got (or if he's still on the payroll as some say) plus the year's salary due to Glass on the day he gets sacked, we won't have megabucks to throw at it (thus ruling out Neil who might have been persuaded if we offered him a salary that would match what he could get in the English Championship). Who the experienced assistant might be is anyone's guess. Yogi Hughes maybe? (put the guns away, just thinking of someone experienced)

Don't rule out Lennon coming in as a temporary assistant to help his old mucker out. 

If we sacked a failing rookie manager and replaced him with a guy who has zero managerial experience then we'd deserve to fucking implode. 

"Hey, this inexperienced rookie's fucking everything up! what do we do?!?!"

"I know, let's replace him with this guy who's never even BEEN a manager!"

"DOOOOO IT!!!!!"

As spectacularly bad an idea as that is, you can't say with any conviction they wouldn't do exactly that. 

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Yogi would be another I’d be glad to welcome to the club. Bloody great bloke.

If we're persevering with Glass for any longer than until tomorrow morning (that's when I want him out), then we absolutely should be looking at announcing an experienced assistant manager to provide input to this ongoing experiment. Yogi would be a reasonable candidate for that role.

Sadly available types are not particularly inspiring, especially as they would then become the caretaker boss when Glass eventually does get his jotters.

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If we sacked a failing rookie manager and replaced him with a guy who has zero managerial experience then we'd deserve to fucking implode. 

"Hey, this inexperienced rookie's fucking everything up! what do we do?!?!"

"I know, let's replace him with this guy who's never even BEEN a manager!"

"DOOOOO IT!!!!!"

As spectacularly bad an idea as that is, you can't say with any conviction they wouldn't do exactly that. 

IF we bin glass, cormack surely isn't daft enough to bring another untried type. Surely

surely

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

IF we bin glass, cormack surely isn't daft enough to bring another untried type. Surely

surely

Cormack has created multiple companies, and sold one of them at least for close to a billion dollars. 

He's not a stupid man, clearly. 

If wealth creation is a measure of intelligence, then it's likely that his thought processes are so far above the likes of we mere monkey-people that everything he does is a stroke of genius, and we're sitting here scratching our little simian heads because we just don't have the mental capacity to comprehend the schemes and machinations that go on in his mind. 

But then you have him appointing Glass against all good sense...

Surely cormack cannot let this dwindle on for the season and leave it until next summer,  we have European spot to play for and if he keep going at this then it will be gone before Christmas then we have to play catch up. I think glass is lucky he has a chance to play Dundee away to get the win to ease pressure because if it was gers, hibs and hearts in a row then lose all 3 or no win in any, he would surely get his jotters handed to him. To think we had a chance with the first 7-8 fixtures to be where hibs and hearts are and every seat would’ve been filled today at pittodrie. 

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Cormack has created multiple companies, and sold one of them at least for close to a billion dollars. 

He's not a stupid man, clearly. 

If wealth creation is a measure of intelligence, then it's likely that his thought processes are so far above the likes of we mere monkey-people that everything he does is a stroke of genius, and we're sitting here scratching our little simian heads because we just don't have the mental capacity to comprehend the schemes and machinations that go on in his mind. 

But then you have him appointing Glass against all good sense...

Yes.

37 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’d change my vote to sack immediately if that was possible. I’m on the Yogi bus as of now.

Oh Dear Me.

If he did end up here, he’d be at the biggest club in his whole managerial career. I don’t think his material career warrants getting that opportunity and there a reason he’s not been offered anything decent since he was let go from Hibs

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Oh Dear Me.

If he did end up here, he’d be at the biggest club in his whole managerial career. I don’t think his material career warrants getting that opportunity and there a reason he’s not been offered anything decent since he was let go from Hibs

What's glass done ?

15 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I can't bear the thought of thick as shit Hughes anywhere near the club,  surely to fuck there is better option out there, 

Dick Campbell!!!

I used to think that but I'd take him in as an experienced head to help out just now. I'd even accept him as manager in the short term if it meant getting shot of Glass. He knows his shit and can set a team up to get results.