Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

How many ex Dons team mates of Glass do you think the Record trawled round before picking up Hetherston?

Clearly, the boy is down on his luck and needed the £100 he got bunged for that piece of shit article.

I bet they did the rounds,  He's probably been hounded out of the game after his comments about women in football.  

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Well going by what Cormack and Glass have been saying recently, about the coaching staff working long hours, in at 7am and leaving late, them having to do all the recruitment as the guy in that job was "off sick" for months and the new recruiter wasn't in till late, and the pressure of the results, i';m not surprised he's feeling it and visible on his face. 

It took years off McInnes as well. 

He's in that early to try and figure out what he's doing wrong, as he's panicking about losing his job 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

No doubt about that, looking grey as fuck too, in the hair dept and facially.

DC won’t be happy if and when Glass chucks the towel in, given his financial and emotional investment. But I’m sure they can come up with some contrived explanation or other; eg, kids health being affected, which is the explanation DC gave us in 2001 for his own hasty return to USA.

Yeah, that's what I reckon will happen. Some BS story to keep everyone's egos happy

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The bit about Glass wasn’t right but just about everything else was. 

He’s not said anything that the majority on here haven’t already said.

The quicker this is all over the better, as he’s not got the capabilities to turn this around.

His past record, and the fact we are getting worse, with no sign of improvement, shows that. 

Cormack’s defence is admirable, but rabble rousing on the radio & calling McIntyre a hun bastard (whilst good) isn’t going to change my opinion that we have a head coach who’s out of his depth & slowly drowning. 

Fully agree WW however the only bit I would change is slowly drowning, to well out his depth. Cormack tried a new management team without any experience, this will come back and bite him. I personally reckon SG will be sacked in time for the new manager to make changes to the bloated squad in January. It was an imaginative idea, however fuckin doomed without an experienced assistant to guide them.

6 hours ago, DD1903 said:

All this is moot. From reading glass' latest comments, it appears he intends to stay on, and Dave isn't for sacking him, clearly. we're stuck with him...

Also, he looks bloody terrible - drawn in, tired, massive dark rings under his eyes. feeling the pressure.

Maybe if we all get behind him and the team against the Hibs,he might feel and look a bit better?

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Fully agree WW however the only bit I would change is slowly drowning, to well out his depth. Cormack tried a new management team without any experience, this will come back and bite him. I personally reckon SG will be sacked in time for the new manager to make changes to the bloated squad in January. It was an imaginative idea, however fuckin doomed without an experienced assistant to guide them.

And I’d fully agree with you, the only bit I’d change is the “imaginative idea” but.

I saw it coming about 12 months before it did, as did quite a few others. It was also madness based on his record at Atlanta. 

All he’s doing is proving the majority right. 

Frunkie Buoy McAvennie claiming that senior players in our squad “don’t like” Stephen Glass

Open season on AFC just now, and to be expected.

Really hope we can hump Hibs this weekend and shut these cunts up. The Glass situation will take care of itself in the fullness of time.

If that is him guessing then he should keep his fucking nose out of it. 

If he had heard something from the senior players then that is a different story. 

Frunkie Buoy McAvennie claiming that senior players in our squad “don’t like” Stephen Glass

Open season on AFC just now, and to be expected.

Really hope we can hump Hibs this weekend and shut these cunts up. The Glass situation will take care of itself in the fullness of time.

Derek Ferguson telling him tales I wonder 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Frank McAvennie is a an embarrassing monstrosity. Surely nobody takes him seriously 

I doubt very much if he's just pulled that little nugget out of thin air. So I believe it will be true that someone has told him it's the case. 

There would be 3 possible sources that spring to mind instantly. Given that Glass brought Brown with him very publicly, you would have discount that particular one. And Hayes just seems like far too nice a guy to get himself involved in it (and wasn't at Celtic all that long so doubtful he'd know Frankie Boy nearly as well as Brown would)

So all roads then lead to Ferguson via his good old pater. He's rapidly become a toxic presence and best we get him sold in January but even then he'll certainly outlast Glass

10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Frunkie Buoy McAvennie

Topical.

2 months ago I went to St Raphael hospital in Larnaka, to get my medical for the company taking over our contract in Iraq.

I walked into his office, first thing he said:

"You Scottish".

I said "of course".

"You like the football, you know Frank Macavennie?"

Er, aye.

"He's my mate".

Then whipped oot photie of him and Macavennie from some pub down Finikoudes. ?

Apparently he was a West Ham fan.

When we got around to doing the medical, despite scales and measuring height thing being apparent, he just asked me my weight and height, then "do you feel healthy, no problems?".

Then signed the medical off.

LOL

34 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Topical.

2 months ago I went to St Raphael hospital in Larnaka, to get my medical for the company taking over our contract in Iraq.

I walked into his office, first thing he said:

"You Scottish".

I said "of course".

"You like the football, you know Frank Macavennie?"

Er, aye.

"He's my mate".

Then whipped oot photie of him and Macavennie from some pub down Finikoudes. ?

Apparently he was a West Ham fan.

When we got around to doing the medical, despite scales and measuring height thing being apparent, he just asked me my weight and height, then "do you feel healthy, no problems?".

Then signed the medical off.

LOL

He didnt say if he was the boy duped McAvennie into thinking there was a boat moored up somewhere with unclaimed treasure on board?

I think Frank is trying to play mind games with the Dons by suggesting senior players don’t like the manager. Let’s be honest….how the hell would he know unless he was nicking one of their burds? 
We should get King Joey to state in the rags that it’s a disgrace that Celtic are not forking out for their child abuse claims and after the antics of Leigh Griffiths recently any player at that club should be deeply ashamed of themselves and their kids for playing for such a club.

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I think Frank is trying to play mind games with the Dons by suggesting senior players don’t like the manager. Let’s be honest….how the hell would he know unless he was nicking one of their burds? 
We should get King Joey to state in the rags that it’s a disgrace that Celtic are not forking out for their child abuse claims and after the antics of Leigh Griffiths recently any player at that club should be deeply ashamed of themselves and their kids for playing for such a club.

Unfortunately from what I hear Joey Harper isn't exactly confident about Glass ability.

He apparently told someone after the appointment it was a disaster and to expect a relegation fight

17 hours ago, DD1903 said:

He's in that early to try and figure out what he's doing wrong, as he's panicking about losing his job 

Kudos to him for caring enough about the job enough to put in the extra hours to try and figure things out. He could easily have just shrugged his shoulders, did the bare minimum and carried on as he was. But he's, reportedly, been working longer hours and doing extra work, some of which isn't his job such as the recruitment stuff, to make things better. Commendably, even if he's still not been able to fix things, at least he's trying.   If he's putting in a load of hours and it's still not working out, then the onus is on Cormack to find someone else, which is increasingly looking like what needs to happen.

Same with any footballer at the club, if they put in 100% then I can't criticise them too much. If someone is absolutely shite, but putting in the effort then my grievances will always go towards the manager for picking someone who is not good enough.  It's players that you know are better than they can be that coast games that piss me off.  

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I said, from the minute we signed Ferguson, that his old man would cause problems.  He is absolute poison.

I remember being shot down, 'ach he's a great a guy, chatting away to everyone in the lounges, etc, etc...'.

Those can often be the least trusted guys. The two faced cunts that will be pleasant to pretty much everyone face to face, but a sleakit whore behind your back.