Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

See this is where is gets silly. There are 5 games between now and the end of November. How on earth does winning one game against a Hibs team on their knees give him 5 guaranteed games. 

This win only means something if it is the start of a sequence of wins. Hes not allowed to lose the next 4 games and have us saying well let's see what happens against Celtic on Nov 28th.

I finally get it, you don't like Glass, but for fuck sake you're getting boring as fuck with all the negativity towards Glass and the team in general.

If you do actually support Aberdeen and are not an actual hun, try supporting the team for a change, you never know what could happen when the support gets behind them. I know its a long shot but maybe even try something novel and attend a fucking game, instead of sitting at home typing your negative pish all the time, I know actually going and supporting the dons is a strange concept for a lot of posters on here. 

Nobody is actually interested in your continual negative rantings. I actually initially thought RJ was bad but for fuck sake man....

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

See this is where is gets silly. There are 5 games between now and the end of November. How on earth does winning one game against a Hibs team on their knees give him 5 guaranteed games. 

This win only means something if it is the start of a sequence of wins. Hes not allowed to lose the next 4 games and have us saying well let's see what happens against Celtic on Nov 28th.

But if he loses the next 4 games , Cormack will still back him up, excuse will be , we have a horrific list of injured players.    

24 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Give him a contract extension now. He’s got a bit about him clearly. Great show of support for him from his players yesterday. 

Why?

Let’s just wait & see how it pans out over the next few weeks.

Besides, he constantly has 12 months on his contract as it’s a rolling contract & I doubt there’s going to be a clamour for his services given his record, before us & during. 

49 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why?

Let’s just wait & see how it pans out over the next few weeks.

Besides, he constantly has 12 months on his contract as it’s a rolling contract & I doubt there’s going to be a clamour for his services given his record, before us & during. 

Have a woosh 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Much as earning 3 points yesterday, under trying circumstances, is pleasing we can only measure how good our performance was once we have played Hearts and Motherwell (I wouldn't read too much into the Huns match, unless we secure point or points).

The issue I had yesterday is that Hibs are not a good side, despite what some think, plus our players may have been personally stung by recent criticism.

In summary one win does not persuade me that Glass is all of a sudden a good manager. I still retain huge doubts about his capabilities as a manager but will go half glass full, if you pardon the pun, and hope that the two fixtures against Hearts and Motherwell build upon the performance of yesterday.

Come the end of October we should know whether we are progressing in a better direction or not.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He did to be fair.

I dread Wednesday night with what defence we have left.

McCrorie & Bates the only two defenders available. 

I don’t dread Wednesday night at all. Sevco huffed and puffed to beat St Mirren today and have generally been ordinary all season. Yes we are shit too but no reason to worry about a humping.

Ojo and Hayes in the full or wing back areas, flitting in and out of a back 3 or 4 with Brown dropping back.

2 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Unfortunately one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Much as earning 3 points yesterday, under trying circumstances, is pleasing we can only measure how good our performance was once we have played Hearts and Motherwell (I wouldn't read too much into the Huns match, unless we secure point or points).

The issue I had yesterday is that Hibs are not a good side, despite what some think, plus our players may have been personally stung by recent criticism.

In summary one win does not persuade me that Glass is all of a sudden a good manager. I still retain huge doubts about his capabilities as a manager but will go half glass full, if you pardon the pun, and hope that the two fixtures against Hearts and Motherwell build upon the performance of yesterday.

Come the end of October we should know whether we are progressing in a better direction or not.

Can you progress in a WORSE direction?

Don't get me wrong Glass was not my first choice of manager but I back him 100% as he is the Manager and any real Dons fan should back him 100% also.

What really does piss me off is the so called ITK posters on here who stated he has lost the dressing room etc and the amount of so called fans willing to believe that pish.

If any of these so called fans had actually paid their money and went to the game and support the team, they would have seen he has definitely not lost the dressing room and the players are playing for him.

I honestly believe there are far more huns on this forum than we actually realise. You are either a fan or you're not, no matter who the manager is or how the results are going, posting negative pish all the time and not even attending the games to support the team, spouting pish about because he is the manager etc... in my mind you can just FUCK OFF.... 

AFC doesn't need you.....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, cruickc2 said:

Don't get me wrong Glass was not my first choice of manager but I back him 100% as he is the Manager and any real Dons fan should back him 100% also.

What really does piss me off is the so called ITK posters on here who stated he has lost the dressing room etc and the amount of so called fans willing to believe that pish.

If any of these so called fans had actually paid their money and went to the game and support the team, they would have seen he has definitely not lost the dressing room and the players are playing for him.

I honestly believe there are far more huns on this forum than we actually realise. You are either a fan or you're not, no matter who the manager is or how the results are going, posting negative pish all the time and not even attending the games to support the team, spouting pish about because he is the manager etc... in my mind you can just FUCK OFF.... 

Who, that claims to be itk, has said he's lost the dressing room?

4 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

That sort of blind devotion is dangerous, don’t you think the club should be held accountable for their actions? 

7 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

AFC doesn’t need you?, what cause the crowds are rammed?,sold out every week?, are we a top 100 club yet?, a get why your annoyed but that was just pish, would you have the same argument if we were relegated for the first time in our history?.many have season tickets on here and DNA, fans can say what they fucking like if there hard earned cash seems to be for fuck all by the product out on the pitch, 

if you haven’t noticed we have been pish for 2 years now, after spending more than most in the league, fans have every right to be vocally annoyed

If Ramsey, McKenzie & Gallagher are joining Considine on the sidelines for a while this is a negative that Glass could turn to a positive in his favour by introducing a couple of promising youngsters to the first team set up.

Ramsey and McKenzie have been two of our better players this season so far.

Reckon the introduction of a couple more would not diminish the team, it may well improve it + take pressure off Glass. 

I am still to be sold on the Glass appointment but the old adage "if they're good enough they're old enough" may actually give him the breathing space to win over fans like me.

After all I am from a generation who watched Fergie play Cooper, Simpson, Black and Hewitt in the same team when they all were in their teens.

It was one of DM's failures throughout his tenure, insomuch as regularly bleeding the youngsters. Perhaps on the back of the recent injuries Glass can benefit from doing so.

Rather he did that than any further loan signings or the like during the January transfer window.

6 hours ago, Woody21 said:

If Ramsey, McKenzie & Gallagher are joining Considine on the sidelines for a while this is a negative that Glass could turn to a positive in his favour by introducing a couple of promising youngsters to the first team set up.

Ramsey and McKenzie have been two of our better players this season so far.

Reckon the introduction of a couple more would not diminish the team, it may well improve it + take pressure off Glass. 

I am still to be sold on the Glass appointment but the old adage "if they're good enough they're old enough" may actually give him the breathing space to win over fans like me.

After all I am from a generation who watched Fergie play Cooper, Simpson, Black and Hewitt in the same team when they all were in their teens.

It was one of DM's failures throughout his tenure, insomuch as regularly bleeding the youngsters. Perhaps on the back of the recent injuries Glass can benefit from doing so.

Rather he did that than any further loan signings or the like during the January transfer window.

Thats a negative and right now I need TWO positives 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Cans

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Is there a new poll yet ?

Still a long way to go, a scraped win v a sh1t HiVs and losing a 2-0 lead against the worst Hun team in 2 years, 4 points better than expected but given we clearly raised our game tonight - where was this performance v Dundee when even more fans were there?!

He'll have won time with these 2 games, and it looks like he has turned it around, but the jury is out.

2 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Still a long way to go, a scraped win v a sh1t HiVs and losing a 2-0 lead against the worst Hun team in 2 years, 4 points better than expected but given we clearly raised our game tonight - where was this performance v Dundee when even more fans were there?!

He'll have won time with these 2 games, and it looks like he has turned it around, but the jury is out.

So it's his fault the bent ref cost us the game?

Get a grip Mannie.

• Upvote 2