292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

12 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Haha 

I think everyone who wanted/wants him punted would love to be proven spectacularly wrong. Certainly the case with me

A win against hearts and he can sleep a bit easier for another few months. 

Absolutely. Just about everyone wants it to work. 

It's not the night to go into it really but it's still 1 win in 12 and 1 win in his last 9 league games. 

Still plenty work to do but the fight in the team the last two games has been really encouraging.  Need to keep it going now. 

Desperate for this to work out for him and like others have said he seems a very likeable guy. Let's be honest we've been incredibly unfortunate in a number of games during that terrible run where we really deserved something. He probably needs the next two windows to get the right players in. Just a couple of wins and we can be back up at the top end of the league.

He's not out of the woods yet in my eyes.

Whilst the last couple of results have been very welcome...........they were achieved by team selections he was forced into making. Had his full squad been available to him, the likes of McGeouch and Campbell would have struggled to even make the bench. And of course Brown being utilised as a sweeper in a back 3.

That said, he now seems to have stumbled on a formation that suits the team better and I hope he sticks with it. A win against Hearts and our league position will start to look a lot healthier.

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Whilst the last couple of results have been very welcome...........they were achieved by team selections he was forced into making. Had his full squad been available to him, the likes of McGeouch and Campbell would have struggled to even make the bench. And of course Brown being utilised as a sweeper in a back 3.

That said, he now seems to have stumbled on a formation that suits the team better and I hope he sticks with it. A win against Hearts and our league position will start to look a lot healthier.

We definitely look better with the change of formation, although some seem to think it's the same formation. 

Might be worth persevering with Brown as sweeper for a bit longer as it showed some promise as a system. He can always step forward to support the midfield at times in games that we are dominating. 

Getting Hedges and Watkins fit again has helped further up the pitch too. So probably a bit of both, change of formation and getting some capable attacking players back fit. 

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Fucking hell. 

He’s changed things and it’s resulted in two good performances. Give him some credit ffs.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The jury is still out, but he’s definitely bought himself a bit more time.

Still finely balanced though, two good results at home to Hearts & Motherwell he gets in to 2022 I’d think & the January window.

Lose both & it’s back to being under massive pressure. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Fucking hell. 

He’s changed things and it’s resulted in two good performances. Give him some credit ffs.

He changed things because he had no choice but to do so. I said in my post that had the full squad been available, his selections would have been different.

If Ramsay and MacKenzie had been fit do you think he would have went to a back 3?

If Gallagher had been fit do you think Brown would have been played as a sweeper?

He'll get some more credit for me if we actually string 6 or 7 good results on the bounce. You can happy clap all you like till then

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Plenty managers stumble across their best formations through necessity. 

Antonio Conte was playing with a 4 at Chelsea at the back, and they were getting battered by Arsenal one match, he changed to a 5 stop the flow of goals and realised it worked best. 

They went on to win the league with that much lauded formation. 

Not saying the same will happen to us, just saying Glass wouldn't be the first manager to find what suits his team next by 'accident'

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He changed things because he had no choice but to do so. I said in my post that had the full squad been available, his selections would have been different.

If Ramsay and MacKenzie had been fit do you think he would have went to a back 3?

If Gallagher had been fit do you think Brown would have been played as a sweeper?

He'll get some more credit for me if we actually string 6 or 7 good results on the bounce. You can happy clap all you like till then

Happy clapping isn't praising someone when they do something that works. That's fairness. 

You're doing mental gymnastics to avoid giving him any praise. Regardless of why he's done what he has, he's done it and for the past 2 games, it's worked. 

Im not doing cartwheels but it's a start. A start that we can hopefully build on. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Plenty managers stumble across their best formations through necessity. 

Antonio Conte was playing with a 4 at Chelsea at the back, and they were getting battered by Arsenal one match, he changed to a 5 stop the flow of goals and realised it worked best. 

They went on to win the league with that much lauded formation. 

Not saying the same will happen to us, just saying Glass wouldn't be the first manager to find what suits his team next by 'accident'

Aye. He deserves credit for changing it. 

Can't have it both ways. Can't knock him for not changing it then knock him again when he does change it. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. He deserves credit for changing it. 

Can't have it both ways. Can't knock him for not changing it then knock him again when he does change it. 

Aye. He's had his hand forced, but it's equally impressive the two results we've managed to get despite defenders dropping like flies. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We definitely look better with the change of formation, although some seem to think it's the same formation. 

Might be worth persevering with Brown as sweeper for a bit longer as it showed some promise as a system. He can always step forward to support the midfield at times in games that we are dominating. 

Getting Hedges and Watkins fit again has helped further up the pitch too. So probably a bit of both, change of formation and getting some capable attacking players back fit. 

Brown could have been given the Sweeper role from day 1 in my opinion 

The manager is normally only one game away from a masterful performance or from the shit hitting the fan.

Unfortunately, decent though he is as a person + how well he has managed to gain 4 unexpected points in the last 2 matches, I still retain serious doubts as to whether this run of form can be sustained.

The Hearts and Motherwell matches will certainly give us more evidence.

Trust me I hope I am wrong ?.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He had no choice? That’s absolute drivel. Didn’t even read the rest.

No but he could quite easily have stuck to his system using different players. For example..... 

Lewis 

Ojo. Bates. McCrorie Campbell/Hayes 

McGeouch  Brown  Longstaff 

Hedges.          Ramirez.             Watkins 

But he never. 

He changed the system. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

You said he had no choice but to put Brown centre half, when we had TWO FUCKING CENTRE HALVES playing. 

You have developed into worst poster on here. A total cunt to boot.

Show me where I said that he had no choice but to put Brown to centre half 

You are now making things up

Are you of low intelligence?

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

“He changed things because he had no choice but to do so”

Well he did have a choice. He could easily have went with a back 4 last night. 

He went with a back 5 on Saturday when he didn’t need to. 

What a cheek saying I have low intelligence. Sign out and never come back you piece of shit.

So I didn't say "he had no choice but to to put Brown to centre half"

Thanks for clearing that up

As for the "easily went to a back 4 last night" point you make

Our back up right back is Jack Gurr

Our back up left back (unless you dip into the youth team) is..........we don't actually have one. Hayes has played there but he's a left winger.  So has Campbell but he's a midfielder

In other news.....you can fuck off

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So I didn't say "he had no choice but to to put Brown to centre half"

Thanks for clearing that up

As for the "easily went to a back 4 last night" point you make

Our back up right back is Jack Gurr

Our back up left back (unless you dip into the youth team) is..........we don't actually have one. Hayes has played there but he's a left winger.  So has Campbell but he's a midfielder

In other news.....you can fuck off

LOL. Realised you fucked it. 

Weird you’re raging Glass has done superb these games. Handled the injuries brilliantly and adjusted the team really well. Probably raging Lewis has played well too.

• Like 1

Quite clearly what's happened is that he, or someone else in his coaching staff, has looked on here and seen my suggestion of a back 3, and he has thought to himself, let's give that a go.

In all seriousness... yes credit to him for changing the system - the 3412 or 3421 or however exactly you want to describe it has had a big part to play in the improvement in the last two games. 

However... it took him 5 defeats on the bounce and 10 or 11 games without a win to realise something that pretty much every one of us on here had been saying for weeks. That doesn't really go in his favour so much.

Obviously he didn't have Hedges or Watkins available for a while, but he could've still played the system with guys like Hayes and Samuels in this positions (Hayes did well up there last night - I'm still convinced Samuels is garbage, but maybe in a more central role he might be better). 

Will need to keep this formation and keep the performances and results coming for a bit longer before I'm convinced about him - but as I've said all along (similar to most who have criticised him), I would love for him to prove me wrong.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Quite clearly what's happened is that he, or someone else in his coaching staff, has looked on here and seen my suggestion of a back 3, and he has thought to himself, let's give that a go.

In all seriousness... yes credit to him for changing the system - the 3412 or 3421 or however exactly you want to describe it has had a big part to play in the improvement in the last two games.

;)

3 at the back didn't work for the 25 minutes against Hibs, hence why they reverted back to pushing Brown back into midfield.

It did work last night against SevCo, where we were backs to the wall.

Do we want to play so deep against Hearts?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

However... it took him 5 defeats on the bounce and 10 or 11 games without a win to realise something that pretty much every one of us on here had been saying for weeks. That doesn't really go in his favour so much.

Obviously he didn't have Hedges or Watkins available for a while, but he could've still played the system with guys like Hayes and Samuels in this positions (Hayes did well up there last night - I'm still convinced Samuels is garbage, but maybe in a more central role he might be better). 

Will need to keep this formation and keep the performances and results coming for a bit longer before I'm convinced about him - but as I've said all along (similar to most who have criticised him), I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Precisely

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Thanks. Will do.

COOOOME OOOOON YEEOUW RE-EDS

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Completly agree with all you said.

Delighted in the last 2 games and the perfomances, proof is in the pudding if we can build on this.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but it still doesn't take away my skepticism about the "prawcess" of him getting the job

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

;)

3 at the back didn't work for the 25 minutes against Hibs, hence why they reverted back to pushing Brown back into midfield.

It did work last night against SevCo, where we were backs to the wall.

Do we want to play so deep against Hearts?

haha I'm ignoring your first sentence... 

We will likely have more possession against Hearts and I think the system will work just as well. Time will tell though! 

• Haha 1