Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

5 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Glass good or bad the electricity the crowd generates is greater than those turbines off the coast

the red shed is going well along with the football on display is leading to some of the best atmospheres at Pitt office for a long long time

It’s great that we’re finally getting the results our play has deserved.

Some great decisions being made and not afraid to change it up if needed.

16 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I tell you what, I don't think anybody would have predicted we'd get 7 points from the next 9 (should have been a clean sweep, but for the usual Masonic refereeing). He's bought himself some time now, let's hope this isn't a false dawn and that he carries this impressive momentum.

Honestly, I didn't think we would get 7 points (going on 9). I thought we would get 4 or 5.

Apart from the Dundee game, I could see what we were trying to do though and thought we were not far from clicking.

I wasn't overly impressed with our football against Hibs, although we did show much more heart and desire which compensated and probably needed to get the points.

Honestly, it's a breath of fresh air to be watching this compared to last season.

I'd also add that a huge part of the change is the difference Watkins makes to the team. He really is a driver for giving us an outball options and making us better at the top end of the pitch

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Well I did say it would be well in to 2022 before he was sacked.

Delighted with the turnaround in results.

Still utterly bemused at his work in the transfermarket but heyho

Hopefully now he’s settled in he’ll get a better idea of what type of player he needs to sign. 

i.e. if a central midfielder who is no better than the 40 we already have becomes available….. just leave it stephen

Guest milne_afc
23 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Doesn't change the fact that some of the chat on here has been utterly horrific.

"He's an arsehole behind the scenes"

Lol

I notice you failed to highlight my opening contribution.

Get behind Glass & the team, the last 3 matches merit our backing, we go forward together as a club & the backing us fans are giving will only help us get stronger I hope.

A win next week against motherwell & we will take 20,000 to Tannadice.

quite happy to change my vote from Sack Immediately to Full Season if the performances remain at this level, was not expecting to see 7 points from the last 3 games compared to what we've witnessed so far this season

i'm still unsure how much of this upturn is due to the managers coaching ability or was it Cormack's rant 

11 hours ago, Bamber said:

Glass good or bad the electricity the crowd generates is greater than those turbines off the coast

the red shed is going well along with the football on display is leading to some of the best atmospheres at Pittodrie for a long long time

Yep, loved seeing Ramirez geeing up the crowd too

There is a school of thought ( that people scoffed at) that the bigger games would perversely be easier to perform in

Lets hope this is a genuine turning point though and we dismantle motherwell

• Upvote 3

Delighted with results of the last three games and the work rate of the team. Watkins huge plus upfront and Brown doing what he was brought for. Ojo not being in midfield has helped. We’ve had an enforced change due to injury. Keep playing this well and few will grumble, so just keep doing it AFC and I’ll be a happy camper. Remember Raith - we can’t be good if we can’t win the games against the so-called weaker sides. SG still on trial for me but the last three games have earned him a pass just now. 

53 minutes ago, Millertime said:

There is a school of thought ( that people scoffed at) that the bigger games would perversely be easier to perform in

On the money MT.

Taking care of games against Motherwell, (Raith), (Dundee) etc will be key to whether Glass has, ultimately, what it takes to be here long term ?

It's against the so called lesser teams where we have let ourselves down. 

Our performances and results against the perceived bigger teams in Scotland, Sevco, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts and Utd have been pretty impressive and Celtic apart are unbeaten against them. You could argue that poor individual mistakes aside we shouldn't have lost that Celtic game.

Next two games against Motherwell and Utd are vital in the resurrection of this team. 6 points from them and we'll be motoring.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yep this is pretty much bang on (you were bound to manage that with something eventually, MT). It's how we do from here in the games against wee sides and whether we can sustain this form which will determine whether a lot of us will change our minds.

2 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I was in the sack Glass and get Diamond Dave to fuck group.

Feeling more than a bit foolish now but will be interesting if we can sustain the performances.

I think Cormack backing his man publicly and with a bit of passion galvanised everyone a bit, something S Milne would never have done. Hats off for that.

I'll stand by my view that the January transfer window is absolutely key here. The last 3 games were better than anyone could have hoped, but in order to really kick on, he needs to identify and address the imbalances in the squad. Only then will we know exactly where we're going under Glass, but I think he's earned the right to have that window.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I'll stand by my view that the January transfer window is absolutely key here. The last 3 games were better than anyone could have hoped, but in order to really kick on, he needs to identify and address the imbalances in the squad. Only then will we know exactly where we're going under Glass, but I think he's earned the right to have that window.

There needs to be some major outgoings before anything else happens.

That’s not easy if they have decent contracts which no-one else will match. 

We need to keep the front three fit as beyond that there's not a lot that you'd want to be playing 90 minutes from the start every week. 

We could be doing with cutting the three loans short in January for a start and using those spaces to bring in a few in choice positions. 

There will probably be more noise around Ferguson and Hedges then too.  Maybe Ramsay as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need to keep the front three fit as beyond that there's not a lot that you'd want to be playing 90 minutes from the start every week. 

We could be doing with cutting the three loans short in January for a start and using those spaces to bring in a few in choice positions. 

There will probably be more noise around Ferguson and Hedges then too.  Maybe Ramsay as well. 

McGinn, Kennedy, Devlin, Jenks, McLennan are all players we could comfortably do without.

And as you say, any of Ramsay, Hedges or Ferguson could be sold. That obviously has a big effect as we’d have potentially a few million in the bank to play with. 

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

The January transfer window is not as busy as some would hope for. I myself hope we see quite a few players moved on but hope we keep Ramsay and Hedges. I am not fussed about Ferguson, if we get £2 or £3m then we should sell. We definitely need another goal scorer though. Watkins for all his attributes isn’t a natural striker. We need more threat up front and I hope that especially gets addressed in January if possible.