1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

21 fixtures so far this season.

11 defeats and 31 goals conceded.

Glass doesn't appear to have the foggiest idea that you have to build the foundations of a team on sound defence.

It is alarmingly obvious that things ain't working and change is required.

The burning question is when will DC admit that he got the Glass experiment completely wrong?

Whilst I take your point.

Which defenders do you want him to build this sound defence out of? When every single one of them is fit that is.

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

He really should, we all know it and it's deflating cause we will go through this until end of season.

We will pick up a couple wins in December then a run of defeats then couple draws.

Repeat until May.

*sigh*.

That's how I feel too. No real hope. 

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly. Feel the same.

We have to hope it’ll improve now that Mowbray is HoR.

Having just posted £5m losses, I can’t see much being spent.

Ideally there will be outgoings as there’s at least 6 that could leave & not be missed but contracted players aren’t ready to get rid of. 

Operating losses of 5.2m but sales of Cosgrove and McKenna accounted for 3m so loss on financial year was 2.3m. Also got to remember that insurance payout for covid of 2.25m will be on next years books so all in all not lost much at all.

The biggest issue I can see is that our current budget must be up by a fair bit on last season and it's likely we won't get anywhere near Europe next season so we lose that gate receipts from the 2/3 games and replace them with league cup group games... No matter what happens Cormack will back Glass or his replacement im confident of that, like you say we have to hope the people brought in to recruit make a real difference. To progress we need to be bringing in at minimum a couple players a season that are going to become assets to sell on a season or 2 later.

19 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Soulless, lifeless, pointless.

Deluded.

Life goes on.

Mark the games off in the calendar until the last one of the season then we might get change.

Yeah...every interview is the same. It's almost like he thinks that if he keeps saying these things, it'll have a positive impact. 

season will soon be over.

shambles

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

21 fixtures so far this season.

11 defeats and 31 goals conceded.

Glass doesn't appear to have the foggiest idea that you have to build the foundations of a team on sound defence.

It is alarmingly obvious that things ain't working and change is required.

The burning question is when will DC admit that he got the Glass experiment completely wrong?

Good post.

I think we have to accept the fact that we are not getting in Europe next season unless Glass is given a miraculous budget & loads of favours to sign some great talent & somehow win the SC. 

Not a chance in hell that we are getting in Europe via league placings. Only a miraculous SC run will do it & for any slim chance of even that happening we need a new manager in Before January window really. Cormack & co have to accept this & take action & throw the dice

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Operating losses of 5.2m but sales of Cosgrove and McKenna accounted for 3m so loss on financial year was 2.3m. Also got to remember that insurance payout for covid of 2.25m will be on next years books so all in all not lost much at all.

The biggest issue I can see is that our current budget must be up by a fair bit on last season and it's likely we won't get anywhere near Europe next season so we lose that gate receipts from the 2/3 games and replace them with league cup group games... No matter what happens Cormack will back Glass or his replacement im confident of that, like you say we have to hope the people brought in to recruit make a real difference. To progress we need to be bringing in at minimum a couple players a season that are going to become assets to sell on a season or 2 later.

£3 million combined for mckenna and cosgrove? Thought it was £3+ million for mckenna and £2 million for Cosgrove? That’s what was reported 

Few semi decent performances v a shite Hibs then Sevco & Hearts (only two real decent performances under glass really domestically) should NOT be enough to forgive all the shite before & after these three (really only 1 & 1/2 to 2 games if being pedantic) Glass should do decent thing & just fk off. He’s trying to salvage the unsalvagable really. 

Tbh he shouldn’t really be given chance to step down himself as the decision should be made before he continues to drag his heels. 
Sadly he still has numerous folk (un fathomably) backing him. Be that happy clapping fans ‘but who else can we get’ or board members.

Just fk off Glass

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Few semi decent performances v a shite Hibs then Sevco & Hearts (only two real decent performances under glass really domestically) should NOT be enough to forgive all the shite before & after these three (really only 1 & 1/2 to 2 games if being pedantic) Glass should do decent thing & just fk off. He’s trying to salvage the unsalvagable really. 

Tbh he shouldn’t really be given chance to step down himself as the decision should be made before he continues to drag his heels. 
Sadly he still has numerous folk (un fathomably) backing him. Be that happy clapping fans ‘but who else can we get’ or board members.

Just fk off Glass

No you can just fuck off,

When things are going well you disappear as is all the Glass haters, but as soon as thing turn and we aren't winning and things go wrong you are back posting your pish, you really are boring as fuck.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

No you can just fuck off,

When things are going well you disappear as is all the Glass haters, but as soon as thing turn and we aren't winning and things go wrong you are back posting your pish, you really are boring as fuck.

You're entitled to your opinion, like I am, for me it is only a matter of time before he is sacked. He's out his depth here. 

6 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Check the annual accounts just released. More losses

Not surprised during Covid but it's around a 5 million loss.

Having  said that it could have been a lot worse 

Perhaps are chairman will dip into his millions to to bale us out 

Creative accounting is what that’s called. We didn’t lose that much, being totally exaggerated. Just like the home attendance figures. Manipulation of the truth.

Hearts posted a £2m profit ? how the fk can we have lost £5m over same period? £7m difference between us & Hearts books? Really?

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You're entitled to your opinion, like I am, for me it is only a matter of time before he is sacked. He's out his depth here. 

He's out his depth???

Your are actually blaming Glass for todays result,  fuck off you idiot.

Madden should be stripped of his licence and never referee another Premiership game again.

Just now, cruickc2 said:

He's out his depth???

Your are actually blaming Glass for todays result,  fuck off you idiot.

Madden should be stripped of his licence and never referee another Premiership game again.

Ha. We lost because we didn’t have Ojo against 10 man united. Not criminal defending yet again. Deluded… but thanks for trying Dave. How’s the data? 

6 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I'm sure I'll get roasted for this but I'm not sure AFC would be any lower on the table if DM was still at the helm. Although DM wasn't the best at playing the youngsters. 

Still feels like the ship is taking on water imo. 

We've an 18 year old centre back called Hancock. If we are adopting a youth strategy whys he not playing? We've got Dean campbell playing left centre back before him. Fucking madness. 

5 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Back him. 

Miles better team last two games. Cutting edge is missing. Hearts and Ibrox performance was great. 

That bald cunt deserves his head kicked in for that today. Proper cheating. Glass has had no luck.

Had a beer here but honestly, I back him. 

We could have played all night and never scored, same as Motherwell. Meanwhile we can't defend. There is no hiding from our awful inability to do anything in either box. 

It hasn't helped Glass that we've been plagued by injuries and that a number of decisions have gone against us this season. It's fair to say we haven't been getting the rub of the green.

However I don't feel we can make the "bad luck" excuse anymore as there appears to be a clear pattern that has emerged in the manner we lose games.

Teams like Dundee Utd and Motherwell are very good at what they do. They realise they haven't got as good a group of players as ourselves and that we are likely to dominate large spells of the game. They set up to weather the storm and realise we are culpable of making a calamity defensive error at some stage in the game to which they often take their chance when it arrives.

The majority of teams have no more than 2 shots on target against us. Aside from the OF and Hibs, most teams in this league deploy the same rigid tactics. Well organized and hard to beat. Ramirez made a similar point in his pre-match Dundee Utd interview. Neither Hearts and Dundee Utd have been outstanding this season but they are grinding out results. McInnes had us set up in a similar fashion.

Hearts have actually been on a fairly poor run of form (Utd result aside) recently and have been drawing a large number of games. We've just failed to capitalise on it as we keep losing.

The recruitment was poor this summer which wasn't helped by the fact we didn't have a head of recruitment in place until 2 weeks left in the transfer window alongside all the changes in personnel and restructuring of the club. Too many changes were made in a very short period of time. 

I suspect that in the next decade we'll see other teams in Scotland adopt and transition to this DOF model. I don't believe we'll be relegated however I have serious doubts we'll make Europe/top six based on current form and sadly don't anticipate things improving much for the remainder of the season. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong and Glass is a success.

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Hung Ojo out to dry like. Absolute dick. 

McFadden spot on with his comments. Most folk saying the same thing as him.

It's just a bizarre situation.

I think it's comical he hung Ojo out to dry after being sent off himself for absolute stupidity.

Is that him, Russell and Marishall all sent off this season now and been booked countless times? Some disciplinary record our management team have like, must be the worst in the league by a mile.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RUL said:

We've an 18 year old centre back called Hancock. If we are adopting a youth strategy whys he not playing? We've got Dean campbell playing left centre back before him. Fucking madness. 

I would agree. Just saying overall I think the condition hasn't improved and while DM was doing even less with the youth I agree about hancock