292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Back him. 

Miles better team last two games. Cutting edge is missing. Hearts and Ibrox performance was great. 

That bald cunt deserves his head kicked in for that today. Proper cheating. Glass has had no luck.

Had a beer here but honestly, I back him. 

Miles better at keeping the ball, but not actually doing anything with it in these games. 

Much like his post match interviews, it's the same every week. 

9 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

You're entitled to your opinion, like I am, for me it is only a matter of time before he is sacked. He's out his depth here. 

Agree. 
Imagine how bad we would be if Scott Brown had a spell on the sidelines injured. He is about the only constant positive in the team. Too many players are easily beaten…just like the manager.

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

We have no option but to back him until the end of the season at least.

I don't rate him but this is how it's going to be.

I don't feel there is any need currently getting wound up about Glass and asking what to do. It'll just ruin your weekend because nothing is going to change.

Dave has backed him so have to get behind the team until May.

I just don't understand the annoyance towards it by fans who clearly now understand DCs ego. 

We move on. We just have to get used to it.

We are highly likely to lose in the east end of Glasgow next Sunday. Unless we get a few defenders fit ( it has to be said that the number we have out injured right now is quite bizarre.....but when they have been fit they've generally been pretty shite anyway) it could turn out to be an embarrassing afternoon. 

We then start December on a run of 3 defeats and facing 2 home games in quick succession against Livi and St Mirren. Teams we should normally expect to beat comfortably at home. But we might still have very few defenders fit.....Bates should be back by then but he's been an utter bombscare up till now. If we were to lose those matches, in spite of the circumstances, it would be our second 5 game losing streak of the season. The support won't tolerate that. 

And foreby that, as it stands right now we are 8th. All the teams in the bottom half of the league have a minimum of 1 game in hand over us....Hibs have 3 in hand and Coonty 2. They've all been picking up points recently (bar Hibs) and although Coonty are still isolated at the bottom, they are starting to find a bit of form. It's not too much of a stretch to think if we do lose those games that we find ourselves in 10th place, maybe even 11th. 

Cormack would surely have to act decisively at that point despite his backing of Glass?

Pretty much the whole season so far has been the same story. Have loads of the ball, do nothing with it, then concede easy goals.

We are long past the point of results like this being ‘bad luck’. Bad luck is the odd result every so often, not every second week or more.

The only bit of bad luck he can point to is the defensive injury crisis, but even then we were pish at the back even before all the injuries started to mount up.

His disciplinary record is an embarrassment as well. How many times is that he’s been sent off now? 

I wonder how bad it would have to get to make Cormack act before the end of the season? Staring relegation in the face? I don’t think we are at that stage (yet), but top 6 is looking more unlikely with each passing week. And thoughts of a Scottish cup run seem laughable as well.

21 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I wonder if now people believe what myself and others have been told by people in the club that behind the scenes he is a complete arsehole.

Blatantly obvious from his interviews and his whole persona that he is a complete wanker.

He is under pressure, and has lost the plot completely.

Plod along as fans and a team.

Soon be Christmas. Then May. Go team Aberdeem. 

Well one accepted “rule” of football management is you don’t hang your players out to dry. You back them publicly with incidents like yesterday.

Even more so when he’s done nothing wrong. 

The quicker this shitshow is ended, the better. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Well one accepted “rule” of football management is you don’t hang your players out to dry. You back them publicly with incidents like yesterday.

Even more so when he’s done nothing wrong. 

The quicker this shitshow is ended, the better. 

Even more so when the manager done worse himself.

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

We have no option but to back him until the end of the season at least.

I don't rate him but this is how it's going to be.

I don't feel there is any need currently getting wound up about Glass and asking what to do. It'll just ruin your weekend because nothing is going to change.

Dave has backed him so have to get behind the team until May.

I just don't understand the annoyance towards it by fans who clearly now understand DCs ego. 

We move on. We just have to get used to it.

Aye. 

I'm resigned to us having a season made up of a series of poor results punctuated by a couple of good ones when everyone at the club can proclaim that a corner has been turned.  Then repeat. 

The only thing that might change things would be another early exit in the Scottish Cup similar to the Raith debacle. 

Or an incredible January transfer window. 

38 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’ve listed to the pre match interview twice now? When does he throw ojo under the bus? He says that the referee should be protecting the player. He should be more scathing on ref no doubt about it but he hardly throws him under bus. Or is there another interview? 

Maybe take your fingers out your ears the third time? ?

Maybe you can’t hear for the sound of Stephen Glass backtracking 

6 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Glass has to go. He is completely out of his depth. In a normal job he'd be on his final warnings before now. His latest statement saying that Ojo let us down is almost as bad as the stuff Boris Johnson regularly spouts. He must have lost the support of the players now. Get him out before the damage is terminal

Genuinely feels like we've no plan. Because club want to enforce a new model of recruitment we've lost a lot of good candidates. 

The recruitment of this side should be a sackable offence in itself. A bizarre mix of central midfielders with no pace and brutal defenders. 

We've got so many players who can't get any game time that we've signed. Dire. 

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

Genuinely feels like we've no plan. Because club want to enforce a new model of recruitment we've lost a lot of good candidates. 

The recruitment of this side should be a sackable offence in itself. A bizarre mix of central midfielders with no pace and brutal defenders. 

We've got so many players who can't get any game time that we've signed. Dire. 

The longer we plough on with this character, the worse it's going to get. No matter what players he uses, the team looks hesitant and disjointed. It just looks like a motley collection of players gathered together in hope and desperation rather than a plan of any sort. Very worrying.

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

It takes a special type of manager who can make a defence from last season, that contained Ash Taylor and Tommie Hoban, worse this season. 

Every game we play looks like and has a feel of a pre season friendly. Absolutely no urgency or desire to win games. All about game time and keeping the ball. 

It's fucking dull.

To be fair I doubt Dean Campbell at centre half or Ojo as a full back etc would be his first choice. 

The defence is a shambles but so is the amount of defenders out injured.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Good post.

I think we have to accept the fact that we are not getting in Europe next season unless Glass is given a miraculous budget & loads of favours to sign some great talent & somehow win the SC. 

Not a chance in hell that we are getting in Europe via league placings. Only a miraculous SC run will do it & for any slim chance of even that happening we need a new manager in Before January window really. Cormack & co have to accept this & take action & throw the dice

Yep. Did DC double check that in every managerial post SG has held, now including Dons, his loss rate is 50%+.

Absolutely honking decision in the first place, highlighting how piss poor the "prawcess" was.

This is going to be one hell of a long season if DC doesn't "smell the coffee" soon.

Even Man United have found the Nescafé this morning!!!!

Poor from Glass yesterday. 

Without any shadow of a doubt he should have been using the post match interviews as a means to call out Utd for failing to take action against the fan who assaulted Ojo, the ref for issuing a second yellow against the victim of that assault and Utd again for their pathetic statement following the incident.

Instead he chose to accuse Ojo of a lack of discipline. Glass has a bare faced cheek to speak about a lack of discipline. I've not known a manager of Aberdeen have as much yellow and reds against him and his backroom staff as this. There's nothing disciplined about any of them. Actions of desperate men. If I was Ojo, I'd be having a word with Glass.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Poor from Glass yesterday. 

Without any shadow of a doubt he should have been using the post match interviews as a means to call out Utd for failing to take action against the fan who assaulted Ojo, the ref for issuing a second yellow against the victim of that assault and Utd again for their pathetic statement following the incident.

Instead he chose to accuse Ojo of a lack of discipline. Glass has a bare faced cheek to speak about a lack of discipline. I've not known a manager of Aberdeen have as much yellow and reds against him and his backroom staff as this. There's nothing disciplined about any of them. Actions of desperate men. If I was Ojo, I'd be having a word with Glass.

It just sums up the ability of Glass as a manager. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

I’ve listed to the pre match interview twice now? When does he throw ojo under the bus? He says that the referee should be protecting the player. He should be more scathing on ref no doubt about it but he hardly throws him under bus. Or is there another interview? 

He doesn't. He took a fairly balanced position.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

'He goes back in, which he shouldn't'.

That's absolutely correct. I was in line with the incident and as soon as it happened I though "uh oh". It was a moment of stupidity. He gave Madden an opportunity and he took it.

All that said, I do still have some sympathy for Ojo. He was playing well as well.

38 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

That patter wasn't good the first million times somebody else posted it before you. 

It wasn’t good when used all season by the chairman and manager as if it gets them off the hook for having a defence that doesn’t work and hasn’t all season. The club is run by an ego and an incompetent and if you think that’s unfair go ahead and show me the triumphs. It’s not a work in progress it’s a car crash. 

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

The problem with Glass is even if he survives at ABERDEEN and we can afford some decent new signings In the January transfer market nobody will want to sign with a doughball like him in charge.

He couldn't attract fucking Clark Robertson ??. What chance have we got of trying to attract some much needed quality? 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

He's out his depth???

Your are actually blaming Glass for todays result,  fuck off you idiot.

Madden should be stripped of his licence and never referee another Premiership game again.

OK so it was maddens fault we lost to motherwell x2 dundee St mirren St Johnstone as well then ya fucking spastic? He is out his depth, end of story. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair, we dominate 'lesser' teams, and with fewer midfielders, better (or uninjured) defenders, and a regular advanced player who can form a partnership with Ramirez we'd be picking up points. 

We need to lose a few players who are no longer up to the task or who never were. though.

Also, Glass needs to get his temper under control, because discipline starts at the top. How many times has he been sent to the stands, now? 

January is going to be critical to determining where we finish next year. 

• Upvote 2