Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

12 hours ago, NEM said:

Hearts and Hibs are tinpot shite though. Hardly a new thing them yo-yoing between divisions 

Hibs relegation was also a mathematical miracle. 6th/7th when Butcher took over. Only an exact set of results could have managed that.

Archimedes would've been proud.

Good laugh though. Fuck Hibs.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

Hibs relegation was also a mathematical miracle. 6th/7th when Butcher took over. Only an exact set of results could have managed that.

Archimedes would've been proud.

Good laugh though. Fuck Hibs.

Could we get relegated? Absolutely its a possibility

Are we likely to get relegated? Probably not

Its still far too early to pish our pants. Some people need better bladder control.

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Could we get relegated? Absolutely its a possibility

Are we likely to get relegated? Probably not

Its still far too early to pish our pants. Some people need better bladder control.

The fact its even a topic of conversation tells you how shit we've been doing though. 

The time has come when we need some jam today, not constant promises of jam tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The fact its even a topic of conversation tells you how shit we've been doing though. 

The time has come when we need some jam today, not constant promises of jam tomorrow. 

Hud it in, hud it in. You can do it.

I'm sure you'll get a better sense of relief if you can make it to the urinals instead of letting it go down the inside leg.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hud it in, hud it in. You can do it.

I'm sure you'll get a better sense of relief if you can make it to the urinals instead of letting it go down the inside leg.

I'm not pishing myself at all.  I don't think we'll go down. 

But denying we've been shit doesn't help anyone either. 

Funny how a handful of people get all worked up when folk say "hang on lads, we're a bit shit here and we don't appear to be learning from our mistakes" 

1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

Unless one of them was financially incontinent and went bust, and the other appointed a terrible manager. That might just give us a chance. If only...

Celtic were coasting that year. They upped their game when they played us when they needed to as their only rivals.

If we had performed better (our record points haul for any team outside the cheeks), the Celtic would have dropped a gear to maintain the gap

Sadly, the financial resources, depth of squad and support from the referee's make it an impossible comparison with the likes of what Leicester managed to overcome in a one off season

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I don't believe we will go down but the term 'too good to go down' irks me.

Aberdeen are absolutely shite under Glass. 

Same!, no team has a god given right to exist in one league and has to be carefull cause there a few teams that have been in that bracket, Istanbul baseksehir won the league and almost got relegated the year after in turkey and right now legia are sitting 2nd bottom of their league and they normally win year in year out in Poland 

nobodies to big to get relegated no matter the club. Ferguson almost relegated Man Utd the first year he was with them

48 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I don't believe we will go down but the term 'too good to go down' irks me.

Aberdeen are absolutely shite under Glass. 

If our standards were what they should be Glass would have been sacked by now. 20 odd years of Milne "ambition" and now coming on 2 years of Cormack have made the club also rans/tin potters sadly.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I thought I made my point succinctly

And you're entitled to your opinion, same as every one else is. 

Folk are allowed to discuss our form and what might happen if things don't pick up without having to listen to that pant pishing shite every 5 minutes. 

You only need to look at the Hearts situation a couple of years ago to realise its not a good idea to let yourself slip down the table, regardless of how optimistic you might be that you'll eventually get out of it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Odd occasion ? So Ukraine for an example, since 1992 bud, that long enough?,more than odd occasion?? only been Kiev and Donetsk, similar to us in that’s the only 2, Ukrainian tv and football chiefs care about, similarities are there, how long since a Scottish team has won the league already?, other than the bigot brothers?.

That's my point. Thanks ???

And just to clarify...budgets do matter then?

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And you're entitled to your opinion, same as every one else is. 

I'll be succinct as well then. 

Give the pishing pants stuff a fucking rest. 

Folk are allowed to discuss our form and what might happen if things don't pick up without having to listen to that shite every 5 minutes. 

So I'm entitled to my opinion but not to express it, because you don't like the narrative.

I think we all wanted McInnes to go in the end and most accepted that the change would bring around a transition and indeed turmoil in our stability.

Would I want McInnes back? Absolutely not

Yes were 6 points off bottom, but as pish as the results have been, were only 3 wins from 3rd. Things can change very quickly.

Its far too early to be concerned, patience is required, a chance given to improve the team and the results. If they don;t then demand for change should be made. For now, lets support the team

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You only need to look at the Hearts situation a couple of years ago to realise its not a good idea to let yourself slip down the table, regardless of how optimistic you might be that you'll eventually get out of it. 

Let's look at it then. What was the Hearts situation?

Pretty sure they were bottom most of the season with 1 win in their first 11 games. They only had 2 wins going into the winter break and ended up with only 4 wins the whole season

To compare us with Hearts is nowhere near any similarity 

6 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Is anyone thinking it's seriously possible that only Celtic or rangers will ever win the league again, ?

Yes. 36 years and counting and the gulf between them and rest is widening thanks to UEFA, so look for things to get worse rather than better. Celtic knocked out of 2 European competitions but still in a European competition. You couldn’t make it up. The same thing is happening in many other leagues around Europe. 

yes, you’ll get the odd quirk here and there, eg Leicester, but in the main, bigger budgets = more success.

31 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

So I'm entitled to my opinion but not to express it, because you don't like the narrative.

Not at all. 

But when folk point out that we're on the edge of a bit of trouble you start the pant pishing stuff which isn't constructive. 

Which makes you look like you want your opinion to be heard but then you're happy to belittle other people's opinions. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Not at all. 

But when folk point out that we're on the edge of a bit of trouble you start the pant pishing stuff which isn't constructive

Which makes you look like you want your opinion to be heard but then you're happy to belittle other people's opinions. 

Constructive? Is that really what we're reading?

I'm taking the mickey as what I'm reading is not constructive.

You've even opted to not quote the constructive part I posted

36 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think we all wanted McInnes to go in the end and most accepted that the change would bring around a transition and indeed turmoil in our stability.

Would I want McInnes back? Absolutely not

Yes were 6 points off bottom, but as pish as the results have been, were only 3 wins from 3rd. Things can change very quickly.

Its far too early to be concerned, patience is required, a chance given to improve the team and the results. If they don;t then demand for change should be made. For now, lets support the team

I don't think its constructive to compare our situation with that of Hearts a couple of seasons ago. We're not in the position they were.

Could we end up in the position they were?, yes, but equally, we could just as easily end up back competing for Europe and 3rd.

the constructive thing to do is support the team and not be drawn into focusing on any potential negative scenario

10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Constructive? Is that really what we're reading?

I'm taking the mickey as what I'm reading is not constructive.

You've even opted to not quote the constructive part I posted

I don't think its constructive to compare our situation with that of Hearts a couple of seasons ago. We're not in the position they were.

Could we end up in the position they were?, yes, but equally, we could just as easily end up back competing for Europe and 3rd.

the constructive thing to do is support the team and not be drawn into focusing on any potential negative scenario

It's completely natural to explore multiple scenarios. 

Confining the conversation to only discussing positive outcomes is the same as crossing your fingers and hoping for the best. 

We all support the team. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's completely natural to explore multiple scenarios. 

We don't generally get that multiple balanced viewpoint though.

I can't recall your post expressing positively the potential to get things back on track.

So I am being the ying to your yang.

You want Glass sacked and replaced, adding further uncertainty albeit potential improvement, and I'm saying its far too early to make that call.

If he's in the relegation spots come then end of December, then yes, the call for a replacement will be far stronger 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We all support the team. 

We may do, but many don't post accordingly. Far too many seem keen to berate the club and players before they step onto the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I can't recall your post expressing positively the potential to get things back on track.

You want Glass sacked and replaced, adding further uncertainty albeit potential improvement, and I'm saying its far too early to make that call.

If he's in the relegation spots come then end of December, then yes, the call for a replacement will be far stronger 

We may do, but many don't post accordingly. Far too many seem keen to berate the club and players before they step onto the pitch. 

Honestly min what shite you speak.

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Honestly min what shite you speak.

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, but I'd easily wager the negativie posts far outweigh the positive supportive ones

What is it you disagree with in the post, that its possible for us to get back to competing for European places? That we should see where we are at come the end of December?

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Folk's views are formed by what happens on the pitch. 

When/if the team starts winning most weeks you'll likely get the positive feedback you seek. 

Nae sure what you realistically expect when we're losing most weeks.