292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

52 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He’ll get the next two games for sure

But it’s 3 defeats on the bounce. 8 defeats from the last 11 league games. Only 4 league victories all season. 2 wins in the last 16 games in all competitions 

He must be close to having the worst win rate of any Aberdeen manager historically. 

He's certainly emulating his managerial record at Atlanta Utd.

Just how bad does it have to get until the excuses for him become a complete joke & recognised as just pure desperate hope for him to succeed?

He isn’t up to the job. Plain & simple. Failed experiment & we are not a club that should be needing to appoint experimental managers on the cheap in hope in the first place.

Even if he wins a few games between now & end of year it shouldn’t be enough to shine this shite.

Let’s see some stats for Glass’s domestic record for us.

both from end of last season (where the excuses for it not being his team & him being new to role were rife) & his season so far this season with ‘his’ team.

Forget the pub teams in first couple of legs of Europe & the 2 defeats to the first decent side we played. Easier to judge record fairly on the domestic teams we know.

how is he doing? 

In the event that Glass is sacked I have little faith we'll hire someone much better.

80% of all applicants wanted full control of their own recruitment to which Cormack ruled them all out as they didn't fit the new club model.

Unfortunately, thats just one part of the reason why the likes of Alex Neil etc definitely won't be joining us.

On top of that any potential new manager will inherit a group of players that consists of 30+ year olds on 2 years deals and injury prone players. Currently, the only positive is the talented youngsters in our side.

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

I'd argue this is potentially the worst managerial appointment the club has ever made. McGhee and Paterson being the main challengers to that trophy.

Taking into account the candidates we could have attracted/appointed (we were the 3rd most attractive proposition in Scotland for any potential manager back in April) and the foundations of the squad McInnes left behind, its comical just how far we've fallen. Why hire an unproven manager at this level (or any level for that matter) to take over a club like Aberdeen. 

The renewal of certain players contracts in the summer at a time when we could have offloaded some deadwood and the overall absolutely horrific recruitment have seen us fall into relegation candidates, all in the space of a few months.

I can't see things improving at all until Glass and his staff are removed. I don't disagree that McInnes time was up but at the very least we'd be top 6 right now if he were in charge.

I've no hate towards Glass whatsoever. Great player. Poor manager.

Alex hun cunt Miller was worse than Paterson and arguably worse than McGhee 

Total is around 29/30 game’s overall 

16 losses, 8 wins & 5 draws with about 44 goals against an 33 for. So close average to scoring one goal a game but conceding 1 & 1/2 

Probably about 2 clean sheets in total as well.

absolutely brutal stats when you consider his budget compared to vast majority of his competitors 

There is no way to see positives in his managerial stats & there is absolutely nothing to suggest that he can even improve to the quality of manager we should hope to expect at our club. HE’S FKN SHITE. Sooner we all admit/accept this & bin the cunt the better. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Wednesday night and next Saturday is huge for him now.

A defeat in either game then it should be P45 time. Long overdue as he's not turning this around.

I have zero confidence we’ll win either.

Even more so if Brown & McGeouch are added to the injury list.

We’ll be right in the shite if we don’t win either, if we’re not already in it.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

In the event that Glass is sacked I have little faith we'll hire someone much better.

80% of all applicants wanted full control of their own recruitment to which Cormack ruled them all out as they didn't fit the new club model.

Unfortunately, thats just one part of the reason why the likes of Alex Neil etc definitely won't be joining us.

On top of that any potential new manager will inherit a group of players that consists of 30+ year olds on 2 years deals and injury prone players. Currently, the only positive is the talented youngsters in our side.

Still think this “full control over recruitment” statement needs clarifying.

If the manager retains the final say on all transfers, then how much different is that from the McInnes/Russ Richardson setup? 

Alex Neil had been on the dole for a good while now. You can’t afford to be out of the business too long in this industry. Would be a great gig for him. 

If it wasn’t for his ‘caretaker manager’ stats in his first post at Shamrock Rovers his stats would be even more ridiculous.

His stats ther had him averaging about 1.7 pts per game. Everywhere else he’s managed he’s averaged around 1 ppg 

Seriously. There is absolutely NOTHING about his record as manager to suggest he even showed any potential to be an average, let alone good manager.

The board need to call a meeting ‘stat’ ? & basically overrule Cormack & bin this clown before it gets even more ridiculous 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If the manager retains the final say on all transfers, then how much different is that from the McInnes/Russ Richardson setup? 

Alex Neil had been on the dole for a good while now. You can’t afford to be out of the business too long in this industry. Would be a great gig for him. 

Even as an interim manager until the end of the season. Both parties benefit imo. Would prevent relegation for us and he gets the opportunity to manager once more until something better turns up in England.

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I have zero confidence we’ll win either.

Even more so if Brown & McGeouch are added to the injury list.

We’ll be right in the shite if we don’t win either, if we’re not already in it.

4 points and the can gets kicked down the road, I think. Lives to fight another day.

2 points and the heat is really on. Gates will plummet even further. Corporate entertainment (is it full capacity right now, Covid et al?) will disappear.

Even the narcissistic Cormack, MUST now know he’s fucked this. Imagine if he hired some young inexperienced manager in his software development business and let him run the business into the ground? Would never happen 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Last chance saloon this week. 

I hate this sentiment. I really do. We need to accept he’s a failure & even with improving a bit & getting a few wins onboard, he will clearly never be anything better than ‘semi competent’ at best.

He is a lost cause & NOT an experiment worth continuing to try & tweak in something that will work at anything close to consistently average let alone good enough.

just fkn sack him (or walk away yourself Glass) no shame in admitting we fkd up by trying him. Only shame is refusing to admit it & continue flogging the dead horse

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ffs. Remember when folk were saying ‘lose next game to Dundee & he should go’  a game which he lost comfortably.

He needs gone regardless of next 2/3/half dozen results. He is SHITE & try as some might, we will never shine that SHITE

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Just how bad does it have to get until the excuses for him become a complete joke & recognised as just pure desperate hope for him to succeed?

He isn’t up to the job. Plain & simple. Failed experiment & we are not a club that should be needing to appoint experimental managers on the cheap in hope in the first place.

Even if he wins a few games between now & end of year it shouldn’t be enough to shine this shite.

43 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Let’s see some stats for Glass’s domestic record for us.

both from end of last season (where the excuses for it not being his team & him being new to role were rife) & his season so far this season with ‘his’ team.

Forget the pub teams in first couple of legs of Europe & the 2 defeats to the first decent side we played. Easier to judge record fairly on the domestic teams we know.

how is he doing? 

33 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Total is around 29/30 game’s overall 

16 losses, 8 wins & 5 draws with about 44 goals against an 33 for. So close average to scoring one goal a game but conceding 1 & 1/2 

Probably about 2 clean sheets in total as well.

absolutely brutal stats when you consider his budget compared to vast majority of his competitors 

There is no way to see positives in his managerial stats & there is absolutely nothing to suggest that he can even improve to the quality of manager we should hope to expect at our club. HE’S FKN SHITE. Sooner we all admit/accept this & bin the cunt the better. 

22 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If it wasn’t for his ‘caretaker manager’ stats in his first post at Shamrock Rovers his stats would be even more ridiculous.

His stats ther had him averaging about 1.7 pts per game. Everywhere else he’s managed he’s averaged around 1 ppg 

Seriously. There is absolutely NOTHING about his record as manager to suggest he even showed any potential to be an average, let alone good manager.

The board need to call a meeting ‘stat’ ? & basically overrule Cormack & bin this clown before it gets even more ridiculous 

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Any other manager brought in that wasn’t clearly ‘the main mans’ wee ego stroking puppet would have been sacked by now. 
Cormack needs to step forward & admit his failed experiment 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I hate this sentiment. I really do. We need to accept he’s a failure & even with improving a bit & getting a few wins onboard, he will clearly never be anything better than ‘semi competent’ at best.

He is a lost cause & NOT an experiment worth continuing to try & tweak in something that will work at anything close to consistently average let alone good enough.

You're mentally unhinged. Fucking shut up man. We get it. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Its now inevitable that he goes, just a matter of when. Fan pressure will build and build. The squad is insanely unbalanced, the players he's stubbornly continuing with aren't good enough. Jack Gurr today just yet another example.

Would prefer him to be gone before the Scottish Cup starts, which is now our only realistic way of continuing qualifying for Europe. Team might at least get a lift and a bit of form, even its someone until the end of the season.

Doing well in the league is pretty much a write off now and doing nothing could have us in a much worse position if he's still in charge for the January window.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, would be happy with him.

Doubt he’d take it if offered though.

He’ll be hanging about for a Barnsley, Cardiff type job I think. 

If I was to draw up a list of 4 or 5 names, I’d be struggling. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

You're mentally unhinged. Fucking shut up man. We get it. 

That’s just it though. Some do indeed get it/accept he needs to go now (not after next few games) but there are still quite a few dumb fks desperately clinging to hope that he can suddenly turn it around & become a great manager & they can revel in being patiently right. ?

IT’s THEM I am targeting. Not those that are in agreement. Do you get that? Since your opinion seems to be that of the Royal ‘we’ 

3 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Its now inevitable that he goes, just a matter of when. Fan pressure will build and build. The squad is insanely unbalanced, the players he's stubbornly continuing with aren't good enough. Jack Gurr today just yet another example.

Would prefer him to be gone before the Scottish Cup starts, which is now our only realistic way of continuing qualifying for Europe. Team might at least get a lift and a bit of form, even its someone until the end of the season.

Doing well in the league is pretty much a write off now and doing nothing could have us in a much worse position if he's still in charge for the January window.

Exactly 

I have been beating this drum for weeks (possibly even months) now but I don’t think anyone has noticed ??