Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

Top 6 appears to be a pipe dream this season.

As things stand, I'd take 10th place if it guarantees our survival in the top flight.

With a new boss in place who gets the January window to address some glaring squad needs, 5th or 6th place is maybe do-able. It'll need the likes of United to have a very poor run as much as us improving though.  But certainly keeping us safe comfortably in no worse a position than we are now, with a far bigger gap to the bottom sides. His big problem going forward is offloading the utter shite that Glass has landed us with.

Stick with Glass and 10th (or worse) is an eminent possibilty

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

I genuinely believe Lennon would take the job even on an interim basis, and I also genuinely believe he would steady what appears to be a sinking ship. Glass does not have what it takes to turn this around, he is well and truly out of his depth and we need to change it now. Lennon is not the long term solution but he can be a short term fix, win / win situation for him and the dons, he gets to put himself back in the managerial shop window by turning our fortunes around, and board and our egomaniac chairman can leave him to run the day to stuff of football team and the matches while they set about getting the right man in the door for the long term.

win / win 

I would be up for giving him a 2 year deal. He would definitely have us much better than we currently are and I think especially with us having the 3rd biggest budget in the league he would have us up at the end of the league. He is a winner himself as a player and a manager and let’s be honest…it’s what the club are needing. I couldn’t give a fuck he managed Celtic previously. Get him in!

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Do you two want to put a charitable bet on with me, say £50 each on Aberdeen being relegated?

Ill pay out to the charity of your choice if we are

I will be off the site by close of play. However if a) below transpires I will make a donation to a charity of your choice post season end.

If truth be told if we continue the way we are going Glass will either fall on his sword or be punted well before the split takes place.

Possible outcomes:

a) If Glass remains in post beyond split and we stay up you win.

b) If Glass remains in post beyond split and we get relegated I win.

c) If Colgate Teeth grows a pair and replaces Glass well before the split the arrangement is null and void

18 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Stephen Glass says his Aberdeen team will be "fine" if they play like they did at Celtic Park, despite slumping to an eighth league defeat of the season. (Press & Journal - subscription required)

Fucking delusional.
We are stuck with this.

Trotting out clichés now. How many times have we seen relegation fodder put in a plucky performance against one of the top teams only to end up being narrowly defeated.  Cue pundit saying "well if they play like that for the rest of the season they'll be fine".   Fast forward a few months and you usually see the same team languishing at or around the bottom of the league. 

59 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

With a new boss in place who gets the January window to address some glaring squad needs, 5th or 6th place is maybe do-able. It'll need the likes of United to have a very poor run as much as us improving though.  But certainly keeping us safe comfortably in no worse a position than we are now, with a far bigger gap to the bottom sides. His big problem going forward is offloading the utter shite that Glass has landed us with.

Stick with Glass and 10th (or worse) is an eminent possibilty

With a new boss in charge this week, with even some light squad tweaking in Jan, 3rd or 4th is easily achievable.

Nobody can tell me Hearts, Utd or Hibs are even half decent. St Johnstone and Motherwell are abominations of football teams. Even the Scum are shit.

It’s THAT simple Dave, it really is. Make the fucking move, min.

There’s massive apathy out there, surely he can read the mood music? Crowds will be down to 8000 before long

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

With a new boss in charge this week, with even some light squad tweaking in Jan, 3rd or 4th is easily achievable.

It’s THAT simple

12 points to make up to catch 3rd place & we are already a little under halfway through season. No chance. Certainly not easily ffs. 

Can’t see Hearts dropping off so much that we could surpass them now. Even with a new manager & fantastic turn around. Even 4th place is probably beyond us without a major transformation. 69 points available but doubt we will secure half that. 

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s THAT simple

I think 3rd has already gone. And probably 4th. 

It would take the arses to fall out of Hearts. United and Hibs' seasons collectively for us to get into those spots. And us to capitalise by going on a decent winning run. I don't see either of those scenarios happening. 

There's 40% of the season gone already. Even if we replaced Glass tomorrow, we have the majority of our defenders out injured. And another about to face a one match ban later in the month. And now McGeouch and Brown might be missing too. A new manager would do well to pick up 50% of the points available in December. Which would probably be enough to keep us where we are, maybe gaining a place or 2 at most, but not with any great lead over the teams immediately behind us. More likely I think we'll pick up between 4-7 points no matter who is the manager, although if none of those come in the next 2 games you'd surely think that's curtains for Glass

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think 3rd has already gone. And probably 4th. 

It would take the arses to fall out of Hearts. United and Hibs' seasons collectively for us to get into those spots. And us to capitalise by going on a decent winning run. I don't see either of those scenarios happening. 

There's 40% of the season gone already. Even if we replaced Glass tomorrow, we have the majority of our defenders out injured. And another about to face a one match ban later in the month. And now McGeouch and Brown might be missing too. A new manager would do well to pick up 50% of the points available in December. Which would probably be enough to keep us where we are, maybe gaining a place or 2 at most, but not with any great lead over the teams immediately behind us. More likely I think we'll pick up between 4-7 points no matter who is the manager, although if none of those come in the next 2 games you'd surely think that's curtains for Glass

The probability was Brown missing wed night anyway, those 36 year old legs probably couldn’t cope with 3 games in 7 days.

I think 4 points from this week keeps him in post, however unpalatable that might seem.

Anything less and he’s gone by Sunday morning 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I see the usual Monday deflection by @afc1903mad@afc1903mad is in full swing again. 

2 wins in 16 games, 11 being defeats. What is your defence of that record? 

If you have a disagreement with a post I've made, quote it and make your point.

I said before the game i was not confident of a result at the weekend and in essence it was a better result than I had anticipated 

2 hours ago, Woody21 said:

I will be off the site by close of play. However if a) below transpires I will make a donation to a charity of your choice post season end.

If truth be told if we continue the way we are going Glass will either fall on his sword or be punted well before the split takes place.

Possible outcomes:

a) If Glass remains in post beyond split and we stay up you win.

b) If Glass remains in post beyond split and we get relegated I win.

c) If Colgate Teeth grows a pair and replaces Glass well before the split the arrangement is null and void

Fair enough, pick your charity and I'll have a think where I want you to send your money ;)

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

If you have a disagreement with a post I've made, quote it and make your point.

I said before the game i was not confident of a result at the weekend and in essence it was a better result than I had anticipated 

I just made my point. 

Which, as Glass' biggest advocate, is that I'd like your views on our 2 wins in the last 16 games, 11 of which have been defeats. 

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well you're discrediting Neil as a suggestion as a replacement so in that regard you're making an unavoidable comparison.

Only in your world. We've been through this before and explained how you can differentiate

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I just made my point. 

Which, as Glass' biggest advocate, is that I'd like your views on our 2 wins in the last 16 games, 11 of which have been defeats. 

I'm backing the team and new manager regardless of who it was.

As for my views on the results. Not good enough, must do better.

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Only in your world. We've been through this before and explained how you can differentiate

I'm backing the team and new manager regardless of who it was.

As for my views on the results. Not good enough, must do better.

Every time someone mentions Neil you go to extreme lengths to discredit him. 

Simple question 

Do you think Stephen Glass is a better manager than Alex Neil?

With regards to our current situation, at what point do the defeats become unacceptable to you? 

55 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Fair enough, pick your charity and I'll have a think where I want you to send your money ;)

Crohn's and Colitis UK will be my choice.

Admire yer confidence min but if DC leaves Glass in post for the whole season we're toast. The man's management statistics in all posts to date SHOULD have alerted the egotistic one that he wasn't up to the job.

DC's arrogance could end badly too.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Every time someone mentions Neil you go to extreme lengths to discredit him. 

Every time I say something that is not to your liking, you troll and try to twist it into something that has nothing to do with the context.

Give it a rest min

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think Stephen Glass is a better manager than Alex Neil?

I have never compared Glass with Neil. Its a moot point. Glass is our manager and if he was relieved of his duties, we'd be discussing the merits of available realistic managers with no relevance to comparison with Glass

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

With regards to our current situation, at what point do the defeats become unacceptable to you? 

Do you need to have the same answer time and time again? I believe the manager should be given time, at the moment its Glass, but if he was replaced I'd expect the new manager to be given time as well. It was always going to be a transitional period. 

Its far too early to be pishing or soiling our pants.

So we'll see how the next run of games go. If by the winter break were in the relegation spots, then yes, it'll be time to consider making a change 

Now, please bear in mind, if I think you are just trolling spouting the same repetitive questions over my posts, I will regard them as already answered an no longer feed you.

6 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Crohn's and Colitis UK will be my choice.

Admire yer confidence min but if DC leaves Glass in post for the whole season we're toast. The man's management statistics in all posts to date SHOULD have alerted the egotistic one that he wasn't up to the job.

DC's arrogance could end badly too.

Actually, a great charity, I'll pick the same

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Every time I say something that is not to your liking, you troll and try to twist it into something that has nothing to do with the context.

Give it a rest min

I have never compared Glass with Neil. Its a moot point. Glass is our manager and if he was relieved of his duties, we'd be discussing the merits of available realistic managers with no relevance to comparison with Glass

Do you need to have the same answer time and time again? I believe the manager should be given time, at the moment its Glass, but if he was replaced I'd expect the new manager to be given time as well. It was always going to be a transitional period. 

Its far too early to be pishing or soiling our pants.

So we'll see how the next run of games go. If by the winter break were in the relegation spots, then yes, it'll be time to consider making a change 

Now, please bear in mind, if I think you are just trolling spouting the same repetitive questions over my posts, I will regard them as already answered an no longer feed you.

So you'd only consider replacing him if he actually dropped into the bottom two? 

Ps. I'm not trolling. I'm trying to understand your position better. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So you'd only consider replacing him if he actually dropped into the bottom two? 

No, but that would certainly be a position to entertain making a change.

It's irrelevant anyway as I expect we'll be back in the top 6 come the end of December

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ps. I'm not trolling. I'm trying to understand your position better. 

You are trolling, you go over the same things time and again