Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

4 minutes ago, The_Next_Legend said:

All 3 teams below us have gams in hand, they win those and we go 2nd bottom.

4 teams currently below us.

Before they play those games in hand (Ross County plays St Johnstone, Dundee is away to Hibs, Livi at home to Hibs), the table will change  

Tomorrow we play Livingston, so in our own hands to start opening up a gap

Dundee are playing St Johnstone, so points will be dropped between those teams

St Mirren are at home to Ross County, again points to be dropped there.

Tonight, just above us, Motherwell and Dundee Utd play each other, so again points to be dropped between them

Hibs also host SevCo, so again a potential opportunity to close the gap (although always love when SevCo drop points) 

Incidentally, Celtic host Hearts, so its entirely plausible we could reduce the gap to 3rd to only 9 points

1 game at a time though and we need to make sure we get a win against Livi tomorrow

COYR's

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

If 2 teams around us were to draw and we get beat how does that count as 'points dropped' when both teams gain a point on us? 

And again, if one of those teams wins and we don't then how does that count as 'points dropped' if one team is getting 2 or 3 more points than us? 

This 'points dropped' stuff only has relevance if we are winning our games. 

This was the fear when Glass was announced... a guy with only around 60 games under his belt as a manager, and the vast majority of those games at clubs playing in leagues comparable to the lower leagues in Scotland. 

And his track record in those lower leagues was pathetic. 

There was nothing in his CV that suggested he was in any way competent enough to come to Aberdeen and do anything other than struggle, and that's exactly what's happening.. his performance is tracking exactly as you would expect for someone without the experience or ability required to manage at this level. 

A supposed  top club shouldn't be hiring rookie managers and hoping they learn on the job... that's fucking asinine.

As always, I take enormous pleasure in being right, but it's disappointing that it's Aberdeen that's suffering. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If 2 teams around us were to draw and we get beat how does that count as 'points dropped' when both teams gain a point on us? 

And again, if one of those teams wins and we don't then how does that count as 'points dropped' if one team is getting 2 or 3 more points than us? 

This 'points dropped' stuff only has relevance if we are winning our games. 

Not quite.

In my post I referenced Dundee are playing St Johnstone. Both teams cannot gain maximum points, therefore both teams in that scenario cannot go above us.

Ideally, you'd want both teams to draw, so that they both drop 2 points they had potential of.

If they draw, then we'd have to lose before St Johnstone went above us on goal difference. Else if they both draw, we could gain 2 points on both as opposed to 3 points from one and 0 from the other 

I've posted several times about my concern at the current situation and the fact that there is a real risk of relegation. What I find most disturbing is the way Cormack has virtually walked away from it all after his crazy radio interview. It's his responsibility for the mess we are in. What does Glass actually have to do to get the sack? Is he immune from dismissal? I'm almost resigned to the fact that things won't change as Cormack will tough it out, by which time it will be too late.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I've posted several times about my concern at the current situation and the fact that there is a real risk of relegation. What I find most disturbing is the way Cormack has virtually walked away from it all after his crazy radio interview. It's his responsibility for the mess we are in. What does Glass actually have to do to get the sack? Is he immune from dismissal? I'm almost resigned to the fact that things won't change as Cormack will tough it out, by which time it will be too late.

Lose or draw the next 2 home games and there should be mass demonstrations ouside pittodrie calling for laurel and hardy to quit. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think it'll come to a head at huns game if things don't improve by then. Those mad enough to attend tomorrow night won't have any interest in protests. 

You'll see me banging that main stand door brother! 

GET OUTTT! GET OUTTTT!

12 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think it'll come to a head at huns game if things don't improve by then. Those mad enough to attend tomorrow night won't have any interest in protests. 

Cormack's hubris and boundless ego will be battling against the businessman side of his persona. 

He won't want to be proven wrong, but at the same time he'll see bottom six looming, declining crowds, and diminishing income. 

Only Dave himself knows which way he's going to tip, and when. But he dug his heels firmly into the sand with his mental interview, so I feel he's going to be bloody-minded in support of his mate, Glass, for far longer than makes any sense. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Not quite.

In my post I referenced Dundee are playing St Johnstone. Both teams cannot gain maximum points, therefore both teams in that scenario cannot go above us.

Ideally, you'd want both teams to draw, so that they both drop 2 points they had potential of.

If they draw, then we'd have to lose before St Johnstone went above us on goal difference. Else if they both draw, we could gain 2 points on both as opposed to 3 points from one and 0 from the other 

Yeah but this only works if we win our game. Otherwise we lose ground 

1 hour ago, Stoneybloke said:

Cormack, who usually loves a tweet, hasn't posted on his twitter since 31 Oct

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah but this only works if we win our game. Otherwise we lose ground 

You're missing my point again (is it deliberate?).

To put it bluntly, in the context of tomorrows nights games, both Dundee and St Johnstone for example, cannot go above us as they play each other. One or both teams will miss that opportunity as they drop (potential) points. Both teams cant gain maximum points

We however have the opportunity (granted may not be fulfilled) to gain points on either team (depending on their result) or indeed both of them 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Question: If Glass were to miraculously win the Scottish cup but finished 10th in the league, would you still want him replaced?

STFU

Just now, afc1903mad said:

You're missing my point again (is it deliberate?).

To put it bluntly, in the context of tomorrows nights games, both Dundee and St Johnstone for example, cannot go above us as they play each other. One or both teams will miss that opportunity as they drop (potential) points. Both teams cant gain maximum points

We however have the opportunity (granted may not be fulfilled) to gain points on either team (depending on their result) or indeed both of them 

I'm not missing your point.  It's just hard work as usual. 

If we lose our game and the other game is drawn then they both gain a point on us

We only gain from their draw if we win our game. 

Basic arithmetic. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not missing your point.  It's just hard work as usual. 

If we lose our game and the other game is drawn then they both gain a point on us

We only gain from their draw if we win our game. 

Basic arithmetic. 

Agreed, its not hard, but you make it so.

Forget about our result for just a moment, my point was referencing only their individual games.

Both teams (Dundee and St Johnstone) have the opportunity for 3 points. Both teams however cannot get 3 points, therefore there will be points dropped in their game by at least one or maybe both teams.

Nothing to do with our result and whether they gain on us or not.

Its simply guaranteed dropped points in their game which as a result (now considering our game) gives us the opportunity to gain on one or both of them.

In the worst case scenario, yes we could lose ground on 3 teams (lose to Livi and Dundee / St Johnstone draw), yet also have the potential to gain distance on all three ;).

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Forget about our result for just a moment, my point was referencing only their individual games.

Both teams (Dundee and St Johnstone) have the opportunity for 3 points. Both teams however cannot get 3 points, therefore there will be points dropped in their game by at least one or maybe both teams.

Its simply guaranteed dropped points in their game which as a result (now considering our game) gives us the opportunity to gain on one or both of them.

In the worst case scenario, yes we could lose ground on 3 teams (lose to Livi and Dundee / St Johnstone draw), yet also have the potential to gain distance on all three ;).

But only a circa 28% potential. 

??

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

This is fine. But we don't exist in a vacuum. 

Let's end it here before folk slit their wrists. (mine are already bleeding out slowly)