Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

11 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

It’s all very well winning at home. High time Glass and the team got results away from home. He also need to address our drop in performance in the opening 15-20 mins of the second half. He now has the chance to haul us up the table into a European spot. Only takes 3 wins to catch up.

Let’s hope the winning results keep going. I hope he keeps starting JET in the team as we seem to play a better attacking system when he starts. We definitely need to improve during the 90 minutes but we are a work in progress.

The football today is more like what I expect us to play from now on. 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

It’s all very well winning at home. High time Glass and the team got results away from home. He also need to address our drop in performance in the opening 15-20 mins of the second half. He now has the chance to haul us up the table into a European spot. Only takes 3 wins to catch up.

4 wins in 24 away matches I read earlier 

26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Good two wins but he is a long way off salvaging things yet

Aye, we need a decent run.

Previously two or three decent results have been followed by a poor run.

To convince the doubters, the next two potentially difficult away games at St Johnstone & Hibs would be a good place to start to quieten the doubters (I’m one) some more.

6 hours ago, DelMonte said:

It’s a work in progress. There’s some parts of yesterday’s game that were really poor but the potential is there. Played some amazing football at times. If you can’t see it then you simply don’t want to. 

Its tough to endure when it goes wrong, Motherwell home and away. 

Looking forward to next week, if we can get a win in Perth it sets us up perfectly. 

As others have said its getting tight points wise so if we can win 3 out of next 5 it should see us going into winter break in a decent position. 

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

It’s a work in progress. There’s some parts of yesterday’s game that were really poor but the potential is there. Played some amazing football at times. If you can’t see it then you simply don’t want to. 

Been saying the same for a long time and mocked for it.

The game now are far better to watch than the last few years.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Nobody is mocking you for that. They give you a hard time because you're so needy about being proven right all the time. 

If the team play well folk will give them credit.  Even Glass' biggest detractors on here were complimentary on here last night.  And folk were complimentary early in the season before the defensive frailties were exposed. 

If they're shit then there will naturally be criticism.

It's that simple. 

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye football fans are fickle bunch,as seen on here often enough,one week want him sacked,next week its "Well let's see".. Haaaa

It is a work in process,not going to turn round in a few months needs time...Let him get on with it,much better to watch than the drivel Deek was serving up last couple of seasons.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nobody is mocking you for that. They give you a hard time because you're so needy about being proven right all the time. 

If the team play well folk will give them credit.  Even Glass' biggest detractors on here were complimentary on here last night.  And folk were complimentary early in the season before the defensive frailties were exposed. 

If they're shit then there will naturally be criticism.

It's that simple. 

That’s bollox. I’m not needy at all, just pointing out what I’ve been saying for some time now.

Not surprised that it’s you the troll that’s got a hard time accepting I had a point

10 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye football fans are fickle bunch,as seen on here often enough,one week want him sacked,next week its "Well let's see".. Haaaa

It is a work in process,not going to turn round in a few months needs time...Let him get on with it,much better to watch than the drivel Deek was serving up last couple of seasons.

Absolutely

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That’s bollox. I’m not needy at all, just pointing out what I’ve been saying for some time now.

Not surprised that it’s you the troll that’s got a hard time accepting I had a point

Your first reaction after the game last night was to repost your bit about expecting us to win both games. When you've predicted we'll win most games this season and we've lost more than we've won. 

Look, when we play like we did in the first half yesterday and win games 4-1 everyone is going to be chuffed. 

But you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about folk disagreeing with your everything is rosy in the garden stance when we were losing games on the bounce. 

Nobody is 'mocking' you. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Your first reaction after the game last night was to repost your bit about expecting us to win both games. When you've predicted well win most games this season and we've lost more than we've won. 

Look, when we play like we did in the first half yesterday and win games 4-1 everyone is going to be chuffed. 

But you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about folk disagreeing with your everything is rosy in the garden stance when we were losing games on the bounce. 

You don’t half talk bollox

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

It was a serious answer. I honestly don’t see the fuss in Alex Neil. Done extremely little as a manager.

I think he gets a bit of credit for bringing through youngsters and doing fairly well at Hamilton (by their standards), and having some managerial experience at a reasonable level down south. I think that's why folk find him a bit more appealing than some of the other names that get banded about. He's certainly done more as a manager than our current manager.