Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

26 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Is everyone now happy to keep going with Glass as the manager or anyone still wanting a change? 

We've still got a losing record, more defeats than wins. 

W7 D3 L8 so far

Needs to keep the current run going. If he starts winning more than he loses on a consistent basis then he won't get much hassle. 

A good Scottish Cup run would help him win folk over. 

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Sad indictment of the Glass era so far that we are only 18 games into season (not quite half way) & already we are wanting the arse cheeks (today) to beat the teams above us.

We should ALWAYS be wanting the arse cheeks to lose.

Should never drop to wanting their help to boost our chances of being ‘best of the rest’ that should be something we are doing for ourselves as the minimum 

Absolutely, still the case right now.

Celtic and SevCo to get beat. Motherwell and Hearts will drop points elsewhere

3 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

If they manage to win against hibs Dundee and rangers maybe give him until the end of the year,  if he screws up January window like the last one let him go end of season. 

I presume you are taking the piss there. 

If they win those next three games, that will be the end of the year and they would have have won six in a row. But you would “maybe give him to the end of the year”. 

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I presume you are taking the piss there. 

If they win those next three games, that will be the end of the year and they would have have won six in a row. But you would “maybe give him to the end of the year”. 

Exactly, any manager who can win 6 in a row including a result at the Huns is a good manager end of.  5/6 would be great, we would have taken 1/6 earlier in the season so it is time to get behind Stephen.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Exactly, any manager who can win 6 in a row including a result at the Huns is a good manager end of.  5/6 would be great, we would have taken 1/6 earlier in the season so it is time to get behind Stephen.

I wouldn’t have taken 1 in 6. He still has a bit to go to win me over. The latest win is like the Livingston win. Good fortune. Always welcome but luck will not by itself win anything. Mid table mediocrity is not a success. Onwards and upwards please. 

37 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I wouldn’t have taken 1 in 6. He still has a bit to go to win me over. The latest win is like the Livingston win. Good fortune. Always welcome but luck will not by itself win anything. Mid table mediocrity is not a success. Onwards and upwards please. 

Just a point behind 4th.

we’ve got to be looking upwards. Win a week on Wednesday and we could be up there creating a 7 point gap to Hibs (if they were to get beat from Dundee this midweek)

We will skelp Hibs. Their defence is shambolic and when Del steps in so he can play against Stephen Glass he will get a doze of our new attacking philosophy which will result in a beating for our former manager.

The Hibs fans will clap him on the walk to the dugout and we will clap him off on his way back in. Del’s football 0 v Glassball 5

22 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

That should be the benchmark for anyone who is manager of Aberdeen FC, this season has been pretty shit and hopefully he turns the corner but we should'nt have to put up with a wasted season for him to learn his job.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still a Glass fan, but I am beginning to wonder why. 

The football is definitely better than the latter McInnes days, but the players don’t seem to get it. Maybe Scottish football really should just be hoof ball. 

He needs to drop his love affair with Ojo. Yes, some players blow hot and cold, Hedges/Watkins/JET for example. But Ojo just offers fuck all every game, but he starts all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

This prawcess has to end, SG is out his depth however I see this continuing for a while yet. The latest COVID break has come at the right time for him. 

I agree, but he’s not going anywhere.

I just hope he makes a better job of the January  window than the mess he made of the summer window, albeit there won’t be anything like the same turnover of players. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree, but he’s not going anywhere.

I just hope he makes a better job of the January  window than the mess he made of the summer window, albeit there won’t be anything like the same turnover of players. 

I really wanted this to work however........

DC will back him in the January sales however I have a feeling he will spunk a ton of money on shite unless Mowbray comes up with a few gems.

Just now, Simosmashed my knee said:

DC will back him in the January sales however I have a feeling he will spunk a ton of money on shite unless Mowbray comes up with a few gems.

A lot riding on Mowbray already. 

Hope he's the real deal. At the moment though I'm concerned that he's the manager's mate's brother. 

We'll find out soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Mowbray’s first “contribution” was Samuels, who has looked non-league standard.

Difficult to make a heap of changes in January.

We could genuinely lose about 7 players & they’d barely be missed. 

It’ll never happen in January but about 7 out & 3 in would do until the summer (desperately need speed & some creativity). 
It’ll be driven by who we lose and if any decent fees are had.