Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

41 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

February sacking imho, when the season is over. There’s no way he can motivate a team to go and match Motherwell away in a cup tie. St Mirren just had to try harder last night, that’s all it takes to beat the Dons.

Correct.

We’ll have 66% possession at Motherwell & lose 1-0 or 2-0 with them having 2 shots on goal.

#Glassout 

But it won’t be a February sacking. Data Dave won’t see a defeat at Motherwell as a sackable offence.

We’ll limp on to the end of the season then review it. 

Needed to have gone after Dundee away. 

We've not made any real progress since then. 

At this point it's negligible to keep him in his position. It was the right idea, wrong person. 

The strategy can continue without SG. 

8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye we are going to start dropping down that list. No Thursday night European games for the first time in 8 years this summer is gonna be grim. 

But league cup groups midweek trip to Fraserburgh should be boozy

The one season where 3rd guarantees you group stage football (I think) & £4m-£5m, but instead of challenging for that like we should, we have a manager/coach in place who’ll have us scrambling for the top 6.

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Needed to have gone after Dundee away. 

We've not made any real progress since then. 

At this point it's negligible to keep him in his position. It was the right idea, wrong person. 

The strategy can continue without SG. 

Yip.

Except this time, let’s have a short list of 4-5 names & an interview process. 

3 hours ago, redone said:

Do you think St Mirren weren’t having a go ?.....  They were on the front foot from the start and showed as much attacking threat , if not more , than we did.  Even in the closing stages when we should have been having a go to salvage something they showed more urgency to get forward than us.

Don’t get me wrong , St Mirren were poor too and if it wasn’t for their one decent attempt on goal (which was practically a  free-kick,  thanks to Ramsay) I doubt if their fans would’ve been all that happy with their performance.

Glass wasnt responsible for all the basic errors such as misplaced or mishit passes  ,  heavy touches , poor control etc which pretty much every outfield player was guilty of. 

Well the Chairman's pal picks the team, he picks the formation, he should know how the opposition generally set up, he should be able to combat that and change as appropriate. Glass was unable to do any of that as is becoming the norm.

Also if he hasn't made such a horrendous backside of the last transfer window maybe he would have had players capable of turning it around and not having to bring on a useless JET who has been an utterly horrendous addition.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The last 12 away matches.

1 win.

Analyse that data Dave

#Glassout

Thats mental. Most of those are the easy wins we used to have for breakfast. Easy wins that would see us comfortably in the top 4 minimum.... I'm all for changing things up to move forwards but you can't be the team that gives St Mirren their 2 home wins in 4 months

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I certainly would be tempted to take whatever money we can get for Hedges and Ramsay as quickly as possible to help fund getting new players in. If we can hold onto Ferguson until the summer then fair enough but get the other two sold. I wasn’t originally for selling Ramsay but his displays recently are completely off the boil and he has obviously has his head dreaming of what might be (regarding a new club) rather than doing the good things that got him in the team at the start. 

I think part of the issue with Ramsay is that he's no longer a surprise package - teams have sussed us out... our only attacking threat comes through Ramsay throwing crosses into the box. Stop him and we've got virtually no other threat. The second half last night I can't remember Ramsay even getting into the St Mirren half.

I'm all for taking the money for Hedges and Ramsay (and even Ferguson as I think his value will be about as high as it's going to get) - but I don't trust these jokers to bring in decent replacements - and even if they do, I don't trust them to deploy them correctly in the team, or motivate them to perform.

St Johnstone are fighting for their lives - and we've got very little fight in our team... I can see another horrific spectacle on Saturday, decided by 1 goal.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think part of the issue with Ramsay is that he's no longer a surprise package - teams have sussed us out... our only attacking threat comes through Ramsay throwing crosses into the box. Stop him and we've got virtually no other threat. The second half last night I can't remember Ramsay even getting into the St Mirren half.

I'm all for taking the money for Hedges and Ramsay (and even Ferguson as I think his value will be about as high as it's going to get) - but I don't trust these jokers to bring in decent replacements - and even if they do, I don't trust them to deploy them correctly in the team, or motivate them to perform.

St Johnstone are fighting for their lives - and we've got very little fight in our team... I can see another horrific spectacle on Saturday, decided by 1 goal.

It’s certainly been a wake up call the result last night. We need fresh ideas and new players into our work in progress. I still state that any team that starts with Jenks, Campbell and Ojo in it will not win a match in the top league.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Isn’t it?  

Are you “inspired”?  ...... No

How much attacking, exciting football have you seen? 1 in 4 games maybe? ......aye, and that’s being generous

How often do we see “intensity” & “pace”.....  not very often

And we’re a million miles from being a top 100 UEFA club. As far away as ever. ...... Agreed...certainly further away than we were under McInnes

#Glassout

I’m not disputing these points.... but the puff piece was just a statement of the club’s “aims”.   And I think the club , and in particular Cormack , were sincere about that.

But there’s not a hope in hell of these aims coming anywhere close to being achieved wth the present squad And management. 

36 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Remember also that the one win we've got there... against St Johnstone... came through a goal that should probably not have been allowed with Jenks handball.

Playing Devil’s Advocate, Beaton robbed us of a win at the Bastard Garden to counter that point.

But yes, the above stats, added to TEN defeats in 22 (the same as Livi & Ross County FFS) should be sackable.

How anyone can defend that is beyond me.

Get. Him. Out. 

No chance I’ll be renewing my season ticket for 22/23 if he’s still in charge. 

• Upvote 2

Glass is the “Manager”. if he needs someone to come in and help then hes not up to the job. 

IMo he is never going to be a manager. he doesn’t have it in him. Its clear as day. He might be a decent coach but hes never going to be manager good enough for AFC. I don’t blame him though. He never should have been in the running for the job in the 1st place. 

1 minute ago, beer gut said:

Glass is the “Manager”. if he needs someone to come in and help then hes not up to the job. 

IMo he is never going to be a manager. he doesn’t have it in him. Its clear as day. He might be a decent coach but hes never going to be manager good enough for AFC. I don’t blame him though. He never should have been in the running for the job in the 1st place. 

He is proving he’s not up to the job every time we play a team below 4th

I don’t think we will finish outside top 6 as even after tonight’s games we may be only 3/4 points off 4th which is laughable in itself. But I am pretty confident even if we finished 5th or 6th and out of Europe he would still get next season. I just have that feeling he would have to finish bottom half to even consider sacking especially since the chairman has openly backed him.