Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Too many knee jerk reactions  in fitba nowadays....Blackburn 0 Fulham 7,crowd going mad for Mowbary's head....Stuck by him 8 wins and draw after that thrashing now second in Championship. 

Southampton manager twice last season beaten 9-0 by Leicester  and Man Utd,now got them playing attractive stuff and other clubs after him.

Glass has got things wrong every manager does,but he's been here two minutes and a Novice,so I'll at least give him to end of season to see how it pans out.

The greatest of all of them our own Sir Alex,didn't  hit the ground running at Manchester and was nearly out the door before it all  came good.

Modern fans fickle as fuck.

I can’t see him turning it around but you’re right overall.

No Glass doesn't inspire. He was a terrible choice for manager which most of us on here predicted before he was even appointed. 

He doesn't even come across as a nice guy anymore. Forever throwing players under the bus. Don't doubt he wants to do well, but I don't think the players are playing for him and he doesn't seem to have much of a clue about what he's doing.

Can only hope Cormack comes to his senses in summer. I can't see Cormack admitting he was wrong before then, if at all.

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The definition of a chequebook manager him

The way Pep implements his style of play definitely improves teams but its always easy where he goes. Always the best team already with the most money. So no problem to get them to play his brand of football or to bring in the best players to do it... absolutely not worthy of being mentioned alongside Fergie.

Be interesting to see him go to even the likes of Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli or Atletico Madrid. Teams with plenty of money but not the top sides... I reckon he'd struggle

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The way Pep implements his style of play definitely improves teams but its always easy where he goes. Always the best team already with the most money. So no problem to get them to play his brand of football or to bring in the best players to do it... absolutely not worthy of being mentioned alongside Fergie.

Be interesting to see him go to even the likes of Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli or Atletico Madrid. Teams with plenty of money but not the top sides... I reckon he'd struggle

Whilst I'd agree he has been fortunate to have a bank roll - plenty have had that fortune and fallen on their faces - I doubt he's a Clough who made teams great and when a player left they were never as good again - few managers that effective but few players have left Pep and gone on to be better elsewhere - that's the mark of a manger imo and Fergie was given a fair wedge at Man U and very fortunate with his crop of youngsters - not to take anything away from him for his performance with us or Man U - he remains a true great.

Was Man City really the best team before Pep arrived - or just the most expensive?

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Whilst I'd agree he has been fortunate to have a bank roll - plenty have had that fortune and fallen on their faces - I doubt he's a Clough who made teams great and when a player left they were never as good again - few managers that effective but few players have left Pep and gone on to be better elsewhere - that's the mark of a manger imo and Fergie was given a fair wedge at Man U and very fortunate with his crop of youngsters - not to take anything away from him for his performance with us or Man U - he remains a true great.

Was Man City really the best team before Pep arrived - or just the most expensive?

Arrived in 2016 and they'd won the league in 2013 and 2015 and had by far the most money. Helps get your ideas and tactics across when you can bring in anyone you like. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's easy to do what he is doing. But I don't think he can apply what he does at any team other than one that is already established with a shit load of money. 

Man Utd hadnt won the league since 1967 when Ferguson came in. Who had just ridiculously won 3 league titles and 2 european trophies with bloody aberdeen... never mind the other cups. Went on to win 13 titles with Man U and they havent won any since he left. That was with big competition from teams spending similar or more at those times. The likes of Blackburn, Liverpool, Chelsea spent big. Football changed over the course of his time but he seemed to adapt too. I actually hated Man U but have to applaud what he did.

Pep very much pigeon holed into the "make a brilliant team with loads of money even better" hole for me

Aberdeen have been fortunate with managers like Turnbull and Ferguson there has also been reasonable others but we have also had our fair share of dross like McGee and Patterson The terminology losing the dressing room is quite often used,   never having had the dressing room is more relevant in the case of Glass the signings have been atrocious the thought of even considering Devlin albeit worse if it’s not his decision (probably). I’ve watched Aberdeen for over 50 years and this is the worst manager set up I’ve witnessed not that the others were not pretty poor, but at least you could  get rid of them, which did happen on many occasions.The fans have no say now with one man in control who knows fuck all about football.

• Upvote 1
On 1/27/2022 at 3:42 AM, Torry Tosser said:

Glass has got things wrong every manager does,but he's been here two minutes and a Novice,so I'll at least give him to end of season to see how it pans out.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:09 AM, NEM said:

Therein lies the problem.  The jobs probably too big for a novice

Correct. The Aberdeen job isn't a project to cut one's teeth on.

We're now looking at needing everything to come together in the second half of the season just to finish fourth.

Sunderland have been in EFL1 far too long, despite being a total mess off the field. Although there are a number of similar sized clubs in it who are in exactly the same boat (Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Charlton, Portsmouth and Bolton) who look unlikely to do so.

They cannot risk not getting promoted this season and a 6-0 defeat just couldn't be tolerated. They do burn through an extraordinary number of managers though

19 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Lee Johnson just sacked from Sunderland despite being 2 points off top of League 1 in Englandshire.

Imagine if our board had the balls to say 3rd is not good enough, can imagine Johnson feels hard done by, but 6-0 defeat... 

3 or 4 clubs experience and has had his Sunderland team playing some good football

Rotherham and Wigan have 2/4 games in hand. Sunderland won’t get automatic promotion. 

They’ve been pumped quite a few times away under him as well. It’s not quite as shocking as it looks. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

I think we should start cutting this manager some slack. It’s far too obvious now he is just nothing more than a coach. I would be surprised if he actually gets to pick the team without Gunn and Cormack giving it the go ahead.

If that was the case Glass would deserve no sympathy being so gutless, I would put him in "the little boy lost" category.

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Remember how we all pissed ourselves laughing at Cathro at Hearts as the lil boy lost behind his laptop?

Other teams fans must be fkn doing same rgds us/Glass ?

At least Hearts had the gumption to realise things weren't working and pulled the trigger on him after about 8 months

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It's a word thats overused so loses its impact,  but glass is a bona-fide idiot

Actual idiot

What is he doing with ojo on the wing

What does he think he brings to that role?

I absolutely hate him

+ a million

Wouldn’t be too surprised to find out he’s got difficulties in which case I’d feel sorry for him.

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It's a word thats overused so loses its impact,  but glass is a bona-fide idiot

Actual idiot

What is he doing with ojo on the wing

What does he think he brings to that role?

I absolutely hate him

Boy cant cross a ball. Against Rangers and Edinburgh he cut the ball behind the striker every fucking time he got in behind the defence, and tonight he didnt even manage that.

A shit player being managed by a shit manager. 

Glass is going to be a failure because he refuses to change his tactics. No changes because of the opponents, not because of the score, the minutes to go or anything else.

I can see it already that giving him another window and time to work with the players in pre season is not going to change that.

His style is possession football and little passes with the theory of opening up defence. 

He's absolute pish