Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I wonder what Stephen Glass actually thinks of Steven Gunn. He obviously has to work under him, but I wonder if he thinks his boss is very limited because he isn’t qualified for the job. Or are they best mates and just have too much of a great time together but end up with no actual work return in the process. 
I still maintain that any manager worth their salt would not work under Steven Gunn. The evidence of what we are producing on the football front backs that up. Glass was too desperate to get the job without realising the consequences. 

There's the thing. 

The only person who fully comprehends what Glass wants to do is Glass... therefore he should be the guy driving transfers. 

If he has no meaningful input then he needs to put on his big boy pants and demand he have, at the very least, the final say in players who come in. 

McInnes, fair play to him, seems to have shown his displeasure at Hernandezshenanigansgate. 

A director of football, has to have a knowledge of players,. Infrastructure, coaching, youth programme, have a good contact book, an experience of dealing with agents, and other chairmen, probably a grasp of UEFA and FIFA laws,

A good knowledge of SFA and SPFL  regs, 

And be someone the head coach can approach and bounce ideas and problems off,

The head coach has to have belief in thier ability and experience,

None of which Gunn has

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There's the thing. 

The only person who fully comprehends what Glass wants to do is Glass... therefore he should be the guy driving transfers. 

If he has no meaningful input then he needs to put on his big boy pants and demand he have, at the very least, the final say in players who come in. 

McInnes, fair play to him, seems to have shown his displeasure at Hernandezshenanigansgate. 

I am sure Cormack stated during an interview that he was only wanting a certain type of manager. It was one who would work with a DOF and a head of recruitment. I find it absolutely extraordinary that Glass couldn’t get in at least 1 more striker during the January window….the DOF and head of recruitment should be ashamed as it will more than likely backfire against us. I really have sympathy for Stephen Glass the manager as he seems very restricted but as you suggest as a man he should be demanding more. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

The set up is a mess but there's no doubting that regardless of the set up, Glass is not a manager. We've been shambolic most of the season. 

I think that's largely the consensus at this point. 

The experiment has failed, the lab's on fire, and all the mutant animals have escaped into the facility. 

spacer.png

@AFC @DaveCormack™ @SGlass

• Like 1
On 2/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Broken_Glass said:

Give yourself a good shake for Christ sake!

Loss to St Mirren was worse than anything I ever witnessed under McGhee. Players are clearly not playing for the manager given the recent performances.

Well this is a complete and utter bullshit statement just because you can’t stand glass or cormack. 

Either that or you weren’t at many of the games when McGee was in charge. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well this is a complete and utter bullshit statement just because you can’t stand glass or cormack. 

Either that or you weren’t at many of the games when McGee was in charge. 

Aye not as bad as McGhee's worst (9-0 springs to mind).

But, it was an appalling performance. Not sure how anyone can have faith in Glass after that. 

7 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

If we lose to Motherwell in the cup he should walk. I want them to win but being realistic not confident and if the worst senario happens Cormack must act quickly. No bullshit

I’d agree. I suppose (no laughing) he could win us the Cup. 
Lose at Motherwell, which we probably will given our abysmal away form, then Dave Cormack has to do the right thing.

Will he?

Probanly not.

We’ll limp on in the vain hope we sneak 4th & Europe. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nothing will happen before the summer at the very earliest

No matter what happens between now and then. 

Strap in for the remaining 16 games. 

Lose against Livi, Celtic and St J in the league plus exit the cup at Motherwell and his arse would surely be toast? Might even be under severe pressure if he scrapes draws against Livi and St J.

We aren't so comfortable in the league that we can definitively say we are out of relegation bother yet. It's unlikely we would finish rock bottom but 2 points or less from those league games and we'll get overtaken by United and possibly St Mirren, with the teams below that starting to play catch up with us

31 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Lose against Livi, Celtic and St J in the league plus exit the cup at Motherwell and his arse would surely be toast? Might even be under severe pressure if he scrapes draws against Livi and St J.

We aren't so comfortable in the league that we can definitively say we are out of relegation bother yet. It's unlikely we would finish rock bottom but 2 points or less from those league games and we'll get overtaken by United and possibly St Mirren, with the teams below that starting to play catch up with us

In every league match there are 3 outcomes. In the Cup 2 outcomes. That means the are 54 different possible ways those matches could go. You've speculated on 2 of those 54.

Bunch of fucking drama queens.

We essentially hounded McInnes out now we'll hound his successor out, all the while still being in the cup and 4 points from Europe with a game in hand.

I'm just glad Cormack has the apricots to back his man.

35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

One thing is for certain. Glass will be doing well to be manager of Aberdeen FC next season. Hope Scott Brown is ready to step in. 

48 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

In every league match there are 3 outcomes. In the Cup 2 outcomes. That means the are 54 different possible ways those matches could go. You've speculated on 2 of those 54.

We essentially hounded McInnes out now we'll hound his successor out, all the while still being in the cup and 4 points from Europe with a game in hand.

When I speculate on putting the fixed odds on at the bookies I'm limiting myself to a very specific set of results too. But that's ok because it's not troubling your narrative.

I really do hope we win each and every one of those games. Do I think we will? Absolutely not.

Given the poor runs we went on twice already this season, I think it's perfectly reasonable that should another occur, Glass gets sent on his merry way.

You keep happy clapping all you like

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d agree. I suppose (no laughing) he could win us the Cup. 
Lose at Motherwell, which we probably will given our abysmal away form, then Dave Cormack has to do the right thing.

Will he?

Probanly not.

We’ll limp on in the vain hope we sneak 4th & Europe. 

I think something will have to happen. The two dates Cormack will have in mind are Motherwell away (Cup) and Dundee Utd at home. If we lose to Motherwell then the Dundee Utd game will become toxic for Cormack and Glass, not even Fergie homecoming can rescue Glass if we're out the cup by end of February and miles behind Hearts in 3rd.

13 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I am sure Cormack stated during an interview that he was only wanting a certain type of manager. It was one who would work with a DOF and a head of recruitment. I find it absolutely extraordinary that Glass couldn’t get in at least 1 more striker during the January window….the DOF and head of recruitment should be ashamed as it will more than likely backfire against us. I really have sympathy for Stephen Glass the manager as he seems very restricted but as you suggest as a man he should be demanding more. 

If I remember right, his point was only 4 managers who applied for the job were willing to let him interfere, in terms of transfer policy. 

The model we've moved to is one he, Cormack, is comfortable with. However, our recent success was achieved with a manager deciding everything, including signings. So we're going against our own largely successful period and quite frankly it's not working so far.

1 minute ago, RUL said:

If I remember right, his point was only 4 managers who applied for the job were willing to let him interfere, in terms of transfer policy. 

The model we've moved to is one he, Cormack, is comfortable with. However, our recent success was achieved with a manager deciding everything, including signings. So we're going against our own largely successful period and quite frankly it's not working so far.

I agree. It’s like someone getting a manager’s job on a building site…..except the hierarchy above are deciding who works on the site whilst also employing a further boss who keeps an eye on the manager. Houses on the said site are not getting produced quickly enough and the quality of them is somewhat lacking. Everything will fall into place the hierarchy tell the people who buy houses because the manager of the site was good at putting up fences when he was a normal worker and once looked after a site because his cousin in Spain had covid. 
In other words it’s only going one way and it doesn’t look great for the homeowners.

9 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Did you watch the last 2 games?  The St Mirren debacle was a sacking offence on it's own.  He's followed that up with a pathetic transfer window and another absolute shit show against County.

1 win in 13 away games is sacking form.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I agree. It’s like someone getting a manager’s job on a building site…..except the hierarchy above are deciding who works on the site whilst also employing a further boss who keeps an eye on the manager. Houses on the said site are not getting produced quickly enough and the quality of them is somewhat lacking. Everything will fall into place the hierarchy tell the people who buy houses because the manager of the site was good at putting up fences when he was a normal worker and once looked after a site because his cousin in Spain had covid. 
In other words it’s only going one way and it doesn’t look great for the homeowners.

What?

• Haha 1

The one time you are guaranteed to hear from Cormack is regarding DNA renewals and ST renewals.

The clusterfuck of a season to date suggests that he is going to struggle this year on the back of performances and people’s financial state to convince many to renew.

If we get knocked out of the cup by Motherwell, the time to admit his experiment had failed has arrived.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The one time you are guaranteed to hear from Cormack is regarding DNA renewals and ST renewals.

The clusterfuck of a season to date suggests that he is going to struggle this year on the back of performances and people’s financial state to convince many to renew.

If we get knocked out of the cup by Motherwell, the time to admit his experiment had failed has arrived.

He might have the main stand painted to convince people to fund the club for another season. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As things stand, I will not renew my DNA and I suspect I am not alone. 

If MT whthdraws his 5 DNA's then its over for Cormack.  

• Haha 1