Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

40 minutes ago, NEM said:

Did you watch the last 2 games?  The St Mirren debacle was a sacking offence on it's own.  He's followed that up with a pathetic transfer window and another absolute shit show against County.

1 win in 13 away games is sacking form.

It's poor, I'm not saying it's not, but I don't see the sense in binning him now.

I also don't think we can blame him for the transfers.

All I'm saying is wait til the end of the season and take stock. Some of the rhetoric on here makes it sound like we're bottom of the league.

Just now, RED_JOHN said:

?

Another person who is drawing a wage at Aberdeen without much end product. 
Hope the fans will start seeing the bigger picture of what is actually happening at the club….very very little. 
First and foremost we are a football team and being the best we can should be priority over anything else. If we can be successful on the pitch everything else will be a lot simpler to implement. The current hierarchy regime have taken their eye off the ball and concentrated efforts to be this so called community team. It will be a hell of a lot easier to appeal to the community and a lot further if we win on the pitch.

The Community folks do a great job to be fair

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I actually felt sorry for Wicks during the summer Q&As

"Tell us about the exciting developments at Pittodrie, Rob"

"We've painted the Red Shed"

"Anything else?"

"Erm, we've got new tills in the kiosks"

"Cheers, Rob"

?

Another person who is drawing a wage at Aberdeen without much end product. 
Hope the fans will start seeing the bigger picture of what is actually happening at the club….very very little. 
First and foremost we are a football team and being the best we can should be priority over anything else. If we can be successful on the pitch everything else will be a lot simpler to implement. The current hierarchy regime have taken their eye off the ball and concentrated efforts to be this so called community team. It will be a hell of a lot easier to appeal to the community and a lot further if we win on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's poor, I'm not saying it's not, but I don't see the sense in binning him now.

All I'm saying is wait til the end of the season and take stock. Some of the rhetoric on here makes it sound like we're bottom of the league.

Our away form is the 2nd worst. That means every second week folk are going to be pissed off. Even our 2 wins away have been fucking brutal. 

We don't create evough. Yes, we aren't as ugly to watch as we were but it's still boring as fuck. I feel like we should have just given mcinnes the money to squander that we've spent sacking him, hiring a new management team etc. 

Such a disappointing period we are currently in. 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

Our away form is the 2nd worst. That means every second week folk are going to be pissed off. Even our 2 wins away have been fucking brutal. 

We don't create evough. Yes, we aren't as ugly to watch as we were but it's still boring as fuck. I feel like we should have just given mcinnes the money to squander that we've spent sacking him, hiring a new management team etc. 

Such a disappointing period we are currently in. 

That's hindsight though. Would you have said that when Mcinnes was still in post?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The one time you are guaranteed to hear from Cormack is regarding DNA renewals and ST renewals.

The clusterfuck of a season to date suggests that he is going to struggle this year on the back of performances and people’s financial state to convince many to renew.

If we get knocked out of the cup by Motherwell, the time to admit his experiment had failed has arrived.

Agree plus the current factors affecting cost of living will also come in to play.

If Cormack is as great as he thinks he is he will be well advanced with contingency plans to replace Glass.

Bet his ego will get in the way though.

However which manager of sound mind would want to work for Cormack anyway ?.

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership-predictions-betting-preview-and-free-football-tips/536012

"Stephen Glass's side won the shot count 14-4 and had 62 per cent possession at Dingwall but they were unable to convert their superiority into three points. However, looking at Aberdeen's performances over the last few months, it's hard not to rate them as the Scottish Premiership's third-best outfit"

An outsiders point of view.

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership-predictions-betting-preview-and-free-football-tips/536012

"Stephen Glass's side won the shot count 14-4 and had 62 per cent possession at Dingwall but they were unable to convert their superiority into three points. However, looking at Aberdeen's performances over the last few months, it's hard not to rate them as the Scottish Premiership's third-best outfit"

An outsiders point of view.

Stats mean nothing if you don’t win

For those that are interested and can be bothered watching 13 short videos, the following give a good indication of the model I believe Aberdeen are trying to implement.

Monchi is one of the best and is well know for beating the transfer market.

Also note they need 12 months of planning to scout players i.e its far too soon to judge our new recruitment team (wait until the summer).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, AllyDon said:

As things stand, I will not renew my DNA and I suspect I am not alone. 

If MT whthdraws his 5 DNA's then its over for Cormack.  

I'm in two minds if i will renew or not. All depends on how the rest of the season pans out i suppose. If we stick with Glass and there isn't a marked improvement in results / performances by the end of the season then i'll fuck it off and keep my Redtv international package

4 hours ago, super_al said:

For those that are interested and can be bothered watching 13 short videos, the following give a good indication of the model I believe Aberdeen are trying to implement.

Monchi is one of the best and is well know for beating the transfer market.

Also note they need 12 months of planning to scout players i.e its far too soon to judge our new recruitment team (wait until the summer).

Away min. Open your eyes. 

We're not trying to implement some great masterplan.  It's a random shambles. 

It's just spin to encourage you to open your wallet. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Thats an utter falsehood 

A) he gets service and fluffs it

2) it isn't 1993, strikers need to get involved and make things happen 

I don’t agree with this assertion MT.

For me, Ramirez is a decent striker. Probably at a 6/7 out of 10 performance wise in many games this season, so capable of better, just like the team as a whole. He’s one of our better performers in the group in my opinion.

When you play a lone striker, you’re really looking for centre midfield to play the box to box role and become the 2nd striker. But I find them fairly ponderous at times in that role, slow to get up the park. Some service from the wings I grant you, but for those balls you’re really looking for a lay off option when Ramirez wins the ball. Fergie is the closest to playing the required role, and it comes through in flashes.

I think Ramirez does try and get involved, coming deep etc. because centre mid are that slow. End product is one of the reasons we’re so powder puff in the final 3rd.

Ramirez doesn’t have pace though, we’d all agree with that I think. He’s more a leader of the line and a half decent finisher.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Away min. Open your eyes. 

We're not trying to implement some great masterplan.  It's a random shambles. 

It's just spin to encourage you to open your wallet. 

I’d say they are trying to implement a plan, or strategy.

But developing a plan is the easy bit, and I’ve no doubt the bold Gunner has done his research and taken the best bits from more advanced thinking clubs around the world. He’ll have put it together well and it will have sounded compelling, easy if you like.

However, a plan is all very well. It’s the execution that counts and here on in lies the random  shambles, with a random and no better balanced squad than a year ago, and an inexperienced back room team trying to implement their own said plan.

Another trick is to maybe sacrifice bits of your plan in the short term in order to drive results and momentum. Results buy you time in any business and we have a naivety about us  in terms of winning at all costs when it’s required.

Over the summer and into the early part of the season, I thought there was an element of smugness or misplaced arrogance coming out from Pittodrie about this plan or strategy. Almost as is it gave us an advantage against our peers with less of an articulate plan. As I said, the plan is the easy bit. It’s the execution that counts, and there are others better at the execution than us at present.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

I’d say they are trying to implement a plan, or strategy.

But developing a plan is the easy bit, and I’ve no doubt the bold Gunner has done his research and taken the best bits from more advanced thinking clubs around the world. He’ll have put it together well and it will have sounded compelling, easy if you like.

However, a plan is all very well. It’s the execution that counts and here on in lies the random  shambles, with a random and no better balanced squad than a year ago, and an inexperienced back room team trying to implement their own said plan.

Another trick is to maybe sacrifice bits of your plan in the short term in order to drive results and momentum. Results buy you time in any business and we have a naivety about us  in terms of winning at all costs when it’s required.

Over the summer and into the early part of the season, I thought there was an element of smugness or misplaced arrogance coming out from Pittodrie about this plan or strategy. Almost as is it gave us an advantage against our peers with less of an articulate plan. As I said, the plan is the easy bit. It’s the execution that counts, and there are others better at the execution than us at present.

I agree with the smugness and misplaced arrogance.  There was a puff piece with Gunn and Glass in particular which was a bit patronising towards the support I thought. 

But people are having the wool pulled over their eyes. 

I get that people need things to be positive about but if you look closely our transfer business it is exactly the same as previous apart from the addition of a few players with links to the Americas. 

In addition to that there is a worrying development where the younger players in our league don't seem to be as keen to come to Pittodrie as they were previously 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, manboobs109 said:

What part in binning him now doesn't make sense? 

The results and performances are an embarrassment to the club and the fans. Every week he rolls out the same tired line. The players going by the performance of late are clearly not interested in playing for him. 

In a season where third place is a HUGE financial incentive in terms of Europe Glass has fucked it. That squad could easily be in 3rd spot instead of floundering under Stephen out of his depth without a clue Glass.

I know of at least 20 who are not renewing season tickets next year. Which amongst a small group of friends and work colleagues is quite a percentage. Going by this forum lots are also hinting at not renewing under the current regime. I suspect that's the only time Cormack will get concerned when season tickets fall to 7k figures. 

For me Glass carries the can for the abysmal football and results and I (unsurprisingly) also don't see any upgrade on the "style" of football that Cormack and Glass bullshitted us with - unless of course that style incorporates headless chicken football in the opposition half.

Has to go - sooner the better. Cormack can go too for all I care. 

30 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

What part in binning him now doesn't make sense? 

The results and performances are an embarrassment to the club and the fans. Every week he rolls out the same tired line. The players going by the performance of late are clearly not interested in playing for him. 

In a season where third place is a HUGE financial incentive in terms of Europe Glass has fucked it. That squad could easily be in 3rd spot instead of floundering under Stephen out of his depth without a clue Glass.

I know of at least 20 who are not renewing season tickets next year. Which amongst a small group of friends and work colleagues is quite a percentage. Going by this forum lots are also hinting at not renewing under the current regime. I suspect that's the only time Cormack will get concerned when season tickets fall to 7k figures. 

For me Glass carries the can for the abysmal football and results and I (unsurprisingly) also don't see any upgrade on the "style" of football that Cormack and Glass bullshitted us with - unless of course that style incorporates headless chicken football in the opposition half.

Has to go - sooner the better. Cormack can go too for all I care. 

That's not true is it? It's capable of 3rd(maybe) but not easily.

• Upvote 1