Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

If Glass remains in post until the end of the season we WILL get relegated.

However when you see how Hibs and Hearts are progressing, following recent relegations, would that be a bad thing if it allowed major changes to be made to the running of the club?

21 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

If Glass remains in post until the end of the season we WILL get relegated.

However when you see how Hibs and Hearts are progressing, following recent relegations, would that be a bad thing if it allowed major changes to be made to the running of the club?

Paragraph 1 - No, we won’t be relegated, even if Glass remains…. 9th at worst.

Paragraph 2…. It would be disastrous for the club. In all aspects. Let the Edinburgh clubs remain yo-yo clubs.
We can remain only one of two clubs never to have lowered ourselves to have played in the lower leagues. 

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Paragraph 1 - No, we won’t be relegated, even if Glass remains…. 9th at worst.

Paragraph 2…. It would be disastrous for the club. In all aspects. Let the Edinburgh clubs remain yo-yo clubs.
We can remain only one of two clubs never to have lowered ourselves to have played in the lower leagues. 

To be fair, Rangers never played in the lower leagues. 

What is it about Glass' managerial capabilities than makes people 100% certain that we'll turn a corner and "we won't get relegated"?

Before anyone shits their knickers and gets weepy and emotional, I'm neither saying we will or we won't, so let's just nip that greetin-faced shite in the bud before anyone starts.

What is it about Glass, or this team, that gives you that cast iron No Relegation guarantee?

I've never quite understood the idea of the silver lining of relegation being a good thing in that you can kind of 'reset' and come back with a new philosophy and so on. Because wouldn't it be better to not get relegated and do the same 'reset' while still in the top division and not taking the substantial drop in revenue? 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

What is it about Glass' managerial capabilities than makes people 100% certain that we'll turn a corner and "we won't get relegated"?

Before anyone shits their knickers and gets weepy and emotional, I'm neither saying we will or we won't, so let's just nip that greetin-faced shite in the bud before anyone starts.

What is it about Glass, or this team, that gives you that cast iron No Relegation guarantee?

My comment “we won’t get relegated” is based not on the managerial ability of Glass.

It’s based on the fact that over 38 games, the players we have will somehow find a way to amass more points than Livi, Ross County, Dundee regardless of a lack of organisation, poor management.

And also, come the new year, if things were that bad, a new manager would come in and keep us ok. 

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Does it matter to some if we get relegated? 

There's more to football than results.

We're having more possession, creating more chances and the football is more entertaining. You can see what Glass is trying to do and if it comes off we'll be in a better place. 

HaHaHa

We wont get relegated. If we do then the manager should be sacked ;)

Talk of relegation is so ludicrous and entirely laughable those that suggest it.

Lets see where we are after two rounds of fixtures

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pedant point.....yes we have. When we applied to join the Scottish leagues and were admitted to the Second division. We finished 7th (out of 12)  but in spite of this, were admitted to the new expanded First Division the next season and have remained in the top division ever since.

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

* My comment “we won’t get relegated” is based not on the managerial ability of Glass.

** It’s based on the fact that over 38 games, the players we have will somehow find a way to amass more points than Livi, Ross County, Dundee regardless of a lack of organisation, poor management.

*** And also, come the new year, if things were that bad, a new manager would come in and keep us ok. 

* I think it's becoming apparent that we're effectively managerless, at the moment. I live in hope that Glass is on a crash course to learn the job, but I'm not confident. 

** We clearly have players who are better than those in some of the teams we've played, but we're such an unbalanced, disjointed mess it makes no difference. Any side with half a game plan will beat us. 

*** Keep in mind, Cormack was the guy who thought appointing someone with no noticeable ability was a great idea. And it's Cormack who'll be driving the next manager's appointment, too. 

If we lose away to Dundee we then go into a very tough set of matches where we're playing Celtic and Sevco away, and have games against Hibs, Hearts, and Motherwell, albeit at home, but you wouldn't expect to win any of those games on current form. 

I think in December more people will be changing their minds about the impossibility of a relegation fight. 

1 minute ago, findlay_1903 said:

It would be absolutely catastrophic. 

It may well be but everyone who doesn't believe it can happen should look at our form in the 2021 calendar year. Only Livvy are worse, and not by much.

We are in a shocking state which, if not addressed soon, could be very difficult to rectify no matter who the manager is.

This deterioration is happening on DC's watch by the way!!