Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

Guest findlay_1903
5 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

It may well be but everyone who doesn't believe it can happen should look at our form in the 2021 calendar year. Only Livvy are worse, and not by much.

We are in a shocking state which, if not addressed soon, could be very difficult to rectify no matter who the manager is.

This deterioration is happening on DC's watch by the way!!

If we get relegated the financials would be too much for us. Recovering from pandemic coupling that with a relegation, Jee whizz. It’s unthinkable. Rowie Dave would surely pull the trigger if by Xmas we are cut adrift. The enjoyment of the rest of Scottish football if we got relegated would be huge. Jack mcinnes leading the chorus of cheers. 

DTID

Dundee are horrendous... but if guys like Adam and Griffiths do eventually click into gear they might start taking some points. Wouldn't surprise me if they get at least a point off us in the next game. 

Livi are useless too, but we only beat them by an injury time goal.

Ross County are hopeless as well and we only got a draw with them.

These kind of teams also have the advantage that they are used to the pressure of a relegation scrap - our bunch aren't, and I'm not sure I'd be confident of the outcome if they find themselves down the bottom 3 with 10 games to go. Long way to go before we get to that stage - but the Dundee game will perhaps give an indication.

13 hours ago, Woody21 said:

If Glass remains in post until the end of the season we WILL get relegated.

However when you see how Hibs and Hearts are progressing, following recent relegations, would that be a bad thing if it allowed major changes to be made to the running of the club?

Jeezuz fkn wept, I have read some shite on here and other forums over the years and have posted some amount of shite masel, but holy fkn shit this comment takes the award for the dumbest quote ever by a country mile.

Surely you are on the wind up, if you are not then ffs get a grip.

We have a new training ground we're probably still paying off, the 3rd highest wage bill in the league and plans for a new stadium in the next 5 or so years.

Relegation could cripple us and with DNA already being a thing, it'd be tough for dodgy dave to do a hearts and ask the fans for more money.

join the highland league, id be delighted to leave a masonic driven game that would pull out all the stops if the dons ever had a sniff of the league.
a league with clowns like collum and madden is an absolute mess anyway, refs deliberately in place to keep the duopoloy propped up. , watch celtic get a leg up for a few games to bolster interest.
HIGHLAND LEAGUE NOW.

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Covid has helped DC fly under the radar but his stewardship of the club needs sorted out! Either step up or step away 

100%.

He's hiding at present, unless a Q & A has been arranged that I haven't heard about.

His precious prawcess is looking more and more phoney by the day.

9 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Who is going step in and bank roll the club if he steps away.....

The club will just have to live within its means and cut its cloth accordingly. 

The creeping up of the wage bill is a concern to me anyway as its contradicts the board's message on sustainability.  I'm sure the money put in isn't a gift, business people normally want their money back in some way, whether that be share issues, repayments, dividends, whatever. 

Would we really suffer if we didn't have half of our current high earners on the books?  Even with normal fan investment , TV and prize money we should be able to put a competitive budget together. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The club will just have to live within its means and cut its cloth accordingly. 

The creeping up of the wage bill is a concern to me anyway as its contradicts the board's message on sustainability.  I'm sure the money put in isn't a gift, business people normally want their money back in some way, whether that be share issues, repayments, dividends, whatever. 

Would we really suffer if we didn't have half of our current high earners on the books?  Even with normal fan investment , TV and prize money we should be able to put a competitive budget together. 

St Johnstone won two cups last season.

There budget and fan base is very low in comparison to ours. But there manager had served his time and could work very well with the players at his disposal.

If DC had followed a proper prawcess we could have, surely, sourced a more than capable manager to take the club forwards, and upwards.

Employing his mate is going to leave him with some legacy unless actions are taken sooner rather than later...

In pro sports in the US tanking is pretty much rewarded and viewed as a valid rebuilding strategy. The Phil. 76ers are a prime example. Their unofficial slogan is still trust the process.

I like how football disincentivizes and shames losing. And it would be very bad if AFC gets relegated. Awful thought.

7 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

In pro sports in the US tanking is pretty much rewarded and viewed as a valid rebuilding strategy. The Phil. 76ers are a prime example. Their unofficial slogan is still trust the process.

I like how football disincentivizes and shames losing. And it would be very bad if AFC gets relegated. Awful thought.

Aye but in the US trust the process of shite team refers to getting first draft pick with a view to actually building a decent team.

Someone better tell DC that we don't have a draft system here.