Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

On 10/5/2021 at 5:09 PM, Don_Corleone said:

Last time we nearly got relegated Glass was involved too.

That team included Snelders, Stephen Wright, Stewart McKimmie, Brian Irvine, Glass, Brian Grant, Joe Miller, Duncan Shearer, Billy Dodds...

Crazy that a team with a keeper that good, and 2 strikers that good could be so close to going down... 

Tidy finish by Glass in the second leg.

6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye but in the US trust the process of shite team refers to getting first draft pick with a view to actually building a decent team.

Someone better tell DC that we don't have a draft system here. 

Correct. The system incentivizes putting a bad product on the court and charging $100 a ticket and 12 bucks a beer for it.  

2 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Nonsense thread 

Not really. Without complete arse cheek type arrogance, relegation is actually a very real possibility under his current management. Just as it was under numerous others in the past. 

Only delusional arrogance & complete denial of ‘potential’ reality means this is a nonsense thread.

It should be discussed in preparation/before it becomes even more of a possibility (which is happening at gathering pace week by week) as the weeks go by. Relegation most certainly will not be beneath us but very much around us & more & more will be accepting the discussions as reality.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:09 PM, Don_Corleone said:

Last time we nearly got relegated Glass was involved too.

That team included Snelders, Stephen Wright, Stewart McKimmie, Brian Irvine, Glass, Brian Grant, Joe Miller, Duncan Shearer, Billy Dodds...

Crazy that a team with a keeper that good, and 2 strikers that good could be so close to going down... 

The keeper looked anything but 'good' for both Dunfermline goals.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not really. Without complete arse cheek type arrogance, relegation is actually a very real possibility under his current management. Just as it was under numerous others in the past. 

Only delusional arrogance & complete denial of ‘potential’ reality means this is a nonsense thread.

It should be discussed in preparation/before it becomes even more of a possibility (which is happening at gathering pace week by week) as the weeks go by. Relegation most certainly will not be beneath us but very much around us & more & more will be accepting the discussions as reality.

8 games in, its far too early to be concerned.

Even as poor a start as we've had, we'll not be in the bottom 2 come the end of the season.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Spot on.

We should stop burying our heads in the sand believing that we will not be relegated because we've never been relegated.

It is almost certain that by the end of October we will be well and truly entrenched in the bottom six, closer to 12th than 7th. That constitutes the beginning of a relegation threat in my book and an inexperienced manager, who may have the worst Dons manager win ratio by then, doesn't fill me with the confidence that we will get rid of that threat in a hurry.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, Woody21 said:

If Glass remains in post until the end of the season we WILL get relegated.

However when you see how Hibs and Hearts are progressing, following recent relegations, would that be a bad thing if it allowed major changes to be made to the running of the club?

You are a fucking weirdo

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

After my original flippant post I do have a real concern that we are heading for the relegation trap door, and all the issues that could bring, unless, that is, Cormack grows a pair and sacks Glass without any further delay.

No more excuses the experiment has not worked and, if Cormack fails to bring proper leadership to the situation, he created in the first place, then he can get to feck with his mate as well.

What an absolute shambles we find our once proud club in!!!

On 10/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My comment “we won’t get relegated” is based not on the managerial ability of Glass.

It’s based on the fact that over 38 games, the players we have will somehow find a way to amass more points than Livi, Ross County, Dundee regardless of a lack of organisation, poor management.

And also, come the new year, if things were that bad, a new manager would come in and keep us ok. 

There are those of us who remember 1995. It seemed unthinkable, no way it could happen, results will come etc. They didn't and as the realisation slowly dawned, it was horrific. 

Yes we stayed up in the end, but we did finish in a position which required the Great Escape playoff. No Aberdeen fan would have thought that was likely the previous October. 

13 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

There are those of us who remember 1995. It seemed unthinkable, no way it could happen, results will come etc. They didn't and as the realisation slowly dawned, it was horrific. 

Yes we stayed up in the end, but we did finish in a position which required the Great Escape playoff. No Aberdeen fan would have thought that was likely the previous October. 

Yes it was a horrendous traumatic experience, still comb on cars if Dodds didn’t get that last gasp goal at Tynecastle we would have been fucked

95 was a hell of an experience, looking back. One of the best atmospheres I've ever had at Pittodrie was the Dundee Utd game. First time ever in the Main stand too so that sticks with me.

But no wish to relive it, it's only now becoming 'fun' looking back 25 years because we survived it.

Relegation will be many times worse, and yeah there might be some silver linings 20 odd years on but it would be disastrous for the club.

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Relegation would be a disaster but not a fucking chance its happening.

Thread closed! 

Keep taking the medication and listening to those voices.

If Cormack remains in denial and continues to back his out of his depth manager we'll get relegated no question.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

A thread titled "Would relegation be a bad thing" is nonsense i'm afraid.

Under no circumstances would relegation ever be good for the club. So it's nonsense

2 hours ago, beef_sister said:

A thread titled "Would relegation be a bad thing" is nonsense i'm afraid.

Under no circumstances would relegation ever be good for the club. So it's nonsense

You say that but if a club was getting ran really badly by an egotistic, know it all chairman relegation might be the only way to get back to basics, build proper foundations and, more importantly, have a chairman who understands how a football club should be ran.

Two steps back to go three steps forward if you like.

Don't get me wrong if we avoid relegation and, at some stage go on a run of form, I would be well impressed but, unfortunately, I think that DC will have to swallow his pride, admit his mistakes and start making better decisions first. That simply isn't going to happen as we go into what will most certainly be a winter of discontent...

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

You say that but if a club was getting ran really badly by an egotistic, know it all chairman relegation might be the only way to get back to basics, build proper foundations and, more importantly, have a chairman who understands how a football club should be ran.

Two steps back to go three steps forward if you like.

Don't get me wrong if we avoid relegation and, at some stage go on a run of form, I would be well impressed but, unfortunately, I think that DC will have to swallow his pride, admit his mistakes and start making better decisions first. That simply isn't going to happen as we go into what will most certainly be a winter of discontent...

If we got relegated do you really think he'd leave?

I understand the sentiment but financially it would cripple us. Who else comes in and takes over?

It's never a good idea to accept relegation as a positive thing.  Any reset chat is a myth, you're making it harder to reset by going down, not easier!! 

Also, other clubs have struggled to come straight back up.  Hibs, Dundee United and the New Huns have all needed more than one bite of the cherry to get out of the Championship in recent times. 

Needs to be avoided at all costs. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

If we got relegated do you really think he'd leave?

I understand the sentiment but financially it would cripple us. Who else comes in and takes over?

Understand the multitude of problems that relegation would bring hence why Glass has to go sooner rather than later. Cormack really needs to change the stance he has dug himself into or seriously reconsider his position as chairman. This cannot end well if he continues to act like a complete fud.