Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

Only good thing going for us is that we're not the only team who's form has been awful lately.

After the last game before the winter break we were 4 points behind 4th place (Motherwell). After going 9 games without a win we are currently only 5 points off 4th place and 3 points behind Motherwell who have miraculously been worse than us in the league over the past 9 games.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Odds definitely coming in now. Can't remember who said we were pishing the bed because the bookies are never wrong? 

No wins in 9 is a serious red flag. 

Hopefully Dundee and St Johnstone continue their poor form.  A mini revival from one of them and it could get scary. 

It was me who said the bookies know what they are doing (noboby mentioned them never being wrong) and it was me who said we are not going down and that some folk were a bunch of drama queens with the relegation chat.

All of the above is still correct.

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

It was me who said the bookies know what they are doing (noboby mentioned them never being wrong) and it was me who said we are not going down and that some folk were a bunch of drama queens with the relegation chat.

All of the above is still correct.

Aye 10th after 29 games is being dramatic, right enough. 

?

Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

Its shite. No denying that.

Getting in a tizzy and honestly thinking we're getting relegated (like you have for months now) is a tad dramatic imo. 

Its been an abortion of a season but chill oot min. 

I've never once said we'd be relegated. 

But I have consistently warned that we were in danger of getting sucked in. 

• 1 month later...

Relegation would be a disaster but I actually think it would make me more likely to attend games. That is how much they have scunnered Scottish football. Same teams, play each other heaps of times, same result at the end of the season. I'm so bored of it. The thought of Kilmarnock being back in the league makes me violently ill. Nothing worse than having a bit of free time at the weekend and checking to see who Aberdeen are playing and its Kilmarnock. I would dread to know how much times I have seen Aberdeen versus Kilmarnock in the last 30 years.

RELEGATION. New teams. New grounds. Aberdeen derby. Win the league. Considine as boss. 

Quality

• Haha 1

With 4 games to go and taking goal difference into account St Johnstone would still need 6 points more than us to pass us in the league and push us into the playoff place. Would also require St Mirren to get more points than us.

We're undeniably bad, however St Johnstone and St Mirren are both also awful and there's nothing to suggest they will get the points needed to pass us in the table. Realistically St Johnstone aren't winning all 4 games so 3 points (maybe less) from the remaining 4 games will be enough to avoid the playoff place.

57 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

With 4 games to go and taking goal difference into account St Johnstone would still need 6 points more than us to pass us in the league and push us into the playoff place. Would also require St Mirren to get more points than us.

We're undeniably bad, however St Johnstone and St Mirren are both also awful and there's nothing to suggest they will get the points needed to pass us in the table. Realistically St Johnstone aren't winning all 4 games so 3 points (maybe less) from the remaining 4 games will be enough to avoid the playoff place.

So a defeat and three 0-0s??

11 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Holy Christ. If this doesn't wake up the happy clappers nothing will. Frankly I'm terrified right now.

Slightly different scenario. With 4 games to go in 2013/14 Hibs were indeed 7th but there was only 3 points between 7th and 12th and only 3 goals different in goal difference between 7th and 11th. We are currently 5 points off 11th place and 18 goals better off. Far better position than Hibs were in that season.

15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Slightly different scenario. With 4 games to go in 2013/14 Hibs were indeed 7th but there was only 3 points between 7th and 12th and only 3 goals different in goal difference between 7th and 11th. We are currently 5 points off 11th place and 18 goals better off. Far better position than Hibs were in that season.

Ok, fair dos for digging deeper. I can't imagine how the hell we could be possibly be 18 goals better off than anyone. In fact, 36 points is also remarkable.

I just hope he can motivate them into actually giving a performance with a decent winning outcome 

however his options for battling qualities amongst who he has left and told they are staying is now very limited , anyone in the younger group who has those qualities 

I can’t see the likes of mcgeoch , jenks, McLennan putting their body on the line for the club 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Goodwin should tell the lads that " We can afford to lose one of these four games, boys, and so long as we don't concede in the other 3 we should be ok"

He should tell them your all safe next year with a mega pay rise.   That would put a spark up their asses.   Get a win against Dundee, them tell them I was joking the useless pricks that have got us in this position will be fired. 

15 hours ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Ok, fair dos for digging deeper. I can't imagine how the hell we could be possibly be 18 goals better off than anyone. In fact, 36 points is also remarkable.

I know, its bizarre. We're actually equal 5th best in the league for goals scored this season and equal 6th best for goals conceded. We've lost way too many games but we don't lose them by many goals.

15 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

I just hope he can motivate them into actually giving a performance with a decent winning outcome 

however his options for battling qualities amongst who he has left and told they are staying is now very limited , anyone in the younger group who has those qualities 

I can’t see the likes of mcgeoch , jenks, McLennan putting their body on the line for the club 

He can’t motivate them at all! His biggest failing so far

This appears to be true at the moment 

I just hope when he gets his new players in that are happy to work with him the atmosphere will change 

it seems that there are a few “ miffed , huffy, sulky” with him at the moment .

It doesn’t help that we are losing as well but there’s a correlation there and they definitely need a win to give some respite to the dark mood that’s prevelant

Happy joe must be in his element  

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I know, its bizarre. We're actually equal 5th best in the league for goals scored this season and equal 6th best for goals conceded. We've lost way too many games but we don't lose them by many goals.

This season is hands down the worst quality top flight I have EVER seen in Scottish football. Dundee United are sitting in a European position and have won something like 2 games this year. I didn't know it was possible for so many teams to have so few points.

Wouldn't even need a great team to hoover this division up this season.

17 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

This season is hands down the worst quality top flight I have EVER seen in Scottish football. Dundee United are sitting in a European position and have won something like 2 games this year. I didn't know it was possible for so many teams to have so few points.

Motherwell also, 1 win in the league since Boxing Day and in the top 6.

Last season we finshed 4th with 56 points. Can't see 4th place this season ending with any more than 46/47.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Yes, and the meatheads on SS did their usual spouting pre season how this was going to be a year of high quality and challenges for the title from all fronts...jokers...they really know fuck all. These are the same guys that were telling us tims would win 20 in a row no problem.