Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

Recommended Posts

Guest
42 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

If we got relegated do you really think he'd leave?

I understand the sentiment but financially it would cripple us. Who else comes in and takes over?

Understand the multitude of problems that relegation would bring hence why Glass has to go sooner rather than later. Cormack really needs to change the stance he has dug himself into or seriously reconsider his position as chairman. This cannot end well if he continues to act like a complete fud.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone saying it's never going to happen is delusional. I like to think something will give and things turn around, but that's not a given. Change has to come. Fingers in the ears, nothing to see here gets us nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
On 10/22/2021 at 2:21 AM, alscotoz said:

Anyone saying it's never going to happen is delusional. I like to think something will give and things turn around, but that's not a given. Change has to come. Fingers in the ears, nothing to see here gets us nowhere.

Just saying bottom club, Ross County, now 6 points behind us with game in hand.

We are in the shite whilst DC claims he's not confused.

If by the end of the year, and certainly before the transfer window, we are continuing to fall down the league then egotistic Dave will have to grow a pair and sack his puppet mate.

This experiment has quite simply failed.

Surely any remaining happy clappers must acknowledge that?

Share this post


Link to post

Relegation? It wasn't bad...it was horrible.
Things in football change very quickly. This will certainly be a season to forget but never think about relegation.
Next year, try to rebuild the team to return to Aberdeen's rightful place.

Edited by GreenLisbon25
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Just saying bottom club, Ross County, now 6 points behind us with game in hand.

We are in the shite whilst DC claims he's not confused.

If by the end of the year, and certainly before the transfer window, we are continuing to fall down the league then egotistic Dave will have to grow a pair and sack his puppet mate.

This experiment has quite simply failed.

Surely any remaining happy clappers must acknowledge that?

Glass ain't going anywhere, he will be given the full season and will be backed in Jan with cash to sort out the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, cruickc2 said:

Glass ain't going anywhere, he will be given the full season and will be backed in Jan with cash to sort out the problems.

Excellent, he'll maybe be able to tie up Jenks, Longstaff and Samuels on permanent deals with the right cash backing.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Glass ain't going anywhere, he will be given the full season and will be backed in Jan with cash to sort out the problems.

I think it depends on how dire the situation becomes. Right now I reckon Cormack still looks at us as being mid table with a couple of wins taking us into top six but should we continue our shit form - which is highly likely for at least another match - there must come a point where the threat of being relegated outweighs having to admit he fucked up.

As for the OP question......of course it would be THAT bad.

Edited by Jigsaw666
additional thought

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Glass ain't going anywhere, he will be given the full season and will be backed in Jan with cash to sort out the problems.

There's not a cat's chance in hell he survives if we are 11th or 12th going into February. Maybe even 10th depending on the points gap between our position and the bottom 2. The support would have moved on from being in uproar to outright mutiny if we were. 

There has to be a reasonable case that after this weekend where it's likely we will lose and do so heavily, that being on a 3 game losing streak and with teams below us closing in (fair chance of being overtaken by one or two) that the Livi and Sr Mirren games that quickly follow become nothing other than "must win". Losing them would have us equalling the 5 game losing streak we have already achieved this season and that can't be tolerated. But even drawing them both would likely see us sitting 11th at best. 

I'll never actively want us to lose a game but I'd rather it was those 2 and we then gave any new manager a few games to assess the squad and then the chance to address any deficiencies in the January window than bumble along picking up the odd win here and there but staying close to the bottom and finding ourselves in real relegation difficulties as the season starts to close in

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Glass ain't going anywhere, he will be given the full season and will be backed in Jan with cash to sort out the problems.

Cash won't sort the glaring tactical issues he has failed to address so far...

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

There's not a cat's chance in hell he survives if we are 11th or 12th going into February. Maybe even 10th depending on the points gap between our position and the bottom 2. The support would have moved on from being in uproar to outright mutiny if we were. 

There has to be a reasonable case that after this weekend where it's likely we will lose and do so heavily, that being on a 3 game losing streak and with teams below us closing in (fair chance of being overtaken by one or two) that the Livi and Sr Mirren games that quickly follow become nothing other than "must win". Losing them would have us equalling the 5 game losing streak we have already achieved this season and that can't be tolerated. But even drawing them both would likely see us sitting 11th at best. 

I'll never actively want us to lose a game but I'd rather it was those 2 and we then gave any new manager a few games to assess the squad and then the chance to address any deficiencies in the January window than bumble along picking up the odd win here and there but staying close to the bottom and finding ourselves in real relegation difficulties as the season starts to close in

More or less as I see it.

Cormack might be an arrogant narrcasist but he is essentially as big a fan as any one of us on here so if we are at or near the foot of the table come mid December, some half baked excuse will be cooked up to explain Glass’ departure (kids can’t settle, too cold for one of them given their health condition - as Cormack used himself in 2001 to explain his own return to the States) 

But, with Ramsay and Gallagher nearing full fitness, I think we’ll rally after the Celtic game and be comfortably mid table come the new year, so fuck all will happen, the can gets kicked down the road and probably decent money will get sent Glass’ way - for more loan duds.

A RedTV interview with Darren Mowbray will be upcoming, outlining links with English clubs, Belgian clubs etc etc to whet the fans appetite. 

Glass’ situation might get looked at again come next summer, we’ll see. 

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post

Come on boys we're nae getting relegated - what do you think we are, some two bob outfit like Hibs or Hearts?

 

We'll start climbing the league when Ramsay is back.  Likely lose Sunday then I'd be pretty confident we'll take 11 to 13 points from the following 5 games.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

 

We'll start climbing the league when Ramsay is back.  Likely lose Sunday then I'd be pretty confident we'll take 11 to 13 points from the following 5 games.

 

 

😂😂😂😂. I remember when I was confident...

The hope kills you.

Share this post


Link to post

Ramsay back and maybe another drunken rant fae Cormack on the wireless and we'll be flying 😄

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

More or less as I see it.

Cormack might be an arrogant narrcasist but he is essentially as big a fan as any one of us on here so if we are at or near the foot of the table come mid December, some half baked excuse will be cooked up to explain Glass’ departure (kids can’t settle, too cold for one of them given their health condition - as Cormack used himself in 2001 to explain his own return to the States) 

But, with Ramsay and Gallagher nearing full fitness, I think we’ll rally after the Celtic game and be comfortably mid table come the new year, so fuck all will happen, the can gets kicked down the road and probably decent money will get sent Glass’ way - for more loan duds.

A RedTV interview with Darren Mowbray will be upcoming, outlining links with English clubs, Belgian clubs etc etc to whet the fans appetite. 

Glass’ situation might get looked at again come next summer, we’ll see. 

We were pish with both of them in the team previously, so I don't get your optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

We were pish with both of them in the team previously, so I don't get your optimism.

Just based on the Hibs/Sevco/Hearts trilogy of games, albeit without Ramsay and Gallagher. We proved then what we are capable of. You can’t deny those two are quality players when deployed correctly.

Having them two back releases other players into their natural positions. Glass had made an almighty cunt of it but nobody can deny he’s been unlucky with Covid and injuries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, NEM said:

Come on boys we're nae getting relegated - what do you think we are, some two bob outfit like Hibs or Hearts?

 

We'll start climbing the league when Ramsay is back.  Likely lose Sunday then I'd be pretty confident we'll take 11 to 13 points from the following 5 games.

 

 

We all thought we were too good in 95 to get relegated. Now in the end we just managed to avoid doing so via a play-off..............but with 6 weeks to go it was looking fucking bleak. And the squad in 94-95 was far better than the one we have now.

I suspect we will steady the ship to an extent once we get our defenders fit and manage to play them consistently for a couple of months. But we don't make too many chances for our forwards so teams will always fancy their chances against us. Even if we manage to scrape into the top half of the league and finish 5th or 6th, with our advantage in budget over everyone bar the arse cheeks that is still totally unacceptable.

Edited by Ten Caat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Just based on the Hibs/Sevco/Hearts trilogy of games, albeit without Ramsay and Gallagher. We proved then what we are capable of. You can’t deny those two are quality players when deployed correctly.

Having them two back releases other players into their natural positions. Glass had made an almighty cunt of it but nobody can deny he’s been unlucky with Covid and injuries.

 

Sadly the other 11 games have shown what we are really like. 

Share this post


Link to post

Every team below us has a game in hand. Now I know they won't all take points, but that's bleak viewing. These are also teams where a lot of these players have been in this position before.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Sadly the other 11 games have shown what we are really like. 

Yep, you could argue that.

But with the following team on the park, which I doubt has ever played together, certainly not regularly anyway, I think we’ll be allright

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Gallagher McKenzie

Ferguson Brown McGeough

Hedges

Watkins Ramirez 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yep, you could argue that.

But with the following team on the park, which I doubt has ever played together, certainly not regularly anyway, I think we’ll be allright

Lewis

Ramsay McCrorie Gallagher McKenzie

Ferguson Brown McGeough

Hedges

Watkins Ramirez 

Well, a lot of those players have been poor, individually. The major flaw is the tactics, IMO. Teams know we can't break them down when they sit back, then fire a long diagonal over the top, in to space, and boom...goal(s). 
 

I don't share your optimism

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

We all thought we were too good in 95 to get relegated. Now in the end we just managed to avoid doing so via a play-off..............but with 6 weeks to go it was looking fucking bleak. And the squad in 94-95 was far better than the one we have now.

I suspect we will steady the ship to an extent once we get our defenders fit and manage to play them consistently for a couple of months. But we don't make too many chances for our forwards so teams will always fancy their chances against us. Even if we manage to scrape into the top half of the league and finish 5th or 6th, with our advantage in budget over everyone bar the arse cheeks that is still totally unacceptable.

That season still makes me shiver when it is talked about. By god we were so close to the drop.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Well, a lot of those players have been poor, individually. The major flaw is the tactics, IMO. Teams know we can't break them down when they sit back, then fire a long diagonal over the top, in to space, and boom...goal(s). 
 

I don't share your optimism

Haha pretty much this.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Well, a lot of those players have been poor, individually. The major flaw is the tactics, IMO. Teams know we can't break them down when they sit back, then fire a long diagonal over the top, in to space, and boom...goal(s). 
 

I don't share your optimism

I think Glass has got wise to the full backs pressing high up the pitch and the space that gets left behind them, by moving Brown 15 yds back, and in between the 2 centre backs, when the full backs go up the field.

I’m as pissed off as the rest of us right now but I’m just telling it as I see it.

The most that I expect is a top 6 finish but with zero aspirations of better days ahead. That’s the thing, if Glass kent his arse from his elbow, you’d cut him some slack and say he’s been unlucky with injuries etc. But he’s miles out of his depth, and watching him go toe to toe with Madden was embarrassing - like a schoolboy attempting to square up to his headmaster.

Its our version of OGS at Man Utd, hopefully doesn’t take us 3 years to realise our mistake

Illogical appointment which will set us back a year at least (if he gets binned in the summer - IF) so zero wider benefits, apart from maybe blooding a few more youngsters 

Edited by sooth_stander
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Until we start scoring goals we are in trouble! Which is exactly what we were saying last season, something is wrong with what we do in training/recruitment 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Just saying bottom club, Ross County, now 6 points behind us with game in hand.

Nae this again. 

Currently we have nae defenders and are in poor form and we're 100/1 to finish bottom, 22/1 to finish bottom two and 6/1 to finish bottom six whilst being odds on to finish top six. 

Now change the sheets ye fucking drama queen. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

The reaction when folk point out that we might be on the verge of a wee bit of trouble is a bit ott. 

What the bookies are currently offering is irrelevant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
4 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Nae this again. 

Currently we have nae defenders and are in poor form and we're 100/1 to finish bottom, 22/1 to finish bottom two and 6/1 to finish bottom six whilst being odds on to finish top six. 

Now change the sheets ye fucking drama queen. 

 

Still happy clapping I see.

Football isn't played on paper, or based on bookmaker odds.

Plenty of folk can see that Glass is out of his depth, so your "drama queen" accusation is not remotely accepted.

We are in big trouble min, and compared to the last time we were in relegation related trouble we don't look like a team coached to handle the challenge.

On another thread it has been noted that a loss at Celtic Park wouldn't be a surprise but failing to earn at least 4 points in the two subsequent home games against Livingston and St Mirren would be a continued warning sign of where we are potentially headed.

You keep listing excuses and I will keep reminding you of Cormack and Glass's serious failings which you will surely recognise one day......

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The reaction when folk point out that we might be on the verge of a wee bit of trouble is a bit ott. 

What the bookies are currently offering is irrelevant.  

Its nae really though is it min.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Still happy clapping I see.

Football isn't played on paper, or based on bookmaker odds.

Plenty of folk can see that Glass is out of his depth, so your "drama queen" accusation is not remotely accepted.

We are in big trouble min, and compared to the last time we were in relegation related trouble we don't look like a team coached to handle the challenge.

On another thread it has been noted that a loss at Celtic Park wouldn't be a surprise but failing to earn at least 4 points in the two subsequent home games against Livingston and St Mirren would be a continued warning sign of where we are potentially headed.

You keep listing excuses and I will keep reminding you of Cormack and Glass's serious failings which you will surely recognise one day......

We won't be relegated. 

You're either at it with making up the topic title or you're a drama queen.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...