Would Relegation Be a Bad Thing?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Guest said:

If Glass remains in post until the end of the season we WILL get relegated.

However when you see how Hibs and Hearts are progressing, following recent relegations, would that be a bad thing if it allowed major changes to be made to the running of the club?

Glad to see woody21 (now Guest) has now deleted his account.

Daft cunt! 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, Betty Swallicks said:

Glad to see woody21 (now Guest) has now deleted his account.

Daft cunt! 

Daft cunt insomuch as relegation WOULD be a bad thing.

However, if Cormack retains Glass in charge until the end of the season, in Fergie's words there are going to be plenty of "squeaky bums" on here.

If, and only if, this current run continues, and we continue earning less than one point per game we will certainly be in the bottom six post the split with a manager with a historically low win rate and 50%+ loss rate.

Surely Cormack would act before the bums really start squeaking?

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

300/1 to finish bottom.

66/1 to finish bottom 2. 

8/15 to finish top 6. 

Its been a shit season thus far and will likely end up being a shit season but folk need to settle doon on the relegation shite. The same folk who say "derby v Cove next season". Fucking wifies n drama queens!

That's all very well Betty but the bookies don't play the matches and will soon shift those odds if we don't start picking up points. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's all very well Betty but the bookies don't play the matches and will soon shift those odds if we don't start picking up points. 

Fair point. They prob just make up the odds with little or no thought. Likely just picked the odds on how the season will end out of thin air eh.

I think you should lump on now and make a fortune since they don't have a clue what they are doing. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Fair point. They prob just make up the odds with little or no thought. Likely just picked the odds on how the season will end out of thin air eh.

I think you should lump on now and make a fortune since they don't have a clue what they are doing. 

What a baby. 

Imagine not acknowledging that bookies will change their odds constantly.   Do you think Hibs were favourite to go down that year at the time when they were in 7th place? 

Of course we aren't favourites to go down just now. We're in 9th place currently with a game in hand over some of the teams around us and there is probably little money being put on us to go down at the bookies currently. 

But we've got two points from our last 15. Watch those odds shift sharpish should we lose to St Johnstone on Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What a baby. 

Imagine not acknowledging that bookies will change their odds constantly.   Do you think Hibs were favourite to go down that year at the time when they were in 7th place? 

If course we aren't favourites to go down just now. We're in 9th place currently with a game in hand over some of the teams around us. 

But we've got two points from our last 15. Watch those odds shift sharpish should we lose to St Johnstone on Tuesday. 

They will change their odds (either way) obviously. But those are the odds just now ie they too think we've little chance of going down.

If you think they are wrong then lump on and make some dough. Could pay for some new bedsheets. :)

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

They will change their odds (either way) obviously. But those are the odds just now ie they too think we've little chance of going down.

If you think they are wrong then lump on and make some dough. Could pay for some new bedsheets. :)

"bookies", "pishing the bed" 

Nobody is saying we are going down but some are saying if we don't get our finger out sharpish we're in trouble. Current Bookies odds have got fuck all to do with anything. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I can't talk to you, you're being a fucking baby about your precious bookies odds . My five year old has more maturity than you. 

"bookies", "pishing the bed" 

Away and stalk Millertime and stop wasting my time. 

Ha, ok! The bookies are wrong just now and you are right. Enjoy the new sheets you buy in May.

PS Better keep that daughter awa from @Poodler;)

Stupid thread. Of course relegation would be a bad thing. Financially would be a big hit for the club and attracting players wouldn’t be easy. Can you imagine how low attendances would be?

The problem is our arsehole chairman not appointing a good manager. Easier said than done, but a good start would be to not appoint a coach from a 3rd team MLS side with a shite track record.

Glass will get the season and probably another transfer window, and if things are still bad on the pitch by October (which they will be unfortunately), then I reckon a change will be made.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I don't go near them. They know what they are doing, they get odds right and take money off mugs who think they know better. ;) 

Bookies will base our relegation odds as unlikely because we have the 3rd highest budget and are supposed to be fairing better. On balance they will probably be correct that we will NOT be relegated but not so sure about us securing top six.

Whilst you don't hear of a poor bookie there are fields that they do price up wrongly i.e. over 2.5 goal odds, which I regularly benefit from at their expense.

I digress. Still reckon that Glass is managing on borrowed time and that Cormack WILL require to make a change, especially if local bedsheet stockists run out of supplies.

3 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Bookies will base our relegation odds as unlikely because we have the 3rd highest budget and are supposed to be fairing better. On balance they will probably be correct that we will NOT be relegated but not so sure about us securing top six.

Whilst you don't hear of a poor bookie there are fields that they do price up wrongly i.e. over 2.5 goal odds, which I regularly benefit from at their expense.

I digress. Still reckon that Glass is managing on borrowed time and that Cormack WILL require to make a change, especially if local bedsheet stockists run out of supplies.

8/15. A nap min. ;)

20 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Admire yer confidence min. Suspect odds pre-season were nearer 1/100 so 8/15 wouldn't have me sprinting to the bookies.

However if we get punted out of cup tomorrow, and Cormack or Glass decide Glass should GTF then yer bet might be right under a half clued up replacement manager.

Nae my bet. As I said, I don't touch the bookies (cos they know what they are doing, despite what folkfeels on here say).

Though it's not impossible I don't foresee any nail biting relegation battle as the end approaches, but wouldn't be surprised to not be in the top 6. I think this is currently the reality of Scottish football for non OF clubs. There are going to be very poor seasons because the money is so short in the game it's produced a sort of equivalence down the league.

They talk about the Championship being a more competitive league than the SPFL and it is as such, but remove the top two spots from the SPFL equation and the top league is a lot more dynamic and competitive. Which can make it a very hard slog indeed some years. And what is happening this year in particular could be consequential for the near term future. But relegation is never and never will be an answer to anything at all.

The very fact that both of the Edinburgh clubs were recently relegated demonstrates how unstable the league is outside the top two. This can happen to any club whether it be a big City club or not. If a reset is required than it has to take place still in the SPFL,  being in a lower league helps a reset in now ay shape or form, it just has to be accepted that for the immediate future money is so short in this league that poor non top 6 seasons are a possibility and even a likelihood.

I mentioned earlier this year in particular could be consequential, Hearts look good for third place and a potential Euro spot. If that's what happens and they manage to make a group stage they will be looking at up to around 4 to 5 million pounds of additional income. And while that could barely pay an EPL player it's major in the SPFL. And makes it all the harder to compete with even Hearts in this cash poor environment.